Author Topic: MSNBC's Ronan Farrow: 'The Clintons Represent a Style of Honesty That the Public Craves Right Now'  (Read 3318 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/29/msnbcs-ronan-farrow-clintons-represent-style-honesty-public-craves-ri#ixzz2j9IRkgoo

MSNBC's Ronan Farrow: 'The Clintons Represent a Style of Honesty That the Public Craves Right Now'

By Noel Sheppard | October 29, 2013 | 17:27

When you think of the Clintons, does the word "honesty" come to mind?

It does to new MSNBC host Ronan Farrow who actually said on Tuesday's The Cycle (readers are strongly advised not to have any food or fluid in their mouths before continuing reading), "They represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Isn't it funny how when a Republican changes his or her mind on a key position, it's called a flip-flop, but when a Democrat does it, it's an evolution? But I digress:

RONAN FARROW: They're nimble politicians. Also I think that they represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now. And that's [float=right][/float]reflected in the numbers. I think people are tired of the old school politicking, and when a politician comes out and says, “Actually, I changed my mind, I've evolved on the issue,” that's something people are willing to embrace.

You know, Clinton has shown, as you said, on a variety of social issues that matter to young voters and for whom, you know, other politicians that have remained stuck in the past have become a source of alienation. He's also done it on a variety of other issues including healthcare. I mean, let's not forget that it was a watershed moment when Bill Clinton came out and gave his seminal remarks on healthcare at the convention. Those are remarks that he struck through the written remarks on and ad-libbed a lot of. That shows the style of communication he has, and one of the reasons why these stops are so significant. He represents something that people still connect with in a very primal way.

Actually, Ronan, I think it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

That said, who thinks Farrow is going to fit in just fine at MSNBC?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He deserves a punch in the mouth. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online kevindavis007

I don't know if I should  :silly: or  8888crybaby ...  **nononono*
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

I don't know if I should  :silly: or  8888crybaby ...  **nononono*

ALL of the above.

Sigh....................
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Was he even born in the 90's...another idiot who doesn't know history.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Ronan wasn't much more than a toddler when the Clintons stunk up the WH. All he knows about the crooks are what he read from liberal bloggers.

Offline Cincinnatus

Ok, got it:
MSNBC host Ronan Farrow
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Ronan wasn't much more than a toddler when the Clintons stunk up the WH. All he knows about the crooks are what he read from liberal bloggers.

Thank his wealthy, cloistered Manhattan upbringing and his Yale education.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

Bill and Hillary should thank their lucky stars that the Republicans controlled Congress for most of the time he was president.  If the Clintons had gotten their way, the healthcare fight would have been in the '90s but would have done to their reputations what it will do to 0bama's.  That, and the deficit and national debt would have gotten a lot worse a lot faster.  It ticks me off that conservative (or sometimes even Republican) policies only seem to help the Dems in the long term.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

rangerrebew

This is why liberals never learn from history, they are always busy rewriting it.  Apparently good buddy Ronan forgot about Bile lying to congress or madam's lack of memory during the Whitewater investigation.  Apparently he forgot madam said she was named in honor of Sir Edmund Hillary who, as it turns out, didn't climb Everest until 7 years after she was born.  He also forgot Bile wagging his finger at America and claiming "I did not have sex with that woman."  I used to think the media just didn't tell the truth.  Now it is absolutely apparent lying is no problem for them either.[/size]

MSNBC's Ronan Farrow: 'The Clintons Represent a Style of Honesty That the Public Craves Right Now

By Noel Sheppard | October 29, 2013 | 17:27

When you think of the Clintons, does the word "honesty" come to mind?

It does to new MSNBC host Ronan Farrow who actually said on Tuesday's The Cycle (readers are strongly advised not to have any food or fluid in their mouths before continuing reading), "They represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

ARI MELBER, CO-HOST: We were talking about this segment as sort of an “I Love the '90s,” and for the Clintons, the '90s was a long time ago politically. If you look for example in '96, roughly when President Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act, and over time we saw that issue shift incredibly. The first civil unions at the state level in 2000, a federal ban proposed as recently as 2004 on marriage equality by President Bush, and Obama and Clinton both for political reasons or evolution depending on how you chart it didn't support marriage equality when they ran in '08. They've both changed and most extraordinarily and most rarely, the President came out and said he was wrong essentially to sign DOMA, wanted it overturned which the Supreme Court ultimately did. What do you think that evolution tells us about their ability to move from the '90s to now?

Isn't it funny how when a Republican changes his or her mind on a key position, it's called a flip-flop, but when a Democrat does it, it's an evolution? But I digress:

RONAN FARROW: They're nimble politicians. Also I think that they represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now. And that's reflected in the numbers. I think people are tired of the old school politicking, and when a politician comes out and says, “Actually, I changed my mind, I've evolved on the issue,” that's something people are willing to embrace.

You know, Clinton has shown, as you said, on a variety of social issues that matter to young voters and for whom, you know, other politicians that have remained stuck in the past have become a source of alienation. He's also done it on a variety of other issues including healthcare. I mean, let's not forget that it was a watershed moment when Bill Clinton came out and gave his seminal remarks on healthcare at the convention. Those are remarks that he struck through the written remarks on and ad-libbed a lot of. That shows the style of communication he has, and one of the reasons why these stops are so significant. He represents something that people still connect with in a very primal way.

That said, who thinks Farrow is going to fit in just fine at MSNBC?

(HT Mediaite)

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/29/msnbcs-ronan-farrow-clintons-represent-style-honesty-public-craves-ri#ixzz2jDTBL4vr
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:45:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

The rehabilitation of your next unimpeachable president continues...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

I realize this kid has a high IQ, but apparently he doesn't have a lick of common sense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

I realize this kid has a high IQ, but apparently he doesn't have a lick of common sense.

The problem w/ High IQ people is that they think their thoughts define reality rather than just being their personal interpretation of it...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:40:19 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

Vince Foster unavailable for comment.  :smokin:

Offline happyg

Vince Foster unavailable for comment.  :smokin:

Nope! Neither is Ron Brown and many others.

Offline Millee

If you consider the Clinton's to be honest, upstanding people then you're hanging around with a bunch of pond scum.   :peeonobama:

Offline mountaineer

Ronan: Also I think that they represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now.

A Briefing Room poster who put this on Facebook:  Right. And Nazi Germany represented "a style of ethnic tolerance."

Bravo, M2C.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline raml

It is getting harder and harder to believe there are sane people with common sense in this country

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
There are different "styles" of honesty?

What style of honesty is not craved by the public?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

Look at who is mother is?  The minute Sandy Hook hit the airwaves she was on Twitter calling for gun control.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

A load of books on the back of a jackass doesn't make it a Rhodes Scholar.  11513

rangerrebew

Nope! Neither is Ron Brown and many others.

47 of them altogether. :2gunz: