Author Topic: Ted Cruz: The Man Who Made Immigration Reform Possible?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Ted Cruz: The Man Who Made Immigration Reform Possible?
« on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:16 am »
http://www.nationalmemo.com/ted-cruz-the-man-who-made-immigration-reform-possible/

October 24th, 2013 10:34 am Jason Sattler

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) was unrepentant Wednesday evening at The American Spectator‘s Robert L. Bartley Dinner  in Washington, D.C.

According to the Washington Examiner‘s Philip A. Klein, who livetweeted Cruz’s speech, the junior senator from Texas is hitting almost the exact same notes after the government shutdown as he did before.

“Republicans in Washington don’t know how to negotiate,” Cruz said, in defense of his strategy to use a shutdown and debt limit crisis to force the president to repeal his signature legislative accomplishment. The senator is sure he would have gotten away with a “remarkable victory” if it weren’t for those meddling Senate Republicans not supporting those heroic House Republicans.

Notably, Cruz is sticking with his argument that any vote to fund the government is a vote in favor of the Affordable Care Act, dismissing the notion that Republicans only disagreed on tactics as “hogwash.”

We’d be celebrating the defunding of Obamacare right now, he’s sure, “if everything played out perfectly.”

more at link.

Re: Ted Cruz: The Man Who Made Immigration Reform Possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:38:07 am »
As someone who thinks it is long past time to address the issue of illegal immigration Ted Cruz has made the impossible possible.  I am so proud of him, and I wish him nothing but the best in 2016.  God Bless you Senator.  Muchas gracias  Sen Cruz!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:29:22 am »
You're representing your viewpoint with pieces from The National Memo?  THE NATIONAL MEMO??   :silly:

Get a load of their "Featured Coumnists" listed at the top of their page:  Joe Conason, EJ Dionne, Gene Lyons, The Carville-Greenberg Memo.    :silly:  :silly:

I guess National Memo featues this Jason Sattler guy as their Token House Republican who beats up on conservatives?  Because they CARE about the future of the Republican Party??  I mean--how touching is that?88kleenix

Check out Sattler's list of grievances opinion pieces.

Hey Once Ler---you wouldn't by any chance BE Jason Sattler would you?   

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:54:11 pm »
You're representing your viewpoint with pieces from The National Memo?  THE NATIONAL MEMO??   :silly:

Get a load of their "Featured Coumnists" listed at the top of their page:  Joe Conason, EJ Dionne, Gene Lyons, The Carville-Greenberg Memo.    :silly:  :silly:

I guess National Memo featues this Jason Sattler guy as their Token House Republican who beats up on conservatives?  Because they CARE about the future of the Republican Party??  I mean--how touching is that?88kleenix

Check out Sattler's list of grievances opinion pieces.

Hey Once Ler---you wouldn't by any chance BE Jason Sattler would you?

Lips.. this poster is only here to spread his hatred of conservatives and the Tea Party... of course his reading material would be far lefties.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:45:07 pm »
I think its more insidious than spreading hatred.  I think the poster is here to damage.  Distract/divide, whatever it takes to disrupt.   But using opinion pieces like this one?  Why bother?

I'm sorry--I probably offended the Sinky GOPe contingent, that must constantly hunker down here, lest they be made to feel "isolated, ignored, or ridiculed". <---quote of the year.  I just love it.  :silly:

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 02:58:13 am »
I think its more insidious than spreading hatred.  I think the poster is here to damage.  Distract/divide, whatever it takes to disrupt.   But using opinion pieces like this one?  Why bother?

I'm sorry--I probably offended the Sinky GOPe contingent, that must constantly hunker down here, lest they be made to feel "isolated, ignored, or ridiculed". <---quote of the year.  I just love it.  :silly:

Sinky has a contingent?  I'm sorry you don't like the source.  I thought it was an interesting take on the whole fiasco.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:24:24 pm »
Sinky has a contingent?  I'm sorry you don't like the source.  I thought it was an interesting take on the whole fiasco.

So you consider a source from some horrifically liberal blog "an interesting take" on what is wrong with Ted Cruz?   You consider THAT interesting?

Kinda like me going to World Net Daily and lifting a piece bashing John Cornyn and calling THAT interesting?

'K.  Thanks... newbie.  :beer:

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 04:28:21 am »
So you consider a source from some horrifically liberal blog "an interesting take" on what is wrong with Ted Cruz?   You consider THAT interesting?

Kinda like me going to World Net Daily and lifting a piece bashing John Cornyn and calling THAT interesting?

'K.  Thanks... newbie.  :beer:
You are welcome. :beer: