Author Topic: Clapper contradicts White House, says Obama was aware of spying on allies  (Read 864 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Is there anything that this Regime has NOT lied about over the past five years???!!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Is there anything that this Regime has NOT lied about over the past five years???!!

Well - they didn't lie about being the most transparent administration in history. They merely forgot to mention where the transparency would be. Must have been a simple oversight, words taken out of context. Bush's fault, of course.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

Nope - and just last week your favorite guy in the admin - Donillon's name popped up which prompted me to ask where is Chief when we need him... really glad you're back you were missed.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
What's really worrisome about all of this is what this kind of thing says about the viability of this Administration.  It is coming apart at the seams, and they cannot come up with enough credible spin to give even their most stalwart allies and apologists in the media a straw to grasp for them.  All of the lies to cover the outright incompetence of Obama are finally coming to light. 

We are watching the most significant signature piece of Democratic legislation written in the last 100 years coming apart at the seams, and the White House is trying to demonize health insurance companies as a diversion.  They are outright lying about so many things that spying on our allies falls to a lower place in line in an ever-lengthening list of outrages, but the fact is this continues to do tremendous damage to the United States.  Obama is impotent to do anything about the continued Snowden leaks, and even his own intelligence people are beginning to contradict him on what he did and did not know.

Harry Truman famously had "The buck stops here" paperweight on his desk, and like him or not, Harry took the Presidency very seriously.  He never claimed "I did not know" and no President in my living memory has ever been allowed to claim "I didn't know" as many times as Obama has.  He did not know about Solyndra, Fast and Furious, nothing about this healthcare debacle because he let Nancy Pelosi write the damned thing, and he was completely absent during and after Benghazi.  Obama was so detached from the Presidency that Leon Panetta had to go behind his back to get the operation to kill bin Laden started, because Obama kept stalling.

This is another hole in the dike and the drips are getting bigger.  CIA and the National Intelligence people are not going to take being lied about lightly.  There were a lot of targeted leaks when Pelousi opened her pie hole about enhanced interrogation techniques, and Obama would not be the first President taken to task by his own intelligence network. 

One can only hope.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Welcome back Chief.  Good comments.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Rapunzel

I heard someone say this morning they should obtain a copy of the Truman Buck Stops here sign and send it to Obama

Offline Cincinnatus

I heard someone say this morning they should obtain a copy of the Truman Buck Stops here sign and send it to Obama

So he can give it as a gift to someone who actually shows he has some cojones, like maybe Ted Cruz?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Lando Lincoln

This Presidency is unraveling... but you'd hardly notice it with most of the media.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:38:44 PM by Lando Lincoln »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf