Author Topic: Dem Strategist: 'Party Is F****d'  (Read 5838 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Strategist: 'Party Is F****d'
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:44:00 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/28/Dem-Strategist-Dem-Party-is-Fed

by Mike Flynn 28 Oct 2013, 10:06 AM PDT

Ron Fournier, an honest liberal at National Journal, reported Monday that a senior Democrat strategist, with close ties to the White House, sent him an email over the weekend. The subject line was "Dem Party Is F****d." The substance of the email was the ongoing failures with ObamaCare. Not the website problems, however. The looming problem for the Democrat party is the actual impact of the program.

In his email, the Democrat strategists excerpted a story from the LA Times about the sticker shock many middle class Californians were experiencing with the new insurance policies under ObamaCare. President Obama repeatedly promised that "if you like your plan, you can keep it." It turns out, that wasn't true. The coverage mandates in ObamaCare have forced many insurers to cancel their existing policies, forcing individuals into more expensive coverage.

"I was all for Obamacare," wrote a young woman complaining about a 50 percent rate hike, "until I found out I was paying for it."

ObamaCare was passed over three years ago. Democrats, at the time, predicted that the public would come to approve the new program after it was implemented. Just four weeks into implementation, Democrats are scurrying to mitigate the effects of the law. Vulnerable Democrats in the Senate are pushing to delay the individual mandate, an action that would completely undo the economic assumptions underlying ObamaCare.

Seasoned Democrats may worry that the party is f****d because of ObamaCare, but they may still win a reprieve. The GOP Establishment has declared war on the Tea Party, whose every prognostication of ObamaCare has been proved right. Typically, the GOP is ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Dem Strategist: 'Party Is F****d'
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:15:18 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again!

The Democrat party is destined to become the 21st century's Whig party!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:09:17 am »
The GOP Establishment has declared war on the Tea Party, whose every prognostication of ObamaCare has been proved right. Typically, the GOP is ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Tea Party declared war on the GOP Establishment.  The GOP Establishment is just responding in kind.  The GOPe has now decided that the Tea Party is no longer just a wacky nuisance, but in fact a dangerous growth that must be excised.  I missed the prognostications of the Tea Party but I do remember 41 votes in the House to repeal Obamacare.  I also remember Obamacare passing without a single GOP vote.  The GOP was sitting pretty on this issue long before Cruz shutdown the GOP brand.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:52:24 am »
Interesting.

I thought this thread was about the admission of a "senior Democrat strategist" that ObamaCare may prove to be extremely inimical to the future of the Democrat Party. Yet having read through it I discover it's actually about how the Tea Party and Ted Cruz will prove the ruin of the Republican Party.

It's kinda like an earlier thread about McConnell that somehow morphed into just another attack on Cruz.

I am beginning to wonder if certain people on here aren't monomaniacs with an almost ADHD obsession with one subject they repeat over and over again no matter what the actual topic is.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:52:21 am »
To date not a single Republican has voted for Obamacare. Not a TP, or GOPe, not one.

THAT should be the selling point to hold the House and take the Senate, next year.

Not this stupid infighting.

Because it looks now like the dems will have to defend this turkey, all of their own making.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Olivia

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 11:00:24 am »
Interesting.

I thought this thread was about the admission of a "senior Democrat strategist" that ObamaCare may prove to be extremely inimical to the future of the Democrat Party. Yet having read through it I discover it's actually about how the Tea Party and Ted Cruz will prove the ruin of the Republican Party.

It's kinda like an earlier thread about McConnell that somehow morphed into just another attack on Cruz.

I am beginning to wonder if certain people on here aren't monomaniacs with an almost ADHD obsession with one subject they repeat over and over again no matter what the actual topic is.

"Certain" people on here need to remember the last election and how Karl Rove's little white board was wrong. 
The democrats will continue to win regardless of what they do, as long as the government buys the votes for over half the people in the United States. 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 11:07:38 am »
Interesting.

I didn't bring up the Tea Party.  The author Mike Flynn did...or didn't you notice the last 2 lines I quoted  and to which I responded.   That's how a news forum works newbie.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:48:55 am »
I didn't bring up the Tea Party.  The author Mike Flynn did...or didn't you notice the last 2 lines I quoted  and to which I responded.   That's how a news forum works newbie.

Please, if there is one thing I detest more than "prolly" is "newbie/noob".  We can disagree without condescension.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 12:14:50 pm »
Commiecrats are screwed just because of Obamacare?  This guy wasn't thinking.  What about IRS intrusions, NSA intrusions, Benghazi, more deaths in Afghanistan than under Bush, Fast & Furious, Obama showing disdain for Veterans during the so-called shut down, the disdain for Americans in the same so-called shut down, support of the muslim brotherhood, more people on welfare and food stamps than ever, 93 million people out of work, most of the jobs created in the past two years are part time, Obama making laws with presidential orders, to name but a few Obama "opportunities."  And its only Obamacare that is a problem?  God help us! :amen:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:15:35 pm by rangerrebew »

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 12:49:53 pm »
Please, if there is one thing I detest more than "prolly" is "newbie/noob".  We can disagree without condescension.
What is an non-condescending label for a person who is silent when others are called "monomaniacs with an almost ADHD obsession with one subject they repeat over and over again no matter what the actual topic is," but this same person gets indignant when someone is called a newbie?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 12:57:39 pm »
The DNC is hurting for money, compared to the RNC.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 12:58:02 pm »
What is an non-condescending label for a person who is silent when others are called "monomaniacs with an almost ADHD obsession with one subject they repeat over and over again no matter what the actual topic is," but this same person gets indignant when someone is called a newbie?

A buttinski

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 12:58:16 pm »
What am I missing?  The "newbie" has over 4400 posts and the wiseacre has about 1100 posts.   :shrug:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 01:10:25 pm »
"I was all for Obamacare," wrote a young woman complaining about a 50 percent rate hike, "until I found out I was paying for it."

Typical lib.  Everything's great as long as they're spending OPM.

Simple thieves is all they are...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »
To date not a single Republican has voted for Obamacare. Not a TP, or GOPe, not one.

THAT should be the selling point to hold the House and take the Senate, next year.

Not this stupid infighting.

Because it looks now like the dems will have to defend this turkey, all of their own making.

Cheering for passive resistance?  What else did the Republicans do to fight the Obamacare onslaught, other than "not vote for it?"

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:33 pm »
The DNC is hurting for money, compared to the RNC.

Not as long as George Soros is alive. :da man:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 01:19:00 pm »
Cheering for passive resistance?  What else did the Republicans do to fight the Obamacare onslaught, other than "not vote for it?"

"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -- Frederick Douglass
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »
"Certain" people on here need to remember the last election and how Karl Rove's little white board was wrong. 
The democrats will continue to win regardless of what they do, as long as the government buys the votes for over half the people in the United States.

That's a fact. Americans are so stupid, they don't even get upset about things that affect their daily lives, unless the media tells them to be upset.

Add into the mix the fact that the Republicans are constantly striving to find ways to screw themselves up, and it looks to me like the Dems will comfortably make gains in 2014.

Offline evadR

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again!

The Democrat party is destined to become the 21st century's Whig party!
Well, I hope I live to see it but I'm not holding my breath.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 01:47:55 pm »

Typical lib.  Everything's great as long as they're spending OPM.

Simple thieves is all they are...

Yeah, it was all good as long as they thought the "RICH" were being soaked and the EEEEVIL insurance companies were going to be punished.
Stupid fools.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »
There is a way to beat them at their own game.  If they run a Hispanic, run a black as a third party.  If they run a black, run a Hispanic.   If they run a woman, run a gay.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 07:06:11 pm »
What am I missing?  The "newbie" has over 4400 posts and the wiseacre has about 1100 posts.   :shrug:

And makes much more interesting posts.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 07:41:17 pm »

Passed bills to repeal it 41 times in the House that the Senate never took up.

What else did you expect them to do?  The defunding strategy was a disaster and would not have worked if EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN had voted for it.

Without the Senate and the White House, Obamacare cannot be repealed.

All this silly infighting will do nothing but weaken the Republican Party and prevent any progress.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 07:45:38 pm »
Might I remind you that YOU were the one promulgating all this "silly infighting" here the entire time the shutdown negotiations were taking place. 

What, are the GOPe's internals showing a rise in support for the TP or something? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 07:52:40 pm »
Might I remind you that YOU were the one promulgating all this "silly infighting" here the entire time the shutdown negotiations were taking place. 

What, are the GOPe's internals showing a rise in support for the TP or something?

No I wasn't.  I was criticizing Ted Cruz and Mike Lee for their fools errand of trying to defund Obamacare.  Everyone with a brain in his/her head told them it wouldn't work and it didn't work and wouldn't have worked if every Republican Senator had backed Cruz.

The problem the Tea Party has is that it's a minority of the Republican Party and will likely stay that way.  So, all the Tea party can do is screw things up.  It cannot advance anything on its own without the cooperation of the majority of the GOP.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.