Author Topic: Boy, 12, Finds Razor Blade in Halloween Candy  (Read 824 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Boy, 12, Finds Razor Blade in Halloween Candy
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:31:46 pm »
A family in Pennsylvania was shocked after their 12-year-old son found a razor blade in a bag of candy while trick-or-treating last weekend

This story does not pass the smell test. He's 12 and is still trick or treating? And he was trick or treating last weekend? Do people in Scottsdale, PA, do things differently than other areas of the country? Is it, like, a week long event there?

Ok, coulda happened but I am skeptical.

video report: http://www.charter.net/tv/3/player/vendor/Newsy/player/fiveminute/asset/newsy-boy_12_finds_razor_blade_in_halloween_ca-gnrc/source/Clips
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Boy, 12, Finds Razor Blade in Halloween Candy
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:43:09 pm »
Smells like a bid for  attention.

Offline musiclady

Re: Boy, 12, Finds Razor Blade in Halloween Candy
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:53 pm »
A family in Pennsylvania was shocked after their 12-year-old son found a razor blade in a bag of candy while trick-or-treating last weekend

This story does not pass the smell test. He's 12 and is still trick or treating? And he was trick or treating last weekend? Do people in Scottsdale, PA, do things differently than other areas of the country? Is it, like, a week long event there?

Ok, coulda happened but I am skeptical.

video report: http://www.charter.net/tv/3/player/vendor/Newsy/player/fiveminute/asset/newsy-boy_12_finds_razor_blade_in_halloween_ca-gnrc/source/Clips

In our neighborhood the date for trick or treating varies.  It's always on the Thursday nearest Halloween, so this year it's actually on the 31st.

I don't think the date of the trick or treating is suspect, but I don't know about the rest of the story.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.