Author Topic: 'Life was better when I lived under Qaddafi'  (Read 866 times)

Offline flowers

'Life was better when I lived under Qaddafi'
« on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:32 pm »
http://www.thelocal.it/20131024/life-was-better-when-i-lived-under-qaddafi

A towering squat on the outskirts of Rome with an ever swelling population of hundreds of refugees has become the squalid emblem of a failing system that is haunting this week's EU summit.

Residents of the seven-floor block - a former university building dubbed "Salaam Palace" - come from war-torn, poverty-stricken corners of Africa: Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia and Sudan.

"We were only looking for peace," said Mahad, 27, who fled from Somalia to Italy seven years ago. He is part of a group of squatters who try to keep the peace among the desperate souls who long to be able to move to other parts of Europe.

"Living here is no home. There are problems with alcohol, fights. Some here have gone mad," he said.

Fiore, a 29-year-old Eritrean woman with a son 16 months old, described it as "a nightmare from which you can't shake free."

Refugees rustle up plates of African staples in their rooms, where
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:08:18 pm by flowers »

Offline GourmetDan

Re: 'Life was better when I lived under Qaddafi'
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:37:41 pm »

Yeah but Qaddafi wasn't going for the international bankster scheme.  They have one now...

β€œTo learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.” ― Voltaire

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

Re: 'Life was better when I lived under Qaddafi'
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:44:10 pm »
Some Russians miss Stalin
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.