Author Topic: Happy Halloween Everyone  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Happy Halloween Everyone
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:11:05 am »
Oooooooh, spooky.

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Happy Halloween Everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:22:38 am »

Linus is NOT going to be happy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 01:01:44 pm »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:02:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 12:04:07 am »
Gonna be cool, cloudy and dry here tonight...great weather for Trick or Treat.  We usually get 30 or so kids every year....

Tomorrow is November....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 12:29:37 am »
Well its over here, terrible weather...windy, rainy and tstorms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 12:32:05 am »
We don't get kids here.  No street lights, instead they close mainstreet and have a big to do downtown with haunted houses, games, etc..
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 12:35:18 am »
Lovely evening here as I sit and await trick or treaters. I love to see the little ones in their costumes. And, oh yeah, from me they are getting nothing but junk food: Snickers, Milky Ways, Twix. If I were a kid I would want to come to my house.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 12:53:29 am »
A few hours ago - about 21:00 - I had to nip down to the local shop to pick up a few essentials.

Halloween isn't a huge thing here - we save our celebrations for the 5th, but the kids do love getting dressed up for parties. Since it is a school night, the parties ended early enough for a normal bed time.

I round the corner to see a tiny witch dancing like no one was watching. She was going all out, to the music coming from a house, while her friends cheered her on and her mother (we know each other in passing) watched from the doorway. Can't be more than about 7 years old, the lot of them. She saw me and stopped dead. Smiled at me and said "Trick or Treat?"

That was my treat for the evening.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She got my chocolate bar though. Fair trade.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 01:45:01 am »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 03:37:08 pm »
We had a lot of kids this year, exactly 50, my wife makes bags of various treats.
The town had curfews for Mischief Night and Halloween.  I really didn't care too much for it.  Soaping windows, shaving cream and toilet paper in the trees is great fun and really not such a big deal.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 03:59:35 am »
Glad that's over with. It's us parents annual reminder of what a "sugar high" is.   Time to put the scary stuff back in the attic till next year.    Now bring on the Turkey!

[attachment deleted by admin]
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 04:41:31 am »
Glad that's over with. It's us parents annual reminder of what a "sugar high" is.   Time to put the scary stuff back in the attic till next year.    Now bring on the Turkey!

LOL!  I was just thinking of picking up a spiral-cut ham from The Honey Baked Ham Store.  Incredible!  You got me....I'm going tomorrow.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 01:14:19 pm »
LOL!  I was just thinking of picking up a spiral-cut ham from The Honey Baked Ham Store.  Incredible!  You got me....I'm going tomorrow.

Ham on Thanksgiving in our family will get you banned from ever hosting Thanksgiving again. My wife’s brother made that mistake once.      For  us it is the traditional turkey with all the trimmings. For Christmas its often Prime Rib, and on New Years and Easter Ham may get its chance.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 01:36:59 pm »
Ham on Thanksgiving in our family will get you banned from ever hosting Thanksgiving again. My wife’s brother made that mistake once.      For  us it is the traditional turkey with all the trimmings. For Christmas its often Prime Rib, and on New Years and Easter Ham may get its chance.   

LOL!  My large, Italian family required Turkey AND Ham on the table(s)   

....ooooooh, I'm sure Barack and Michelle wouldn't approve.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald