Author Topic: NYPD takes Joe Biden's niece into custody  (Read 1500 times)

Offline flowers

NYPD takes Joe Biden's niece into custody
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:22:02 pm »
http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/23455049/nypd-takes-joe-bidens-niece-into-custody

NEW YORK (AP) — The niece of Vice President Joe Biden is in police custody in New York City.

Police said Tuesday that they took Caroline Biden into custody after responding to a report of a dispute at her Tribeca apartment.

Police said the 26-year-old scuffled with officers as they tried to break up a fight between her and her roommate.

Charges are pending.

The vice president's office declined to comment.

Offline mountaineer

Re: NYPD takes Joe Biden's niece into custody
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:05:33 pm »
She should have taken a shotgun and ... 

Never mind.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:07:52 pm »
This little bit of nastiness will just disappear, won't it comrades?

There is benefit to being a party member.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:17:11 am »
Charges, what charges?  They'll be dropped, and all arrest records conveniently "lost."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 10:55:37 pm »
‘Addicted’ Biden niece blames veep pressure
By Tara Palmeri, NY Post
September 21, 2013 | 2:51am

Uncle Joe is making her life a living hell.

Friends say Caroline ­Biden is a “hot mess” with a history of booze and pill addiction — and she blames it all on the tremendous pressure she faces being the vice president’s niece.

“She would complain about it all the time,” a confidant, socialite Paul Johnson Calderon, said without a hint of sarcasm. “She’s surrounded by a lot of people who use her because of who she is. Guys would want to date her because of who her ­uncle is.”

Cops were called to Caroline’s luxury rental apartment in Tribeca Tuesday morning when the 26-year-old allegedly went on a ­violent rampage, screaming and pounding on the doors in a fight with her roommate over unpaid rent. Caroline was arrested for taking a swing at a ­female cop.

The Georgetown University grad resisted going into a holding cell at a precinct station house and was transported to Beth Israel Hospital in a rolling chair — bizarrely with a towel covering her head.

But Calderon said he wasn’t surprised by her wacky antics.

“The pressure of being Joe Biden’s niece made her totally unravel,” he said. “It’s a desire for attention, a cry for help. She’s a very complicated girl who has a lot of feelings and a lot of issues.”

Caroline’s father, James Biden Sr., is the financier brother of the vice president. Family members have now grown so sick of her ­erratic behavior they have cut her off financially — sending her off the deep end, Calderon said.

“Her family has turned their back on her. She’s been abandoned by the family because they think that she’s nuts.”

Calderon, speaking from a sober-living facility, said he ended their friendship because he felt that he couldn’t associate with her while dealing with his own alcohol addiction.

“She’s a hot mess,” he said. “She’s like the Amanda Bynes, and I’m the Lindsay Lohan — but in recovery.”

Caroline, who works at the Higher Pictures gallery on the Upper East Side, was known to disappear for weeks and once squatted at an apartment where she didn’t pay rent. She went to rehab while at Georgetown for alcohol and Adderall addiction, another friend said.

The university confirmed that she graduated with her bachelor’s degree in 2012.

Caroline’s dad paid the security deposit in August 2013 for her luxury pad that she subletted from NYU student Anne Marie Yacopetti. Yacopetti’s mother, Marjie, claimed Caroline said she would pay the outstanding rent “when she feels like it.”

“It’s unfortunate that [Anne Marie] had to pay Caroline’s rent,” Marjie griped.

“We’re just little white-collar people here,” she said, adding that her daughter moved back to California to save money. “If you’re an elitist Biden, I guess you think you’re owed the world.”

Caroline’s other brush with the law came in 2009, when she was briefly detained by Amtrak police after a dispute over a train fare. She felt that she was treated unfairly because of her last name and intended to pay the ticket on the train, a friend said.

The vice president’s staff did not return a call or ­e-mail for comment.

“They don’t wish to make any comment,” said a person answering the phone from the Biden family’s home in Pennsylvania.

Caroline isn’t the only wild child in the Biden family.

The vice president’s daughter Ashley, 32, was arrested for pot possession in 1999 and a “friend” tried to hawk a video of her snorting cocaine at a house party in 2009.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »
Uncle Joe is making her life a living hell.
He is making ours that way as well!

