Author Topic: Almost 1.5 Million Insurance Cancellations Under ObamaCare  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Almost 1.5 Million Insurance Cancellations Under ObamaCare
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:36:48 am »
http://www.conservativeblog.org/amyridenour/2013/10/28/almost-15-million-insurance-cancellations-under-obamacare.html

Almost 1.5 Million Insurance Cancellations Under ObamaCare
by AuthorDavid Hogberg | DateOct 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Unless you’ve been living in a cave, you are aware that many policyholders are receiving cancellation notices from their insurance companies.  Turns out that these policies don’t meet ObamaCare requirements.

But how many people have received these notices?  Let’s do a tally:

-800,000 in New Jersey.

-119,000 from Blue Shield in California.

-160,000 from Kaiser in California.

-300,000 in Florida.

-24,000 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

-13,000 in central and eastern Pennsylvania.

-76,000 from CareFirst in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.

That adds up to 1,492,000 cancellations.  And that number is low as similar cancellation notices have gone out in Alabama, Georgia, and North Carolina.  We also know that Humana has cancelled policies in Maryland. Unfortunately, no numbers are available thus far in those cases.

One analyst thinks that up 16 million people could have their policies cancelled.

Of course, who can forget this promise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfl55GgHr5E
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Almost 1.5 Million Insurance Cancellations Under ObamaCare
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 04:49:34 am »
 More people have lost their health insurance than have signed up for Obamacare and more people have signed up for Medicaid than people who have signed up on the exchanges - which were "supposed" to subsidize the new Medicaid signups (of course since they took all that money away from MEDICARE to fund Medicaid I think a lot of us here are funding their new insurance for the poor.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 04:50:33 am »
Changes to insurance premiums in Texas under Obamacare

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:48:15 pm »
Tip of the iceberg.   Many large companies that offer subsidized insurance plans and have open enrollment periods each year, [a time period when you could switch plans] are struggling with how the law effects them.    The “Grandfather clause” where you could “keep your plan” may not apply if you switched plans during the last couple of enrollment period or if the plan you were on switched providers on its own, which is what happened with many Blue Shield companies.   
My large company has open enrollment in November each and every year, and they begin notifying you in September, sending you the different plans for you and your family to look over and compare.    Here it is at the end of October and we have heard nothing. Very strange indeed.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »
It doesn't matter... did you know Republicans are mean and the Tea Party is racist?! Now THAT matters.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 12:56:25 pm »
Hey, Beckel says it's only a few million people losing their policies.  They're 1%s anyway.  Who cares.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:46 pm »
Hey, Beckel says it's only a few million people losing their policies.  They're 1%s anyway.  Who cares.

We are divided to the point where as long as it's "our guy" doing it, we don't care.

I'd give credit to Obama for the division, but it's been going on for years. I believe the political elite want it this way. They want a roughly 50/50 split, so that no matter what they do, their base will approve. Nice plan, seems to work.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 01:11:30 pm »
We are divided to the point where as long as it's "our guy" doing it, we don't care.

I'd give credit to Obama for the division, but it's been going on for years. I believe the political elite want it this way. They want a roughly 50/50 split, so that no matter what they do, their base will approve. Nice plan, seems to work.

And yet we here drove away Liberal_Spy, when all he tried to do was, from the left, discuss the very point you made.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:12:23 pm by aligncare »

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »

Comes a moment where you have to stop hitting the "SNOOZE" and take on the world.  Forget your "franchise opportunity" and act to protect your own.
In my mind, it's the conservatives who haven't been voting.  Think it doesn't much make a difference.  This latest clusterf*ck may have a net positive effect.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »
And yet we here drove away Liberal_Spy, when all he tried to do was, from the left, discuss the very point you made.

Sorry but no.  He/she was here to provoke and divide and obviously had some effect. 

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »

I don't know what to make of that. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to him. I know there were posters here who wanted him gone because he was openly liberal. I see both sides. If this is a haven for conservatives, who needs the liberal input? If it's a place for exchange of ideas, regardless of where you are on the political spectrum, then Spy had value.

For what it's worth, I voted for him to be here, and generally left him alone, except when I thought his posts were inflammatory, or stupid.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 01:37:02 pm »
I don't know what to make of that. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to him. I know there were posters here who wanted him gone because he was openly liberal. I see both sides. If this is a haven for conservatives, who needs the liberal input? If it's a place for exchange of ideas, regardless of where you are on the political spectrum, then Spy had value.

For what it's worth, I voted for him to be here, and generally left him alone, except when I thought his posts were inflammatory, or stupid.

It seems to me that the error some made was assuming that Liberal_Spy was who he said he was.

A liberal one comes in contact with in daily life is a very different animal than an Internet Liberal who comes on a conservative forum.  It's very much worth engaging in dialogue with someone you know and trust, but not a good plan to assume the genuineness of someone on a forum such as this.

If the left didn't send their minions all over the place to divide conservatives, there might have been a point in 'engaging' the guy.

I didn't vote one way or the other, and I have no idea what happened in his leaving, but I know for sure that we can get liberal propaganda all over the place, and it's no loss to the forum to have a self-admitted spy out of here.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 01:47:35 pm »
It seems to me that the error some made was assuming that Liberal_Spy was who he said he was.

Well, if he was dishonest and manipulative, then he definitely was a representative liberal.  :laugh:

I didn't vote one way or the other, and I have no idea what happened in his leaving, but I know for sure that we can get liberal propaganda all over the place, and it's no loss to the forum to have a self-admitted spy out of here.

That is one of the views I said I could see. And I'm fine either way.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »
Well, if he was dishonest and manipulative, then he definitely was a representative liberal.  :laugh:

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 02:31:39 pm »

That is one of the views I said I could see. And I'm fine either way.

