Author Topic: Here’s how Obamacare makes life hell for college profs  (Read 698 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Here’s how Obamacare makes life hell for college profs
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/27/heres-how-obamacare-makes-life-hell-for-college-profs/

Here’s how Obamacare makes life hell for college profs
11:06 PM 10/27/2013

Universities are cutting back on adjunct professors’ work hours to comply with Obamacare–an unfortunate wake up call for some liberal academics who supported the law.

“I understand that colleges don’t have money to throw around and there’s a larger issue here, but it is frustrating to feel like, that in the face of this legislation designed to help people, that instead it’s hurting people,” said Amy Poff, an adjunct professor who teaches art classes at various Maryland colleges, in a statement to The Baltimore Sun.

Under the president’s health care law, employees who work 30 hours each week are eligible for health benefits. Since many adjunct professors teach enough classes to meet that bar, college administrators must choose between paying extra healthcare costs or cutting back adjunct work hours.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

Re: Here’s how Obamacare makes life hell for college profs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:37:47 pm »
Wrong, Amy.

It's designed to HURT people, and HELP the government get more powerful.

Professors can be the most willfully ignorant people on the face of the earth......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.