Author Topic: Texas GOP Poll: ‘Tea Party’ challenger beats Cornyn 46% to 33%  (Read 2202 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Texas GOP Poll: ‘Tea Party’ challenger beats Cornyn 46% to 33%

By: Neil W. McCabe   
10/28/2013 11:37 PM

A generic “Tea Party” candidate beats Sen. John Cornyn III  (R.-Texas) in a Oct. 26 Human Events/Gravis poll of Republican voters in Texas 46 percent to 33 percent for the GOP’s number two senator.

The poll clearly shows Cornyn is trouble, especially when you see that in the poll Sen. R. Edward Cruz (R.-Texas) has a job approval rating of 73 percent among Republicans and Cornyn 46 percent, said the pollster Doug Kaplan, who founded Gravis Marketing in 2010 and whose polls were included in the Real Clear Politics basket of polls during the 2012 campaign.

The Republican primary is March 4. The day for candidates to file for the primary is Nov. 9 with a Dec. 9 filing deadline.

In head-to-head questions the only named individual who beat Cornyn was former Republican congressman Ronald D. Paul, who beat Cornyn 44 percent to 34 percent, but that could be a function of name recognition, Kaplan said.

“From the results of this poll, a lesser-known candidate could close the gap by embracing the Tea Party label,” he said.

The other named head-to-head results against Cornyn were: Rep. Stephen E. Stockman (R-Texas) 15 percent v. Cornyn,, Rep. Louis B. Gohmert Jr., (R.-Texas) 20 percent v. Cornyn 45 percent and Rafael Cruz, father of the Texas senator: 33 percent v. Cornyn 39 percent

Kaplan said another sign that Cornyn is vulnerable is the large numbers of respondents, who said they were undecided, those typically swing against an incumbent.

When all four men were polled against each other, Rafael Cruz came out on top with 41 percent. The others followed with Cornyn 25 percent, Paul 18 percent and Stockman with 3 percent and 13 percent unsure.

More at link!

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/10/28/texas-gop-poll-tea-party-candidate-beats-cornyn-46-to-33/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Texas GOP Poll: ‘Tea Party’ challenger beats Cornyn 46% to 33%
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:38:21 pm »
All you Ted Cruz haters read and weep!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:38:48 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:15:36 pm »
Rafael Cruz is an admirable man, without a doubt. Wouldn't want him to run though - he's far more effective doing what he is at the moment. Getting the word out, assisting his son and switching on voters to the Tea Party message.

Besides - imagine the confusion with two Cruz's in the senate, and the junior one being the senior!  :laugh:

As to primarying Sen. Cornyn? Two questions arise.

Can he carry his district? If his district is solidly and overwhelmingly republican, a primary challenge might be a good idea. I don't know much about him, to be honest, just the things I pick up here and there, but he doesn't seem terribly conservative. If we can replace him with someone more conservative without losing the seat - go for it!

How senior is he on the various senate committees? That is where the real power struggle is. Better to have a centerist Republican chairing an influential committee than a Democrat. Better still a conservative, of course, but his replacement, should he be ousted in the primary, would be starting at the bottom of the heap.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 02:30:04 pm »
Rafael Cruz is an admirable man, without a doubt. Wouldn't want him to run though - he's far more effective doing what he is at the moment. Getting the word out, assisting his son and switching on voters to the Tea Party message.

Besides - imagine the confusion with two Cruz's in the senate, and the junior one being the senior!  :laugh:

Can he carry his district? If his district is solidly and overwhelmingly republican, a primary challenge might be a good idea. I don't know much about him, to be honest, just the things I pick up here and there, but he doesn't seem terribly conservative. If we can replace him with someone more conservative without losing the seat - go for it!

How senior is he on the various senate committees? That is where the real power struggle is. Better to have a centerist Republican chairing an influential committee than a Democrat. Better still a conservative, of course, but his replacement, should he be ousted in the primary, would be starting at the bottom of the heap.

Senator Cornyn's district is the entire state of Texas and  that's about as republican as one can get!

I live in Texas and can tell you that Texans are sick to death of people who say what ever needs to be said in order to get elected and then do whatever the hell they please afterwards!  Cornyn is eminently beatable in a primary but if he gets by that he will remain in office. Texas will NOT elect a democrat period!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 04:33:03 pm »
Senator Cornyn's district is the entire state of Texas and  that's about as republican as one can get!

I live in Texas and can tell you that Texans are sick to death of people who say what ever needs to be said in order to get elected and then do whatever the hell they please afterwards!  Cornyn is eminently beatable in a primary but if he gets by that he will remain in office. Texas will NOT elect a democrat period!

You know just how hard you made me smile?

THAT is the Texas I know.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 08:11:00 pm »

Not just Texans.  I read dome of the latest Mike Leew stuff past some Utah friends... businessmen in Utah.  They lime Lee and are sick of Hatch.  One pointed out when Hatch took office 36 years ago the deficit was 1 trillion, today it's 17 trillion... He asked what exactly has he done to stop this massive growth.  I would have to ask the same of people like Cornyn, McConnell, McCain, Graham....etc.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 08:35:08 pm »
Not just Texans.  I read dome of the latest Mike Leew stuff past some Utah friends... businessmen in Utah.  They lime Lee and are sick of Hatch.  One pointed out when Hatch took office 36 years ago the deficit was 1 trillion, today it's 17 trillion... He asked what exactly has he done to stop this massive growth.  I would have to ask the same of people like Cornyn, McConnell, McCain, Graham....etc.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 09:35:35 pm »
All you Ted Cruz haters read and weep!

Did you read it?  A "generic" Republican beats Cornyn, but, when a Republican is actually named, Cornyn wins.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 09:56:17 pm »
Oh, whew----THAT'S  a relief.   :silly:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »
Oh, whew----THAT'S  a relief.   :silly:

Rafael Cruz?  Now that RIGHT there is funny.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 10:11:32 pm »
I intimidate him so he has me on "ignore". So therefore could someone else ask him, "Why?"

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 11:05:00 pm »

Why?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:47 am »

Can he carry his district? If his district is solidly and overwhelmingly republican, a primary challenge might be a good idea. I don't know much about him, to be honest, just the things I pick up here and there, but he doesn't seem terribly conservative.

He voted against Obamacare, something Rafael Cruz and his son did not do.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/most-conservative-members-of-congress-20110224
tied for first place with Jim DeMint

http://conservative.org/news/acu-announces-2012-ratings-of-congress/
The winner of the “ACU Conservative” award – given to those members who scored 80 percent or higher

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/15/AR2005091501245_pf.html
Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.), a stalwart supporter of Roberts, skipped most of the afternoon session. Instead, this distinguished committee member distributed laminated cards labeled "Crying Wolf Bingo" with words such as "Ideologue!" "Partisan!" "Far Right!" "Zealot!" "Extremist!" An accompanying news release chronicled "the sad history of attacks against previous nominees."

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/John_Cornyn.htm
Taxes

Make Bush tax cuts permanent, kill death tax. (Jun 2002)
    Voted NO on increasing tax rate for people earning over $1 million. (Mar 2008)
    Voted YES on allowing AMT reduction without budget offset. (Mar 2008)
    Voted YES on raising the Death Tax exemption to $5M from $1M. (Feb 2008)
    Voted YES on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax. (Mar 2007)
    Voted YES on raising estate tax exemption to $5 million. (Mar 2007)
    Voted YES on supporting permanence of estate tax cuts. (Aug 2006)
    Voted YES on permanently repealing the `death tax`. (Jun 2006)
    Voted NO on $47B for military by repealing capital gains tax cut. (Feb 2006)
    Voted YES on retaining reduced taxes on capital gains & dividends. (Feb 2006)
    Voted YES on extending the tax cuts on capital gains and dividends. (Nov 2005)
    Voted YES on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years. (May 2003)
    Rated 79% by NTU, indicating a "Taxpayer's Friend" on tax votes. (Dec 2003)
    Rated 0% by the CTJ, indicating opposition to progressive taxation. (Dec 2006)
    Replace income tax & employment tax with FairTax. (Jan 2009)
    Taxpayer Protection Pledge: no new taxes. (Aug 2010)
    Supports the Taxpayer Protection Pledge. (Jan 2012)
    Keep reduction of capital gains tax. (Mar 2009)

Abortion

Voted YES on restricting UN funding for population control policies. (Mar 2009)
    Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
    Voted YES on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
    Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
    Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
    Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
    Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
    Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
    Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
    Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
    Rated 100% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-life stance. (Dec 2006)
    Prohibit transporting minors across state lines for abortion. (Jan 2008)
    Prohibit federal funding for abortion. (May 2011)

2nd Ammendment

Voted NO on banning high-capacity magazines of over 10 bullets. (Apr 2013)
    Voted YES on allowing firearms in checked baggage on Amtrak trains. (Apr 2009)
    Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
    Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
    Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
    Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

Those are the ones that are important to me.  Feel free to check the whole thing.  Or do your own search, but never, ever, assume a Senator is a RINO because you heard it here.  When you check it out drop me a line and let me know if I'm wrong.  I'd love to here from anyone who wants to explain why Cornyn needs to go besides the argument that Cruz is from TX and the GOP could do much better.  I will listen to that argument when Cruz wins a second term.  Congrats on Prince George's christening.  I knew he could do it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:56:39 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 07:54:35 am »
Did you read it?  A "generic" Republican beats Cornyn, but, when a Republican is actually named, Cornyn wins.

And when the Republican challenger's name is Cruz they don't win?  I read Sen Ted Cruz is the most popular Senator in history.  Yet the loins that birthed him can't rub out a hated RINO like Cornyn?  Somehow the RNC must be behind this.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 08:16:43 am »
Thank you Once-Ler!

Can't promise to search too soon, looking up the language of flowers at the moment ( I know - odd). But yes, I will do a search at earliest convenience.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 01:11:19 pm »
And when the Republican challenger's name is Cruz they don't win?  I read Sen Ted Cruz is the most popular Senator in history.  Yet the loins that birthed him can't rub out a hated RINO like Cornyn?  Somehow the RNC must be behind this.

Perhaps! Perhaps not! But either way the challenger will have won something! He will have made the winner MORE conservative than he was previously!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 04:04:50 pm »

If this guy gets in it's curtains for Cornyn!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/31/sen-david-barton-the-popular-christian-historian-is-apparently-considering-it/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 05:02:31 pm »
If this guy gets in it's curtains for Cornyn!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/31/sen-david-barton-the-popular-christian-historian-is-apparently-considering-it/

Not likely.  He doesn't even want to run.  He's being dragged into it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 08:38:03 pm »
Cornyn was elected to the senate in 2002

the national debt on 09/30/2002    6,228,235,965,597.16       

Today it is over 17 trillion.  An increase in 11 years of 11 trillion dollars.  What - exactly - has Cornyn done to stop this growth in the national debt?????? 

Yes, I know what he claims on his website..... but talk is cheap his votes are another story:

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jwithrow/senator-john-cornyns-top-ten-bad-votes

1. Cornyn Voted to Let Harry Reid Fund ObamaCare

(2013, RCV 206) Senator John Cornyn of Texas voted to end debate and allow Senate Democrats to re-insert funding for ObamaCare into the Continuing Resolution to fund the federal government. Although Cornyn did vote against the final bill, he and all Republicans knew that voting for cloture to end debate would allow Senator Harry Reid to fund ObamaCare by a party-line vote, and thus a vote for cloture was a de facto vote to fund ObamaCare.

2. Cornyn Voted for the Wall Street Bailout (T.A.R.P.)

(2008, RCV 213) Senator Cornyn voted for the $700 billion bailout of Wall Street. Taxpayers should have never been forced to pay for the mistakes of the big banks. He continues to make excuses for why he voted for the massive bank bailout. Cornyn has defended his vote, saying in 2010 that, “I'm responsible and proud of the vote I cast at the time because I thought it was a public necessity.”

3. Cornyn Voted for Medicare Part D

Senator Cornyn voted to pass Medicare Part D, a massive entitlement expansion that conservatives rightly predicted would tremendously expand the deficit and add trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities to the federal rolls. (2003, RCV 457)

4. Cornyn Voted to Increase the Federal Minimum Wage

(2007, RCV 42) Senator Cornyn voted for the Fair Minimum Wage Act that increased the federal minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $7.25 per hour in 2007. Raising the minimum wage is a bad idea because it reduces employment especially among low-skilled workers. The cost of raising the minimum wage is passed onto consumers in the form of higher prices for goods and services. 

5. Cornyn Voted for the Fiscal Cliff Tax Hike

(2012, RCV 251) The fiscal cliff was a fake crisis created by Congress and the president. Senator Cornyn voted for the infamous New Year’s Day 2013 fiscal cliff deal that raised taxes on 77 percent of U.S. households and contained no real spending cuts.

6. Cornyn Voted against Fiscally Conservative Budgets

Senator Cornyn voted against three of the best, most fiscally conservative budgets ever proposed in the United States Senate. He voted against Senator Mike Lee of Utah’s FY 2013 budget proposal to balance the budget in five years and save $7 trillion over ten years. (2012, RCV 101) He also voted against Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky's FY 2012 and FY 2013 budget proposals to balance the budget in five years and save more than $8 trillion over ten years. (2011, RCV 80; 2012, RCV 100) Instead, he favored budget plans that either fail to balance the budget or fail to specify clearly how balance would be achieved.

7. Cornyn Supported Intrusive Internet Regulations (PIPA)

Although he later withdrew his support (under withering fire from internet freedom advocates across the political spectrum), Senator Cornyn voted for the Protect Intellectual Privacy Act (PIPA) in committee.  His vote helped move PIPA to the Senate floor, where it met a well-deserved defeat. Under PIPA, the government would have the power to shut down millions of websites. This is economically destructive and a gross violation of our constitutional right to free speech.

8. Cornyn Voted to Allow Warrantless Data Collection on American Citizens

In 2007, Senator Cornyn voted for the FISA Amendments Act, which granted immunity to U.S. telecommunication companies for giving information about their customers to the government without a warrant.  This is one of the key provisions that allowed the NSA to conduct its now-publicized warrantless blanket surveillance of American citizens.

9. Cornyn Has Voted to Raise the Debt Ceiling Eight Times

Since entering office in 2002, Senator Cornyn has voted to raise the debt ceiling eight times (including the debt ceiling increase contained in number 1, above).  Raising the debt limit only encourages reckless spending in Washington. Congress needs to cut spending and balance the budget—not continue to increase our national debt without any spending reforms or reductions.

10. Cornyn Voted to Reauthorize the Patriot Act
(2006, RCV 25) Although he was not present in Congress when the original USA-PATRIOT Act was passed, Senator Cornyn has been an enthusiastic supporter of the controversial law, voting to permanently reauthorize most of its provisions in 2006. Despite its attractive-sounding title, the so-called Patriot Act violates our Fourth Amendment right to privacy, authorizing unprecedented surveillance powers that permit the federal government to spy on U.S. citizens without a warrant.

-- Julie Borowski and Dean Clancy contributed to this list.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 09:37:26 pm »
Thank you Rap! Most appreciated.

You are indeed correct - votes are more telling than speech.

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 09:15:16 am »
Cornyn was elected to the senate in 2002

the national debt on 09/30/2002    6,228,235,965,597.16       

Today it is over 17 trillion.  An increase in 11 years of 11 trillion dollars.  What - exactly - has Cornyn done to stop this growth in the national debt?????? 

Yes, I know what he claims on his website..... but talk is cheap his votes are another story:

By that logic all Senators in office since 2002 are guilty of 11 trillion dollars.  It was 9 Trillion end of fiscal year 2007- the last budget Cornyn might have voted for.  I didn't look it up but I know he didn't vote for no rat budget.  So he's only personally guilty of 3 trillion dollars of debt.

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jwithrow/senator-john-cornyns-top-ten-bad-votes

1. Cornyn Voted to Let Harry Reid Fund ObamaCare
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/25-gop-senators-vote-give-reid-cloture-allowing-simple-majority
only 18 voted against cloture

Mike Crapo (R-ID)
Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Mike Enzi (R-WY)
Deb Fischer (R-NE)
Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
Dean Heller (R-NV)
Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
Mike Lee (R-UT)
Jerry Moran (R-KS)
Rand Paul (R-KY)
Rob Portman (R-OH)
James Risch (R-ID)
Pat Roberts (R-KS)
Marco Rubio (R-FL)
Tim Scott (R-SC)
Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
Richard Shelby (R-AL)
Pat Toomey (R-PA)
David Vitter (R-LA)

Let us see how many make it through the next conservative limus test

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00213
Only 15 Conservative Republicans voted against it.  Like Elizabeth Dole. Our list of conservatives did very well because many of the names are freshmen who didn't vote in 2008.  Only 8 from the list above of votes against cloture on the 2013 CR voted on TARP.
There goes Grassley

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=108&session=1&vote=00459#top
Only 9 conservative Republican fiscal hawks voted against it.  Like John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Lincoln Chafee.  Are these the heroes of Freedomworks?  Did they cheer for McCain, Graham, Chafee, and Chuck Hagel when they voted against this disgraceful liberalism?  Did the cheer all the rats when they voted against it?

There goes Crapo, Enzi, Inhofe, Roberts, Sessions, and Shelby.
In fact there goes every current Republican Senator that was in office on Nov 2003

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00042
only 3 Republicans voted against it Coburn DeMint and Kyl.  DeMint realized he wasn't suited for being accountable to voters and we eliminated Coburn and Kyl with your first litmus test.  There goes Vitter

Congratulations in just 4 votes you've identified every current Republican Senator who ever won re-election as a RINO.

but think about it...Freedomworks is on the side of only 3 out of 100 Senators.  and then think about the day it passed February 1, 2007.  What might be significant about this period of time?  Can you guess why that bill might have passed 94-3?  Anyone?

But...
Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Deb Fischer (R-NE)
Mike Lee (R-UT)
Rand Paul (R-KY)
Marco Rubio (R-FL)
Tim Scott (R-SC)
Pat Toomey (R-PA)

...are still players

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130101/us-senate-rollvote-fiscal-cliff/?utm_hp_ref=homepage&ir=homepage
Only 5 Republicans voted against the deal
Shelby, Rubio, Grassley, Paul, and Lee

there goes Heller, Moran, Portman, Risch, and Toomey

TOOMEY?!?  MFing Club For Growth Toomey voted for the infamous fake New Year’s Day 2013 fiscal cliff crisis deal that raised taxes on 77 percent of U.S. households and contained no real spending cuts.   Who the hell are we electing to the Senate?!?!?!?!?

Oh well we still got
Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Deb Fischer (R-NE)
Mike Lee (R-UT)
Rand Paul (R-KY)
Marco Rubio (R-FL)
Tim Scott (R-SC)

but we probably should drop Rubio cause of the amnesty thing, but Five conservatives in the US Senate is nothin to sneeze at.   Does it embarrass the guys at Freedomworks that they are only represented in the US Senate by a basketball team of Hard Core freshmen?  :chairbang:

That is a fantastic list Rapunzel.  Thank you so much for posting it.  I can't think of a more illustrative list.  A good and decent Senator who has honorably served his constituents and still reflected his conservative values and beliefs like John Cornyn is condemned for voting the same way 95% of the GOP voted in 3 out of 5 of these litmus tests. 

