Author Topic: McCain: We'll Try to Pass Immigration Changes After GOP Primaries  (Read 1590 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/29/McCain-We-ll-Try-to-Pass-Comprehensive-Immigration-Reform-Next-Year-After-GOP-Primaries

by Tony Lee 29 Oct 2013, 1:37 PM PDT

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) gave the clearest indication that proponents of comprehensive immigration reform may make their final--and strongest--push to get legislation passed next year after House Republicans make it through their primaries.

“I think conventional wisdom is that time is not on our side,” McCain told reporters on Monday after an event in Chicago. “But there are a number of members of Congress who have primaries and when those primaries are done, they may be more inclined to address the issue of comprehensive immigration reform.”

President Barack Obama has urged Congress to pass immigration reform legislation this year. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) is reportedly going to bring legislation to the floor within the next month and other House Republican leaders have indicated support for piecemeal pieces of legislation that can make it to conference with the Senate, where proponents and opponents of immigration reform had said a pathway to citizenship will prevail.

Though the Congressional Budget Office has determined the Senate's immigration bill would lower the wages of working class Americans, House Republicans are reportedly working on piecemeal pieces of legislation to eventually get to conference with the Senate. McCain also said on Monday that the House should just "pass something" to get to conference with the Senate. House Republicans like Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) are reportedly working on legislation that would grant a pathway to citizenship to all of the country's illegal immigrants.

McCain's comments indicate even if the current push to enact comprehensive immigration reform fails, the real fight may be in the spring and summer of next year, when Obama could use immigration as a midterm election issue and Republican lawmakers will not be worried about primaries in the 2014 election cycle.

In 2010, McCain made a right turn on immigration, infamously promising to "complete the danged fence" as he was fighting for his political life to win re-election in Arizona. Shortly after he got elected to serve another term, McCain quickly lurched back to the left, becoming a champion for comprehensive immigration reform and calling Tea Partiers whose support he needed in 2010 "hobbits" and "wacko birds." 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: McCain: We'll Try to Pass Immigration Changes After GOP Primaries
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:12:32 am »
and he thinks this will help his "people" get elected?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:24:50 am »
and he thinks this will help his "people" get elected?

McCain is 178 years old. He no longer knows what he is saying and does not care. I hope the good people of Arizona, which I lived in Phoenix for many years, elect him again, and again, and again, until he is just dust.

Is anyone going to tell me that of all the people in Phoenix. Of all the national and international colleges there (Thunderbird), this old relic from two centuries ago is the best person Arizona can offer? Give me a break.

It will just prove what fools and lemmings they are. lol
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline collins

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:36:04 am »
Too bad McCain won't have a primary. I was just reading some other thread here, where someone was saying Ted Cruz had hurt the GOP. Not nearly as much as John McCain and his zatfig daughter.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:54:48 am »

McCain is 178 years old. He no longer knows what he is saying and does not care. I hope the good people of Arizona, which I lived in Phoenix for many years, elect him again, and again, and again, until he is just dust.

Is anyone going to tell me that of all the people in Phoenix. Of all the national and international colleges there (Thunderbird), this old relic from two centuries ago is the best person Arizona can offer? Give me a break.

It will just prove what fools and lemmings they are. lol

I live in Arizona. Didn't want him.  I voted for JD Hayworth.  McCain had a ringer in the race the the state GOP chairman in his back pocket.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 05:09:48 am »
Not if they pass it this year.  Pelosi has 2 GOP congressmen.  More are coming.  Unless the American people, who are clearly angry with the GOP Establishment, stand up and be heard.  If they rise up in support of rock ribbed conservatives heralding real conservative principles like liberty and freedom by the millions...If they call their representatives and tell them "WE ARE WATCHING"...If they demand the representatives obey the will of the people then immigration reform is doomed. 

And the GOP will listen.  I know this because it happened during the shutdown.  The American people called, and emailed their representatives, and said "stop the shutdown." and they did.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:40:59 am »

That's what they did with Robert Byrd in West Virginia.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 08:15:06 pm »
That's what they did with Robert Byrd in West Virginia.

These old farts had no life other than th power they get from their position... They don't care about any of us.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »
I met jon kyl, shook hands with him. Good guy.

Don't think I would want to meet McPain. If he went into one of his patented, "How dare you question Me! or his famous "sit down, shut up, and do what you are told", speech.

I would prolly get arrested.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 08:58:11 pm »
Robert Byrd, Grand Dragon of the KKK, beloved by Black people everywhere.

(does anyone know how people rise up in the KKK? [the secret the Democrats don't want you to know]

'''''''''''''

'''''''''''''

A Grand Dragon does not get to be a Grand Dragon by hanging girl scout cookies.

All the Black people voted for him.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

All the liberals and all the Blacks voted for him. How? Why? What the hell is going on? Are all of our election fixed? Is everyone insane?

I'll tell you what man, I'm betting every Democrat will win every election. I hate it, but my money, based on cheating and inside deals, it is with the money. Dems lie chea and steal, they are criminals with power and money. They can make anything happen.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 10:25:11 pm »
I met jon kyl, shook hands with him. Good guy.

Don't think I would want to meet McPain. If he went into one of his patented, "How dare you question Me! or his famous "sit down, shut up, and do what you are told", speech.

I would prolly get arrested.

Jon Kyl was a very good guy. I was very sorry to see him leave the senate as he normally neutered the vote McCain makes in the senate and Flake is McCain's shadow mini-me.  McCain never responds to his constituents... yet twice I received a personal call back from Kyl's office after I sent them an email.