Author Topic: Obama Cancels 'You Can Keep Your Plan' Promise: 'Just Shop Around'  (Read 1720 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/30/Obama-Discards-You-Can-Keep-Your-Plan-Promise

by Joel B. Pollak 30 Oct 2013, 1:42 PM PDT

In a speech at Boston's Faneuil Hall on Wednesday afternoon, President Barack Obama discarded his now-infamous broken promise: "If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance." Instead, he offered a new promise: "You will be getting a better deal," the president told health insurance consumers. He blamed insurance companies, not Obamacare, for the canceled policies.

Now, if you had one of these substandard plans before the Affordable Care Act became law, and you really like that plan, you were able to keep it. That's what I said when I was running for office. That was part of the promise we made. But ever since the law was passed, if insurers decided to downgrade or cancel the substandard plans, what we said under the law is that you have got to replace them with quality, comprehensive coverage because that, too, was a central premise of the Affordable Care Act from the very beginning...

So if you're getting one of these letters [canceling your insurance policy], just shop around in the new marketplace. That's what it's for...

For the fewer than 5% of Americans who buy insurance on your own, you will be getting a better deal. So anyone peddling the motion that insurers are canceling people's plan without mentioning that almost all the insurers are encouraging people to join better plans with the same carrier and stronger benefits and stronger protections, while others will be able to get better plans with new carriers through the marketplace, and then many will get new help to pay for these better plans and make them actually cheaper--if you leave that stuff out, you're being grossly misleading, to say the least.

Ignoring evidence that the "better deal" is often far more expensive than existing plans, the president updated his promise without apologizing for misleading voters for years about the consequences of Obamacare. He also ignored the fact that companies were compelled by the law to change their plans.

Obama, repeating a common Democrat talking point, also cited Medicare Part D to claim that Democrats had helped Republicans improve that policy, even though they had opposed it. However, as Rep. Renee Ellmers pointed out in Congress earlier Wednesday, Medicare Part D is mandatory--unlike Obamacare.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Obama Cancels 'You Can Keep Your Plan' Promise: 'Just Shop Around'
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:52:22 pm »
Brace yourselves: I hate to say this but Obama is either misinformed as to what he said earlier (he was misquoted) (about a dozen times) OR he's a lying SOB. It's kinda hard to say.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:54:25 pm »
Jonah Goldberg just said blaming the insurance companies is like Bloomberg blaming the restaurants for complying with his law.

Juan is protecting Obama. It must be embarrassing to defend Obama on a Fox station. Baier is too nice to him. So is Krauthammer.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:00:15 pm »
Jonah Goldberg just said blaming the insurance companies is like Bloomberg blaming the restaurants for complying with his law.

Juan is protecting Obama. It must be embarrassing to defend Obama on a Fox station. Baier is too nice to him. So is Krauthammer.

Did you see the look on their faces when he launched into his very stupid tirade?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »
I don't know how you guys stand to watch that stuff, but I sure enjoy reading about it here.  :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »
I don't know how you guys stand to watch that stuff, but I sure enjoy reading about it here.  :laugh:

I normally switch over to The Blaze in this time slot, but was busy so left it on Fox for white noise then I cringed when I saw Juan was on today, but Jonah and Charles were so stunned by Juan it was actually worth watching.

BTW Juan didn't even know what day it is - he said today is the 28th.  Charles actually told him today is the 30th so you are not only wrong you're two days late  :silly: :silly:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:08:26 pm »

It wore me out reading and posting tweets. I took a nap, and can watch maybe a half hour at a time. I do a lot of channel surfing in the evenings, or I would go bonkers. Rap is a walking political machine. I could never match her political acumen.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 11:11:09 pm »
It wore me out reading and posting tweets. I took a nap, and can watch maybe a half hour at a time. I do a lot of channel surfing in the evenings, or I would go bonkers. Rap is a walking political machine. I could never match her political acumen.

~LOL~ I'm a lightweight compared to Massadjv or Bigun...  I love reading their posts because both of them have been involved in what really goes on.  My biggest accomplishment was taking on the Bullet Train in the late 70's and helping get the Irvine City Council to fight it at the next level... where it eventually did get stopped.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:27 pm »

Did you see the look on Brett's face at the end of that segment?

Something tells me that Juan may be running out of string with him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:13 pm »
Did you see the look on Brett's face at the end of that segment?

Something tells me that Juan may be running out of string with him!

When Juan launched into his "tirade" the look on Bret's face was priceless.. never have I seen Bret's jaw drop the way it did... and then their thingy at the bottom of the screen went down, down, down and Bret commented that their Bing tracker had taken a decided turn downward (an understatement if ever there was one).

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 11:37:15 pm »
Juan is accustomed to PBS where he could say anything stupid. I bet Fox regrets hiring him, because he has no political skills whatsoever.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 11:58:36 pm »
Juan is accustomed to PBS where he could say anything stupid. I bet Fox regrets hiring him, because he has no political skills whatsoever.

For some reason when he got fired from NPR Ailes took pitty on him and actually gave him a contract for something like $2 million dollars........  go figure...... :shrug:  That said the new black "radio host" guy they are using on Fox is as bad or worse than Juan.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:59:22 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:35:18 am »
Imagine any other President in the last 50 years making a speech like this one.

It would not have happened, and if it did the press would have crucified him. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 12:36:24 am »

Imagine Bush...  it would be painful to turn on the news.

Offline happyg

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 12:49:45 am »

We have very immature journalists, and even more immature leaders. Almost none of them have a clue.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:52:25 am by happyg »