Author Topic: Maryland Exchange Informs Man He is Not a Citizen (though his ancestors arrived on the Mayflower)  (Read 884 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/30/Video-Maryland-Man-Seeking-Insurance-Told-He-is-Not-a-Citizen

Maryland Exchange Informs Man He is Not a Citizen (though his ancestors arrived on the Mayflower)

by John Sexton 30 Oct 2013, 12:45 PM PDT

Brian Shaffer lives in Maryland. He is one of hundreds of thousands who has lost insurance because of the Affordable Care Act. But when Shaffer tried to buy replacement insurance on the Maryland exchange he got a surprise, one which he described as "sheer stupidity."

"I went to the Maryland Exchange, filled out the application, and at the end it told me I wasn't eligible because I was not a U.S. citizen" Shaffer told WJLA-TV.

Shaffer says he sent in his drivers license and birth certificate to the exchange by fax not once but twice. And still he has not been approved to buy insurance.

Amusingly, Shaffer has studied his own ancestry and knows that some of his relatives arrived in the New World on the Mayflower. His family has lived in America for 13 generations.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

It's sounding more like the government borrowed the hard drive off someone else's computer.  :silly:

Offline R4 TrumPence

It's sounding more like the government borrowed the hard drive off someone else's computer.  :silly:

It takes time to decipher the code: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online mountaineer

Had his surname been Gomez and the exchange deemed him "not a citizen," it wouldn't have been a problem, though ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org