Author Topic: L.A. Times: ObamaCare Hits Middle Class With 30% Premium Spike  (Read 918 times)

Offline happyg

L.A. Times: ObamaCare Hits Middle Class With 30% Premium Spike
« on: October 29, 2013, 01:33:10 pm »
by John Nolte 

In his two successful presidential campaigns, Barack Obama won the State of California by huge margins. Now, according to the LA Times, the bill is coming due and it is socking middle class Californians in a brutal way. Not only are thousands losing the health care plans Obama promised they could keep, but the average middle class premium will spike 30%:

Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years. …

But middle-income consumers face an estimated 30% rate increase, on average, in California due to several factors tied to the healthcare law.

This rate spike blindsiding the middle class is really nothing more than a tax increase to pay for Obama's goal to give everyone health insurance. Moreover, it is a brutal tax on those Obama said he would never increase taxes on: the middle class. 

In our shrinking economy where only Wall Street has benefited from Obama's policies, the last thing the middle class can deal with now is a 30% spike in their already-high health insurance premiums.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/28/la-times-obamacare-will-spike-premiums-30-percent

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: L.A. Times: ObamaCare Hits Middle Class With 30% Premium Spike
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:05:45 am »
Much like when we were discussing the negative impact of ObamaCare on Summit County, CO, this story just breaks my heart.

California, 2008

Nominee
Barack Obama   John McCain

Popular vote
8,274,473   5,011,781

Percentage
61.01%  36.95%

California, 2012:

Nominee
Barack Obama   Mitt Romney

Popular vote
7,854,285   4,839,958

Percentage
60.24%   37.12%

Yep, their suffering just breaks my heart.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:09:24 am »
It's that 37% who are hurting and voted against Obama who are truly heart-breaking.

If only Obamacare wreaked its havoc on only those who voted for the punk...... **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:11 am »
It's that 37% who are hurting and voted against Obama who are truly heart-breaking.

If only Obamacare wreaked its havoc on only those who voted for the punk

Agreed, MusicLady, but CA is ObamaLand. Since we cannot separate the wheat from the chaff this disaster must fall on all.

...for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Just so you know this doesn't make me happy. I was born and raised in CA but was wise enough to get out in the 70s. When I was a child I was referred to as a "prune picker" because I was that rare phenomenon, a native born Californian (this was after WWII when people flocked there). I loved my home state but now view it as I would a medical patient reaping the consequences of years and years of alcohol or drug abuse. I have compassion when it comes to his suffering but detached and resigned enough to recognize the cause.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:05:58 am »

If only Obamacare wreaked its havoc on only those who voted for the punk

Agreed, MusicLady, but CA is ObamaLand. Since we cannot separate the wheat from the chaff this disaster must fall on all.

Just so you know this doesn't make me happy. I was born and raised in CA but was wise enough to get out in the 70s. When I was a child I was referred to as a "prune picker" because I was that rare phenomenon, a native born Californian (this was after WWII when people flocked there). I loved my home state but now view it as I would a medical patient reaping the consequences of years and years of alcohol or drug abuse. I have compassion when it comes to his suffering but detached and resigned enough to recognize the cause.

Can't argue with you there, Cincinnatus.

CA is a mess, and its the voters who have made it that way.

(I still wish there were a way to have only Obama voters suffer under Obamacare!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.