:smokin:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »
Biden’s niece sports black eye in court
By Rebecca Rosenberg
NYPost (photo at link)
October 29, 2013 | 10:56am

Vice President Joe Biden’s wild-child niece sported a mysterious black eye when she rolled into Manhattan court Tuesday to face charges stemming from her September meltdown.

A conspicuous bruise under Caroline Biden’s left eye was clearly visible during the 26-year-old’s routine pre-trial hearing over charges of alleged resisting arrest, obstruction of governmental administration and harassment.

The younger Biden was arrested at her luxury rental apartment in Tribeca when she allegedly went crazy during a door-pounding, screaming confrontation with her roommate over unpaid rent.

Biden allegedly took a swing at a female cop who had responded to the disturbance, authorities said.

While most ragtag defendants in Criminal Court had fast meet and greets with their public defenders over misdemeanor charges, Biden showed up with three high-powered lawyers on her hip.

A judge set a schedule for both sides to file paperwork on the case, and ordered lawyers back to court on Dec. 17. Biden is not required to appear.

She and defense lawyers declined comment on the case and her mysterious shiner.

Biden covered her face with a tote bag as she was ushered out of court and into a Toyota Camry minivan waiting outside.

Court documents revealed Tuesday morning that Biden’s alleged run-in with cops continued all the way to the 1st Precinct station house.

Biden allegedly asked to use the bathroom and was let out of her holding cell. She didn’t use facilities, and  instead announced that she was going to to leave the station, prosecutors said.

That’s when Biden allegedly dusted off her best football juke moves.

“The defendant stated in substance to Officer [Nicholas] Martin that she needed to leave now, and while facing Officer Martin and still not handcuffed, the defendant attempted to get around Officer Martin by moving her body side to side,” according to a criminal complaint.

“I am informed that Officer Martin had to outstretch both of his arms horizontally so the defendant could not get around him and that the defendant stated in substance, `Don’t touch me,” and attempted to push away from Officer Martin.”

Biden allegedly went down kicking and screaming.

“ I am informed by Officer Martin that he was able to gain control of the defendant by holding her arm and that when he was walking her back to the holding cell, the defendant grabbed a door frame, and held onto cells, in an effort to prevent Officer Martin from bringing her back to the holding cell, an official function,” according to prosecutors.

She’s the daughter of Vice President Biden’s financier brother James Biden Sr.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:28 pm »
Friends say Caroline ­Biden is a “hot mess”...

I wonder if that is anything like a 'steaming pile'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:16:51 pm »
Addicts blame everything and everyone for their problem till they own up to being responsible they never will change. Joe Biden while a complete ass hole didn't cause her to do anything. Just look at Obama for an example but then he changes countries instead of himself with the help of all his commie friends because he alone couldn't change toilet paper his addictions wouldn't let him. He is just a puppet on a string and is easy to mold due to those same addictions of his. Our country is full of people with addictions and it shows we are in total free fall and nothing can stop it anymore.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »
Biden’s niece sports black eye in court
By Rebecca Rosenberg
NYPost (photo at link)
October 29, 2013 | 10:56am

Vice President Joe Biden’s wild-child niece sported a mysterious black eye when she rolled into Manhattan court Tuesday to face charges stemming from her September meltdown.

A conspicuous bruise under Caroline Biden’s left eye was clearly visible during the 26-year-old’s routine pre-trial hearing over charges of alleged resisting arrest, obstruction of governmental administration and harassment.

The younger Biden was arrested at her luxury rental apartment in Tribeca when she allegedly went crazy during a door-pounding, screaming confrontation with her roommate over unpaid rent.

Biden allegedly took a swing at a female cop who had responded to the disturbance, authorities said.

While most ragtag defendants in Criminal Court had fast meet and greets with their public defenders over misdemeanor charges, Biden showed up with three high-powered lawyers on her hip.

A judge set a schedule for both sides to file paperwork on the case, and ordered lawyers back to court on Dec. 17. Biden is not required to appear.

She and defense lawyers declined comment on the case and her mysterious shiner.

Biden covered her face with a tote bag as she was ushered out of court and into a Toyota Camry minivan waiting outside.

Court documents revealed Tuesday morning that Biden’s alleged run-in with cops continued all the way to the 1st Precinct station house.

Biden allegedly asked to use the bathroom and was let out of her holding cell. She didn’t use facilities, and  instead announced that she was going to to leave the station, prosecutors said.

That’s when Biden allegedly dusted off her best football juke moves.

“The defendant stated in substance to Officer [Nicholas] Martin that she needed to leave now, and while facing Officer Martin and still not handcuffed, the defendant attempted to get around Officer Martin by moving her body side to side,” according to a criminal complaint.

“I am informed that Officer Martin had to outstretch both of his arms horizontally so the defendant could not get around him and that the defendant stated in substance, `Don’t touch me,” and attempted to push away from Officer Martin.”

Biden allegedly went down kicking and screaming.

“ I am informed by Officer Martin that he was able to gain control of the defendant by holding her arm and that when he was walking her back to the holding cell, the defendant grabbed a door frame, and held onto cells, in an effort to prevent Officer Martin from bringing her back to the holding cell, an official function,” according to prosecutors.

She’s the daughter of Vice President Biden’s financier brother James Biden Sr.

Good grief! Maybe she is the type who parties then starts fights? Thus the shinner.

Offline Millee

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:57 pm »
Insanity clearly runs in the family.   :broc:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 09:26:17 pm »
Addicts blame everything and everyone for their problem till they own up to being responsible they never will change. Joe Biden while a complete ass hole didn't cause her to do anything. Just look at Obama for an example but then he changes countries instead of himself with the help of all his commie friends because he alone couldn't change toilet paper his addictions wouldn't let him. He is just a puppet on a string and is easy to mold due to those same addictions of his. Our country is full of people with addictions and it shows we are in total free fall and nothing can stop it anymore.

I disagree a bit.  The adults who could take back the remote control and take away the pudding are choosing not to.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:40:11 pm »
Don't you just love a good "do you know who I am??" story:
Pals say the pressure of being Vice President Joe Biden’s niece made her a “hot mess” – but Caroline Biden apparently had no trouble using her status to try and pull rank on cops, The Post has learned

I shouldn’t be handcuffed! You don’t know who you’re doing this to,” Caroline Biden barked at police, according to court documents.

Cops arrested Biden at her then luxury rental apartment in Tribeca Sept. 17 after she allegedly went berserk in a door-pounding, screaming confrontation with her roommate over unpaid rent.

After swinging at a female officer then slapping another, cops cuffed her and took her to the station house.

The unstable 26-year-old rambled for nearly two hours, snootily trying to get cops to make the connection between her name and that of her powerful uncle, court papers show.

My name can’t be on it,” Biden bossily demanded, referring to police paperwork. “I know my rights, I studied law.”

When cops tried to search the Georgetown University grad’s purse she snapped, “I have secret service stuff in there.”

Biden continually referenced her connection to her uncle, despite having complained to friends about how much she hated the pressure of being the VP’s niece, according to socialite and pal Paul Johnson Calderon.

She at one point asked to use the bathroom and when her cell door was opened she announced she was leaving, according to the criminal complaint. The prima donna, who wasn’t cuffed, tried to slide past an officer who blocked her.

“Don’t touch me,” she squealed, trying to push the cop out of the way. When the officer tried to deposit her back into the cell, she desperately clung to a doorframe to prevent it.

Some cops questioned whether the young woman’s erratic behavior and incessant gabbing might be caused by medication, a source added.

A friend of Biden’s previously told the Post she’d struggled with alcohol and pill addiction and even did a stint in rehab.

In a last ditch effort to escape police custody, Biden appealed to the next best thing to her big shot uncle. “I need to call my father,” she said, referring to her financier dad James Biden Sr.

She’s charged with obstruction of government administration, resisting arrest and harassment.

The blue-eyed Biden sported a mysterious black eye at her appearance Tuesday in Manhattan Criminal Court.

Offline evadR

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 12:44:37 pm »
Can we offer a trade?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 12:47:20 pm »
Notice Dunce Vader has been conspicuously absent during this healthcare debacle?  He would be such a wonderful addition to this three ring circus.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.