Author Topic: A way to common headline: "Obama unaware" of everything scandalous  (Read 3145 times)

rangerrebew

A Way Too Common Headline: 'Obama Unaware' of Everything Scandalous

By Tim Graham | October 28, 2013 | 22:53

Tim Graham's picture

When President Bush didn’t know about something scandalous going on in his administration, starting with Iraq, reporters mocked him for a lack of curiosity and intelligence. (See Scarborough, Joe.) But when intelligent liberals (oops, for the media this is redundant) are in charge at the White House, being unaware is a shield against scandals. The clueless president gets to walk in and say “Nobody’s madder than me about” (fill in the blank: Healthcare.gov, IRS scandal, NSA scandal....)

Liberal Washington Post editor and Obama biographer David Maraniss claimed Obama was even relatively unaware of racial issues until high school: “Like Obama, she was relatively unaware of racial issues until she got to prep school.” On Monday, James Taranto at The Wall Street Journal came up with a nifty list of headlines making excuses for Allegedly Unaware Obama:
•   "Obama 'Unaware on Investments"--headline, Albany (Ga.) Herald, March 8, 2007
•   "Obama 'Unaware of Illegal Aunt' "--headline, BBC website, Nov. 1, 2008
•   "Obama Unaware of Tea Party Protests"--headline, Examiner.com, April 15, 2009
•   "Obama Unaware of Backroom Deal, White House Says"--headline, Dallas Morning News website, June 4, 2010
•   "Blago Judge: Obama Unaware of Seat Exchange Bid"--headline, Associated Press, May 16, 2011
•   "Sebelius: Obama Unaware of ACA Website Glitches Before Launch"--headline, CaliforniaHealthline.org, Oct. 23, 2013
•   "Obama Reportedly Unaware NSA Spied on 35 World Leaders"--headline, ABCNews.com, Oct. 28

Taranto's headline was "The Buck Stops Ware?" Obama never wants to take any responsibility for Obama scandals. "Who, me? I was unaware. Nobody's madder than me...."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2013/10/28/way-too-common-headline-obama-unaware-everything-scandalous#ixzz2j6sDW5p3

Offline olde north church

Re: A way to common headline: "Obama unaware" of everything scandalous
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 11:39:32 am »
The "Sergeant Schultz Presidency"
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 12:06:27 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 12:42:03 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 12:45:54 pm »

Shouldn't Obama be sued for plagiarism? :beer:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:18 pm »
If Obama doesn't know anything, and doesn't do anything, and isn't responsible for anything, then why is he President? What do we need him for?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 01:10:52 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 01:11:12 pm »
If Obama doesn't know anything, and doesn't do anything, and isn't responsible for anything, then why is he President? What do we need him for?

I would have to disagree.  He knows how the poor feel.  He knows to give them phones.  He is responsible for the rise of the Sun.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 01:13:33 pm »
Journalists abdicated their responsibility to inform the public, to make people aware of what's happening with legislation that impacts their lives. So the bottom line is the American people are in the dark.

Hard news today is nothing but thinly disguised editorializing as journalists lead with their party affiliation and not who, what, where, when, and why. It's all opinion masquerading as news.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:47 pm »
Journalists abdicated their responsibility to inform the public, to make people aware of what's happening with legislation that impacts their lives. So the bottom line is the American people are in the dark.

Hard news today is nothing but thinly disguised editorializing as journalists lead with their party affiliation and not who, what, where, when, and why. It's all opinion masquerading as news.

:amen: Doc!  :amen:!!!

:beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »
If Obama doesn't know anything, and doesn't do anything, and isn't responsible for anything, then why is he President?

Das what we have Valerie Jarrett for...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 04:34:33 pm »
Obama has to be the most 'unaware' president in history, and here is measurable proof.

Google results for Obama Unaware -About 14,300,000 results
https://www.google.com/search?q=Obama+Unaware&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Versus Google results for Bush Unaware- About 22,700 results
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Bush+Unaware%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Versus Google results for Clinton Unaware - About 2,380,000 results
https://www.google.com/search?q=Clinton+Unaware&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Considering Bush and Clinton are more popular names with two major political figures each, this says a LOT.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 09:16:49 pm »
Obama has to be the most 'unaware' president in history, and here is measurable proof.

Google results for Obama Unaware -About 14,300,000 results
https://www.google.com/search?q=Obama+Unaware&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Versus Google results for Bush Unaware- About 22,700 results
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Bush+Unaware%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Versus Google results for Clinton Unaware - About 2,380,000 results
https://www.google.com/search?q=Clinton+Unaware&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Considering Bush and Clinton are more popular names with two major political figures each, this says a LOT.

That's absolutely fascinating..................and extremely revealing as to how stupid Obama really is.

Especially when you consider that Google is on Obama's side!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 09:45:07 pm »
That's absolutely fascinating..................and extremely revealing as to how stupid Obama really is.

Especially when you consider that Google is on Obama's side!

ANY Republican president who had been unaware to the extent Obama has for 5+ years would have long since been the subject of impeachment proceedings with the media leading the charge!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:22:19 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »
Exactly! Bigun. Which is why the real problem in America today is the press and their lack of curiosity when it comes to Democrats.

If a Republican administration had authored even half the number of scandals as the Obama administration it would have been hammered by the press long ago.

Offline happyg

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »
Obama is unaware of even more than the low information voters. At least they know who the president is.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:58 am »
Obama is unaware of even more than the low information voters. At least they know who the president is.

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 12:07:23 am »

Regrettably that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 12:33:21 am »
Regrettably that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

There are no REAL journalists anymore and the reason is that schools of journalism, where they still exist, do not teach how to report facts but rather how to promote an agenda!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:36:04 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 12:35:07 am »
There are no REAL journalists anymore and the reason is that schools of journalism, where they still exist, do not teach how to report the facts but rather how to promote an agenda!

No real American journalists.  There are still some foreign journalists left and, sad to say, it is them we must turn to for a lot of the domestic news American journalists should be reporting.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 01:37:55 am »
You are right, Oceander. I found it to be especially true in, of all publications, Pravda!

Their opinion page is also a blast!

gopthedailydose.com via express.mgid.com via http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/

Obama: Time For Americans To Embrace My Dictatorship And Their Own Slavery, Or Else

(by Sher Zieve, CANADA FREE PRESS) – Acting more and more like a cheap version of Josef Stalin or even Hugo Chavez and, increasingly, drunk on his personally perceived absolute power over US citizens, Obama is now openly attacking we Americans and all of our institutions.

His partial shutdown of the US government (aka “ObamaGov”) has allowed him to affect all manner of dark mischief against us and he is laughing even more voraciously at us, while he pretends to put on his ’serious face’. As one angry Park Ranger put it: “It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation. We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting!”

Snip

All of this is about Obama and his—as yet—unquenchable thirst for power over us all. His is a dictator and each day his commands become more despotic. The criminal beings now occupying our White house believe they now control us and—at their whim—mandate us to do anything and everything they say. They, also, believe they have proved it by ramming ObamaCare—which is not healthcare at all—down our throats. We did not revolt…then.