Author Topic: Fox News must be abandoned by conservatives for 2016  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Politics4us

Fox News must be abandoned by conservatives for 2016
« on: October 30, 2013, 03:05:45 pm »
In order for a conservative to win in the Republican presidential primary in 2016 or some of the other primaries, Fox News must be abandoned by conservatives. I don't see how Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, or some other moderate won't win if we don't abandon it. McCain won in 2008 and Romney won in 2012, when conservatives didn't want them to win. Fox News will be pushing the moderate candidate. We have already seen them attack Ted Cruz, and they've been attacking the Tea Party for awhile. If you combine the big Republican donors plus Fox News and the Wall St. Journal etc. it will lead to a moderate winning again. They will say, "Ted Cruz can't be Hillary Clinton."

Offline sinkspur

Re: Fox News must be abandoned by conservatives for 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:16:20 pm »
You go right ahead.  FOXNEWS is the best source of news, information, and opinion on the air.

VOTERS choose the nominee.  You are implying that Republican voters are stupid. 

And, it is true:  The Ted Cruz of today would get massacred by Hillary Clinton in a national election.  When he learns how to work with others he might improve his prospects.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 03:33:55 pm »
No, I'm not implying that the voters are stupid. I am saying that there are some voters who are conservative, however they don't follow politics closely enough to know that Fox News is no longer a conservative network, therefore they'll believe that "only Romney can beat Obama," or "only Christie or Bush can beat Hillary." Fox News spread lies about the Tea Party shouting racial epithets about Democrats marching in the Obamacare parade, and repeated gossip about Herman Cain. The Bush/Rove Republican establishment has lost enough elections for us. Ted Cruz would defeat Hillary, since the conservative base would show up to the polls.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:46:08 pm by Politics4us »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:35:50 pm »
Just curious--which news outlet(s) do you suggest conservatives turn to?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:42:24 pm »
Just curious--which news outlet(s) do you suggest conservatives turn to?

I don't watch any on tv. I haven't watched Fox News since 2007.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 03:56:31 pm »
No, I'm not implying that the voters are stupid. I am saying that there are some voters who are conservative, however they don't follow politics closely enough to know that Fox News is no longer a conservative network, therefore they'll believe that "only Romney can beat Obama," or "only Christie or Bush can beat Hillary." Fox News spread lies about the Tea Party shouting racial epithets about Democrats marching in the Obamacare parade, and repeated gossip about Herman Cain. The Bush/Rove Republican establishment has long enough elections for us. Ted Cruz would defeat Hillary, since the conservative base would show up to the polls.

FOXNEWS spread the "gossip" about Herman Cain because it was in the news!!!  And, it appears it was true.  Cain dropped out after repeated complaints from women.

You can believe what you want, but Ted Cruz is popular only among Tea Party activists.  He'd have trouble getting the GOP nomination, especially if he's opposed by someone like Rand Paul.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 03:57:37 pm »

Then how the hell are you able to comment on its content? 

You get your facts from the web. 

So, in truth, you don't really know what you're talking about.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 04:29:22 pm »
Where then, pray tell, do you get your brilliant political insights?

Question: What do you think it means, when several polls yield similar results?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 04:33:16 pm »
No, I'm not implying that the voters are stupid. I am saying that there are some voters who are conservative, however they don't follow politics closely enough to know that Fox News is no longer a conservative network, therefore they'll believe that "only Romney can beat Obama," or "only Christie or Bush can beat Hillary." Fox News spread lies about the Tea Party shouting racial epithets about Democrats marching in the Obamacare parade, and repeated gossip about Herman Cain. The Bush/Rove Republican establishment has long enough elections for us. Ted Cruz would defeat Hillary, since the conservative base would show up to the polls.

Who gives a rat's a$$ if FOX is Conservative or moderate?

It's an alternative to the "Closet Commies".....NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC, etc..  And all their [news] viewers added up doesn't equal what FOX totals.

Whether you realize it or not, "Democrat vs Republican"....that ship has sailed.  It's now Closet Commies vs Constitutionalists and Free Market Capitalists.

A simple choice even a ignorant twenty-something liberal should be able to make.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »
FOX is, and has been so much better than the other major news networks in terms of its fairness to conservatives and Republicans, that the point is inarguable.

And given FOX's large footprint among news media viewers, it would be folly for conservatives to ignore or abandon it. Nowhere else in the mainstream media will they have any hope of getting their message out, unfiltered by liberal bias.

Now all they need is to compose a message worth heeding. With apologies to the late Marshall McLuhan ("the media is the message"), content ultimately does matter more than its container.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 04:50:25 pm »

You didn't answer my question.  I didn't ask you if you watched TV.   Here's the question I DID ask you, that I want your answer to:

"Just curious--which news outlet(s) do you suggest conservatives turn to?"

Well?   :shrug:

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 04:52:41 pm »
FOXNEWS spread the "gossip" about Herman Cain because it was in the news!!!  And, it appears it was true.  Cain dropped out after repeated complaints from women.

You can believe what you want, but Ted Cruz is popular only among Tea Party activists.  He'd have trouble getting the GOP nomination, especially if he's opposed by someone like Rand Paul.

And who put it in the news? The left wing media put it in the news. Fox News even had Karl Rove say, "Herman Cain's accuser now has credibility with Gloria Alred representing her." Just because he dropped out doesn't mean it was true. Like I said "the conservative" network was attacking him, and he was no longer receiving funding, so he had to drop out. Cruz is more liked than Rand Paul.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 04:53:43 pm »
Then how the hell are you able to comment on its content? 

You get your facts from the web. 

So, in truth, you don't really know what you're talking about.

Have you ever heard of Youtube, Breitbart, Rightscoop, Free Republic etc which post video clips?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 04:54:41 pm »
Where then, pray tell, do you get your brilliant political insights?

Question: What do you think it means, when several polls yield similar results?

Polls showed that Romney was winning right before the election.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 04:55:52 pm »

Whether you realize it or not, "Democrat vs Republican"....that ship has sailed.  It's now Closet Commies vs Constitutionalists and Free Market Capitalists.

Fox News are the ones pusing Republicans, and are criticizing the Tea Party.

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 04:56:31 pm »
Nice side-step of t_'s question:

"Where then, pray tell, do you get your brilliant political insights?"

Well?   :whistle:

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 04:57:27 pm »
You didn't answer my question.  I didn't ask you if you watched TV.   Here's the question I DID ask you, that I want your answer to:

"Just curious--which news outlet(s) do you suggest conservatives turn to?"

Well?   :shrug:

I read from different news sources, WND, talk radio, Drudge, some writers from National Review like Andrew Macarthy.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:41 pm »
I read from different news sources, WND, talk radio, Drudge, some writers from National Review like Andrew Macarthy.

Drudge is a very broad based source, and WND is really quite out there.   Since you haven't watched any TV in 6 years, your objections to Fox News (as compared to WND) are what again? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 05:15:38 pm »

You haven't won any converts, it appears. 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »
You haven't won any converts, it appears.
The Purety Uber Alles sect increasingly looks mostly inward.

By golly, if we can't win general elections, we can at least claim victory in the primary.

To win beyond primaries requires political skills and persuasion.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 06:07:22 pm »
With Orin Hatch, Mitch McConnell, and John Cornyn pledging to donors that they're going to get rid of the Tea Party, and groups like Americans for Prosperity, I have lots of converts.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »
Drudge is a very broad based source, and WND is really quite out there.   Since you haven't watched any TV in 6 years, your objections to Fox News (as compared to WND) are what again?

One of my objections to Fox is that it plays a powerful role in electing moderates during the primary.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »
McCarthy's great, but he's an opinion guy, like they all are at National Review.

That being said, you're saying we should pretty much stick to WND and Drudge for our news?

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 06:14:04 pm »
One of my objections to Fox is that it plays a powerful role in electing moderates during the primary.
Are you interested in defeating democrats, or simply obsessed with GOP purety?

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 06:17:42 pm »
GOP "purety"??  What is that?   Is that like a party full of 100% mushy moderates?