Author Topic: Mystery over 'distressing' evidence against boy, 14, 'who stabbed teacher to death' made secret by judge  (Read 1363 times)

Offline flowers

Now a number of media organizations are launching a legal challenge to overturn Salem District Court Judge Michael Lauranzano’s order hiding details of a potentially explosive search warrant, which could finally shed some light on Chism’s motive.

Investigators searched Chism’s family home in Danvers – a couple of miles away from the murder scene – but their findings have been kept secret.

The reasons why the warrant was requested in the first place have also been banned, along with the actual motion from the Essex County District Attorney’s office requesting the court order.

Certain other details of the case have also been sealed - including an affidavit outlining the facts of the investigation - all of which would normally be available to the public, particularly as Chism has been charged as an adult.

When the District Attorney’s office explained the decision it claimed one of the reasons was to save 24-year-old Ritzer’s distraught family from even more upset.

It issued a statement saying: 'We requested the impoundment because the search warrant affidavit and the motion to impound the affidavit contain sensitive information that may be prejudicial to the defendant and jeopardize his right to a fair trial; witness names who have yet to appear before the Grand Jury and information that may contribute to the increased psychological and emotional distress of the victim’s family.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480264/Mystery-anger-evidence-boy-14-stabbed-teacher-death-secret-judge.html

I am surprised how much the media is all over this one. Yet the 11 year old who shot his teacher....****crickets****

Offline flowers

I have a gruesome question...if he killed her in the bathroom with the box cutter then put her body in a recycle bin....wouldn't there have been a huge amout of blood not only in the bathroom but a trail of it to the bin? 

Offline GourmetDan

Would probably expose several politically-connected individuals as being involved in something that they don't want exposed...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

Would probably expose several politically-connected individuals as being involved in something that they don't want exposed...

Devall Patrick?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I have a gruesome question...if he killed her in the bathroom with the box cutter then put her body in a recycle bin....wouldn't there have been a huge amout of blood not only in the bathroom but a trail of it to the bin?

Depends how careful he was. Cut her throat and let her bleed out over the toilet bowl, there would be minimal blood to clean up and most of it would be dealt with with a few bits of tissue and a flush.

It seems - from the story - that the bin was located in the bathroom.

Sorry - it is a horrific thing, but sometimes you have to think how to do it most effectively.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

Devall Patrick?

It really doesn't matter who it is.  Just the fact that the legal-system is as corrupt as the political-system and has been co-opted by truly evil people who do truly evil things that they don't want exposed to the light of day.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:21:10 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

Depends how careful he was. Cut her throat and let her bleed out over the toilet bowl, there would be minimal blood to clean up and most of it would be dealt with with a few bits of tissue and a flush.

It seems - from the story - that the bin was located in the bathroom.

Sorry - it is a horrific thing, but sometimes you have to think how to do it most effectively.
Thanks I read that as the bin was in the woods where they found the body. Thanks that answers my question.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thanks I read that as the bin was in the woods where they found the body. Thanks that answers my question.

My pleasure (well - sort of)

A recycling bin in the woods makes no sense. One in the bathroom, used to transport a leaking body, does.

Now - I need go have a serious shower for even thinking about this.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

My pleasure (well - sort of)

A recycling bin in the woods makes no sense. One in the bathroom, used to transport a leaking body, does.

Now - I need go have a serious shower for even thinking about this.
I know, I am glad somebody took the time to answer my question.