Author Topic: Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 11:36:23 pm »
To my eyes, the pair on the left look like soldiers.

The pair on the right look more like crossing guards.

True dat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 02:31:53 am »
[[ The break down of the military into a subservient or futile agent. One of the easiest ways of doing that is to destroy the unit history, one tradition at a time. ]]

Very well-stated.

The same technique as has been used in the public schools by the left for decades now.

That is, create subservient subject/citizens by refusing to teach the actual history and traditions of the land...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 02:35:49 am »
Well, I see you got your brand new marine-skin pill-box hat
Yes, I see you got your brand new marine-skin pill-box hat
Well, you must tell me, baby
How your head feels under somethin' like that
Under your brand new marine-skin pill-box hat

Well, you look so pretty in it
Honey, can I jump on it sometime?
Yes, I just wanna see
If it's really that expensive kind
You know it balances on your head
Just like a mattress balances
On a bottle of wine
Your brand new marine-skin pill-box hat

(Apologies to Mr. Dylan)  :)

rangerrebew

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 12:23:28 pm »
I joined the Navy when  Adm. Zumwalt drastically changed the Navy uniforms (with Jimmy Carters approval). He did away with the crackerjack uniform, all now all enlisted wore the same basic uniform that had been reserved for CPO's. Black suit jacket, black pants, white police stile cover.  Dungarees were replaced by a horrible color blue polyester shirt and slacks and ball cap that turned out melted to your skin in a fire.  I can still remember all the navy people who hated the change. Part of their tradition was gone. Well the dungarees and crackerjacks came back (Under Reagan) when they could see the recruitment numbers drastically drop.    The uniform they offer is a huge draw factor.

I, too, served under the Zummie tradition.  My son was an enlisted guy and hated it.  When he separated he went back to college and we began to hear talk of going back in the Navy.  What in the world was that all about?  It turns out he hated the EM uniforms but loved the Officer uniforms and he is now a Navy Lieutenant, a Mustang.  Little things do make a difference.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:24:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2013, 12:46:47 pm »
To my eyes, the pair on the left look like soldiers.

The pair on the right look more like crossing guards.

The pair on the right look like salt and pepper shakers.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »
I had a similar discussion with a couple of friends last week, as regards Obama's replacement of the command structure with his own loyalists, while changing long-standing military doctrine to reflect both the Progressive world-view and liberal social policy. Attempts to make enlisted members less prideful of their history and appearance, and more directly subservient to the C-I-C's political agenda would very much seem to dovetail with the other actions we've witnessed.

Toward what end? One wonders.

Just listen to his own words. Whenever he speaks of the military, his words are always very egocentric. He says things like, "My military is ready." "I have troops fighting all over the world." etc.

I personally have not heard him refer to America's military or say that America has troops fighting all over the world.

Now, Obama is once again saying that he wants his own private domestic Army which reports directly to him and the Left is fine with it.

As with everything else in Obama's world, every single thing is always all about him.

And yes, those unisex uninforms and hats are gay. Glad I'm out.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »
[[ The break down of the military into a subservient or futile agent. One of the easiest ways of doing that is to destroy the unit history, one tradition at a time. ]]

Very well-stated.

The same technique as has been used in the public schools by the left for decades now.

That is, create subservient subject/citizens by refusing to teach the actual history and traditions of the land...

Thank you!  :laugh:

Schools were both their first and longest term target. Very patient, the Left are. Don;t mind taking a few generations to get what they want.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink