Author Topic: FLOTUS Looks Forward to 'Our Kids Begging Us to Buy Them Fruits and Vegetables Instead of Cookies'  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/30/Michelle-Obama-vegetables-fruits

FLOTUS Looks Forward to 'Our Kids Begging Us to Buy Them Fruits and Vegetables Instead of Cookies'

by Breitbart News 30 Oct 2013, 5:27 PM PDT

In a deal brokered by Michelle Obama between the Produce Marketing Association and the Partnership for a Healthier America, “Sesame Street” will now allow produce industry members to advertise for free on the program. Michelle’s “Let’s Move” campaign was a moving force behind the negotiation. Announcing the deal, the First Lady said:

Just imagine what will happen when we take our kids to the grocery store, and they see Elmo and Rosita and the other Sesame Street Muppets they love up and down the produce aisle. Imagine what it will be like to have our kids begging us to buy them fruits and vegetables instead of cookies, candy and chips.

She continued, “fruits and vegetables don’t just make us feel good, they taste good, too.” The announcement was followed by a ceremonial harvesting of the famed White House organic garden alongside Elmo and Rosita.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

I can imagine children begging for fruits and vegetables when they are the only options. With the way the economy is going, even fruits and vegetables will be hard to come by.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She continued, “fruits and vegetables don’t just make us feel good, they taste good, too.” The announcement was followed by a ceremonial harvesting of the famed White House organic garden alongside Elmo and Rosita.
Now wait just a moment.

If I recall correctly, that garden was ransacked by squirrels during the shutdown because SOMEONE couldn't motivate herself to get off her backside and tend to it. Perhaps that's why it was a "ceremonial" harvesting.

Oh, and try telling a kid that arugula tastes good. I dare you.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:24:33 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

I am sure a starving to death person would beg for anykind of food.

Online mountaineer

I am sure a starving to death person would beg for anykind of food.
We'll experience that first-hand soon enough, I suspect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It gets really annoying when she says something I can't disagree with!  :smokin:

Fruits and vegetables are fun and do taste good. We are, and always have been, mostly vegetarian, thanks to a combination of not a whole lot of money for a lot of years and my wife's upbringing and personal beliefs. Kids always got the first dibs on any meat or fish when they were growing up, since a balanced diet is vital for growth. Now the grandkids do the same, though they actively look forward to the veg dishes.

Odd kids, really!  :shrug:

Now as to dictating what people eat - just no. OK? If you really want to help people eat more fruits and vegetables, Michelle, do something useful. Encourage farmers to diversify their crops. Kill the ethanol/corn subsidy that makes growing huge fields of a crop not for human consumption so economically appealing. Increase policing in low income (AKA food desert) areas so that people are not afraid to open a store in that area to sell real food, not processed crap from behind bulletproof glass.
Support urban regeneration and the re purposing of abandoned lots to communal gardens.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

We'll experience that first-hand soon enough, I suspect.
Yup! along with painful death because you know they won't even give the elderly pain meds when they cut them off.