Author Topic: Obama to Meet with House GOP on Immigration  (Read 2900 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to Meet with House GOP on Immigration
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:19:36 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/28/Obama-to-meet-with-House-GOP-on-immigration

from AP 28 Oct 2013
(AP) Obama to meet with House GOP on immigration
By DONNA CASSATA
Associated Press
WASHINGTON

A House Republican working on immigration legislation is heading to the White House for a meeting with President Barack Obama.

Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart of Florida is slated to meet with the president on Tuesday. The congressman mentioned the session in an interview with Florida radio station WGCU and his office confirmed the meeting.

Immigration legislation has stalled in the House months after the Senate passed a comprehensive bill that would provide a path to citizenship for the 11 million immigrants living here illegally and tighten border security. Most House Republicans reject a comprehensive approach, and many question offering citizenship to people who broke U.S. immigration laws to be in this country.

Diaz-Balart has been working on a bill that would help immigrants here illegally to "get right with the law."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Obama to Meet with House GOP on Immigration
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:51:04 pm »
I hate politicians. Democrats more than Republicans, but it's close.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:55:51 pm »
"get right with the law."
Yeah because the dems and this adminstration is all about following the law. :banging: 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:58:54 pm »
Diaz-Balart has been working on a bill that would help immigrants here illegally to "get right with the law."

That's easy.

Pass a law that lets them go back home...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:54:30 pm »
Hitler met with Neville Chamberlain, too.  I have a sickening feeling Tammy Fay Boehner is going to do what he always does, cave, and bring more poverty, cost, and illness into this country. :truce:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 09:55:08 pm »
Hitler met with Neville Chamberlain, too.  I have a sickening feeling Tammy Fay Boehner is going to do what he always does, cave, and bring more poverty, cost, and illness into this country. :truce:

Still think the GOP isn't complicit in the destruction of America?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 09:58:37 pm »
Still think the GOP isn't complicit in the destruction of America?

I absolutely do but still have this hope that somehow the people in the District of Corruption will come to their senses. :patriot:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:11:33 pm »
Obama is not meeting with the House GOP.  He's meeting with one Florida Republican who can't talk anyone else  into going to the White House with him.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:11:59 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 10:16:21 pm »
I absolutely do but still have this hope that somehow the people in the District of Corruption will come to their senses. :patriot:
I do as well.....but we don't have much time left do we? 

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 12:25:54 pm »
I do as well.....but we don't have much time left do we?

No we don't.  And the more I watch the perfect example of Cloward/Piven strategy at work in the District of Corruption, the more I see that time is waning much faster than I originally thought. savme

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 01:01:18 pm »
No we don't.  And the more I watch the perfect example of Cloward/Piven strategy at work in the District of Corruption, the more I see that time is waning much faster than I originally thought. savme

It's over folks. The country has moved left, the media proudly displays bias, and there isn't a politician in Washington who can look beyond self interest.

Prepare, plan, and live the best life you can given what's coming.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 08:24:16 pm »
Wrong... the country is still 20% liberal and 40% conservative...the problem is the politicians are not actually representing the people.. They are representing K street.. look at the McConnell thingy last weekend.. it was with K street... we can stop them, but it means getting rid of even the GOP members giving us the finger..and that takes guts on the part of the voters.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 11:58:18 am »
Wrong... the country is still 20% liberal and 40% conservative...the problem is the politicians are not actually representing the people.. They are representing K street.. look at the McConnell thingy last weekend.. it was with K street... we can stop them, but it means getting rid of even the GOP members giving us the finger..and that takes guts on the part of the voters.

I have been saying for two decades or more we need to vote EVERYONE out of congress for three consecutive congressional elections.  That will get rid of everyone who is there now and send a message that America is what Lincoln said it was, "government of the people, by the people, and for the people." :patriot:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 12:47:02 pm »

I'd have to say that your feeling is spot on; it is the way things are "done" now....

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 12:48:35 pm »
It's over folks. The country has moved left, the media proudly displays bias, and there isn't a politician in Washington who can look beyond self interest.

Prepare, plan, and live the best life you can given what's coming.

Excellent advice!!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 12:50:20 pm »

Yes.  A huge part of the problem.  I simply don't see how this changes within a timeframe that matters.  Had we all been having this discussion 100 years ago, I would be much more optimistic.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 12:51:27 pm »
I have been saying for two decades or more we need to vote EVERYONE out of congress for three consecutive congressional elections.  That will get rid of everyone who is there now and send a message that America is what Lincoln said it was, "government of the people, by the people, and for the people." :patriot:

Repealing the 17th Amendment would be necessary as well.

Offline evadR

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 12:58:40 pm »
Obama is not meeting with the House GOP.  He's meeting with one Florida Republican who can't talk anyone else  into going to the White House with him.

LOL
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »
Absolutely!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:13 pm »

I was just going to respond to your post above to me with this very comment, the real problem is the damned 17th.  BTW nice to see you back posting.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 05:43:06 am »
I have been saying for two decades or more we need to vote EVERYONE out of congress for three consecutive congressional elections.

http://www.opensecrets.org/bigpicture/reelect.php
Nobody is listening.  Good luck next decade.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 07:28:43 pm »
I was just going to respond to your post above to me with this very comment, the real problem is the damned 17th.  BTW nice to see you back posting.

Thanks Rapunzel, I'm hoping to have a bit more time to post than I have!!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 07:44:12 pm »

What difference, at this point, does it make what Obama 'says'. He is a liar. Clinton is a liar.

Neither one of them can be trusted in anyway, on anything, no matter what they say.

Talking to Obama would be a colossal waste of time. His words just don't mean anything. What he says is vapor, it is worthless.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 07:58:05 pm »
This is true: Talking to Obama would be a colossal waste of time. His words just don't mean anything. What he says is vapor, it is worthless.

Now that The Promise has been shown to have been a complete falsehood who can believe anything the guy says? Except for the most fanatical of Obamaniacs and even they must entertain some doubts.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:55 pm »
Now that The Promise has been shown to have been a complete falsehood who can believe anything the guy says?

In a legal setting, one lie cancels the entire deposition. Once you are caught, proven, or known to be a liar, nothing you say after that will be believed unless it is self-evident or is able to be proven with evidence.

Why? Because you are a liar. It is that simple.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.