Get real.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:24:53 am by Once-Ler »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 01:32:23 pm »
By that logic all Senators in office since 2002 are guilty of 11 trillion dollars.  It was 9 Trillion end of fiscal year 2007- the last budget Cornyn might have voted for.  I didn't look it up but I know he didn't vote for no rat budget.  So he's only personally guilty of 3 trillion dollars of debt.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/25-gop-senators-vote-give-reid-cloture-allowing-simple-majority
only 18 voted against cloture

Mike Crapo (R-ID)
Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Mike Enzi (R-WY)
Deb Fischer (R-NE)
Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
Dean Heller (R-NV)
Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
Mike Lee (R-UT)
Jerry Moran (R-KS)
Rand Paul (R-KY)
Rob Portman (R-OH)
James Risch (R-ID)
Pat Roberts (R-KS)
Marco Rubio (R-FL)
Tim Scott (R-SC)
Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
Richard Shelby (R-AL)
Pat Toomey (R-PA)
David Vitter (R-LA)

Let us see how many make it through the next conservative limus test

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00213
Only 15 Conservative Republicans voted against it.  Like Elizabeth Dole. Our list of conservatives did very well because many of the names are freshmen who didn't vote in 2008.  Only 8 from the list above of votes against cloture on the 2013 CR voted on TARP.
There goes Grassley

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=108&session=1&vote=00459#top
Only 9 conservative Republican fiscal hawks voted against it.  Like John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Lincoln Chafee.  Are these the heroes of Freedomworks?  Did they cheer for McCain, Graham, Chafee, and Chuck Hagel when they voted against this disgraceful liberalism?  Did the cheer all the rats when they voted against it?

There goes Crapo, Enzi, Inhofe, Roberts, Sessions, and Shelby.
In fact there goes every current Republican Senator that was in office on Nov 2003

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00042
only 3 Republicans voted against it Coburn DeMint and Kyl.  DeMint realized he wasn't suited for being accountable to voters and we eliminated Coburn and Kyl with your first litmus test.  There goes Vitter

Congratulations in just 4 votes you've identified every current Republican Senator who ever won re-election as a RINO.

but think about it...Freedomworks is on the side of only 3 out of 100 Senators.  and then think about the day it passed February 1, 2007.  What might be significant about this period of time?  Can you guess why that bill might have passed 94-3?  Anyone?

But...
Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Deb Fischer (R-NE)
Mike Lee (R-UT)
Rand Paul (R-KY)
Marco Rubio (R-FL)
Tim Scott (R-SC)
Pat Toomey (R-PA)

...are still players

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130101/us-senate-rollvote-fiscal-cliff/?utm_hp_ref=homepage&ir=homepage
Only 5 Republicans voted against the deal
Shelby, Rubio, Grassley, Paul, and Lee

there goes Heller, Moran, Portman, Risch, and Toomey

TOOMEY?!?  MFing Club For Growth Toomey voted for the infamous fake New Year’s Day 2013 fiscal cliff crisis deal that raised taxes on 77 percent of U.S. households and contained no real spending cuts.   Who the hell are we electing to the Senate?!?!?!?!?

Oh well we still got
Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Deb Fischer (R-NE)
Mike Lee (R-UT)
Rand Paul (R-KY)
Marco Rubio (R-FL)
Tim Scott (R-SC)

but we probably should drop Rubio cause of the amnesty thing, but Five conservatives in the US Senate is nothin to sneeze at.   Does it embarrass the guys at Freedomworks that they are only represented in the US Senate by a basketball team of Hard Core freshmen?  :chairbang:

That is a fantastic list Rapunzel.  Thank you so much for posting it.  I can't think of a more illustrative list.  A good and decent Senator who has honorably served his constituents and still reflected his conservative values and beliefs like John Cornyn is condemned for voting the same way 95% of the GOP voted in 3 out of 5 of these litmus tests. 

Get real.

Making up strawmen now are we?

Any one of those votes might be forgiven as a mistake. We ALL make mistakes don't we?  But taken together they are quite telling of Mr. Cornyn's true loyalties IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »
Making up strawmen now are we?

Any one of those votes might be forgiven as a mistake. We ALL make mistakes don't we?  But taken together they are quite telling of Mr. Cornyn's true loyalties IMHO!

Our liberal Wisconsin friend loves his liberal senators.