Same here. Sure, he was less than honest. Big deal - something you have to deal with when talking to Democrats. They will never tell the whole truth, so it is something to get used to.

I found watching talking points evolve in real time to be interesting - maybe it's just me.

Back on topic - why are these people losing their insurance? After all, they were solemnly promised it wouldn't happen.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 03:19:55 pm »
Same here. Sure, he was less than honest. Big deal - something you have to deal with when talking to Democrats. They will never tell the whole truth, so it is something to get used to.

I found watching talking points evolve in real time to be interesting - maybe it's just me.

Back on topic - why are these people losing their insurance? After all, they were solemnly promised it wouldn't happen.

Because that's what has to happen to get to single payer.
We're going to single payer, it's a done deal. The media is all in, the GOPe wants it, the resistance is annoying to the PTB, but will easily be crushed. I just wish they'd hurry up and do it already. They will do more damage breaking the system, then just implementing single payer. Here's a thought, since we have no say in it, and single payer is coming, why not tell us, and try to implement single payer in the least damaging way possible.

Naw, that won't work.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 12:10:14 am »
First of all he was not forced to leave - he left on his own.

Second of all I did engage him and after a while his absolute refusal to answer the most basic questions was frustrating at best......  He may have been who he said he was and he may not have been since he never - not even one time - answered the most basic questions some of us posed to him.  I didn't care one way or the other whether he was here or wasn't here, but I'm not going to let someone blow smoke up my skirt without challenging what his purpose in doing so is.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 12:33:51 am »
The idiot Juan Williams tried to distort numbers on SR, by saying it was only 5% who were losing their policies, and 5% out of a population of 300 million is a small number.

The fact is, some 5% of the market stands to lose their coverage, and that could be as many as 16 million people nationwide.  As Jonah Goldberg pointed out, that is more than the total number of legal resident Asian American citizens in the United States.

The longer this goes on, the wilder the claims become, none of which can be backed up with any numbers whatsoever, because so far HHS has been able to keep the lid on tight.  We shall see how long that lasts.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 12:38:13 am »
The lady testifying yesterday said something like 8 times no one is releasing numbers for at least two weeks.  How can they refuse to give the numbers to the oversight committee?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 01:18:49 am »
First of all he was not forced to leave - he left on his own.

Second of all I did engage him and after a while his absolute refusal to answer the most basic questions was frustrating at best......  He may have been who he said he was and he may not have been since he never - not even one time - answered the most basic questions some of us posed to him.  I didn't care one way or the other whether he was here or wasn't here, but I'm not going to let someone blow smoke up my skirt without challenging what his purpose in doing so is.

Don't take this the wrong way - but I love you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 01:48:16 am »
Relic writes:
[[ Here's a thought, since we have no say in it, and single payer is coming, why not tell us, and try to implement single payer in the least damaging way possible.
Naw, that won't work. ]]

We'll find out in 2017.

That's when Vermont (by its own volition) is going "single payer".

I'm guessing that there'll be no traditional "health insurance" at all in Vermont after January 1, 2017?

One thing is for certain: that's when Americans will discover what single payer really is, and whether or not it will work in the American environment...

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 02:16:53 am »

Speaking only for myself, I don't come here to listen to- or learn about- points made from the left.  Not that Liberal_spy actually made any points, he mostly wasted other peoples' time as they patiently explained their viewpoints to him, and then dodged questions asking him to flesh out his own.   

What I don't get is how you get off scolding people here for becoming exasperated with the guy.  Other people spent time with L-S and engaged him.  Did you ever bother to?   

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 03:35:25 am »
LS and I conversed on many topics, time permitting.

I wasn't 'scolding' anyone in particular, lipstick. I was making an observation. LS often said exactly what Relic just said about the political elite in Washington yet many challenged his judgment.

As for LS' sudden disappearance:
1. Many were plainly annoyed by LS' presence and took great delight in scolding him.
2. A ridiculous poll was taken to judge LS' worthiness to remain in our exalted presence.
3. And what do you know? Surprise! LS is gone – to the delight of many.

He got the message. Conservatives are not that interested in finding common ground with anyone outside their own political lineage preferring instead to talk agreeably amongst themselves. What a fantastic way to win converts to your point of view.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 06:10:50 am »
LS and I conversed on many topics, time permitting.

I wasn't 'scolding' anyone in particular, lipstick. I was making an observation. LS often said exactly what Relic just said about the political elite in Washington yet many challenged his judgment.

As for LS' sudden disappearance:
1. Many were plainly annoyed by LS' presence and took great delight in scolding him.
2. A ridiculous poll was taken to judge LS' worthiness to remain in our exalted presence.
3. And what do you know? Surprise! LS is gone – to the delight of many.

He got the message. Conservatives are not that interested in finding common ground with anyone outside their own political lineage preferring instead to talk agreeably amongst themselves. What a fantastic way to win converts to your point of view.

He did not disappear. He told us he was leaving and Myst and I told him, come back anytime!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 12:52:28 pm »

People here TRIED to find common ground with the guy--they posted exhaustively.  Rapunzel, Musiclady and Victor come to mind-but not you so much-my apologies if I'm wrong.  The guy just wasn't having any of it, which has been MY experience in the past on other venues with trying to bring liberals over to conservatism.  They read what you post, and even if it makes sense to them, they STILL want to be liberals.  Sane people grow tired of messing with people like this and they get pushed to their limits. 

How about patting people like Rapunzel and Musiclady on the back for patiently engaging the guy with their lengthly, well thought out posts rather than reverting to your "I'm a cool libertarian now" persona and SCOLDING  your long time fellow posters??   I think its safe to say that unlike you, most of the rest here are not here to entertain people with liberal viewpoints ad nauseum.