Author Topic: Tom Brokaw Getting Nationally Syndicated Radio Show 'An American Story'  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/28/tom-brokaw-getting-nationally-syndicated-radio-show-american-story

Tom Brokaw Getting Nationally Syndicated Radio Show 'An American Story'

By Noel Sheppard | October 28, 2013
Former NBC Nightly News anchor Tom Brokaw is getting his own nationally syndicated radio show.

According to Deadline, "An American Story" will air three times daily during the week on select Clear Channel stations.

As only he can do, Brokaw will offer listeners his view of current events as well as "notable moments in history which impact the lives of Americans today."

“I am grateful to Clear Channel for the opportunity to offer observations on the dynamic changes in America as well as the lessons from our past," he told Deadline.

Although Deadline didn't mention it, listeners can rest assured that Brokaw's views will be far to the left oftentimes diametric from those shared by the majority of Americans.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

Re: Tom Brokaw Getting Nationally Syndicated Radio Show 'An American Story'
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »
So, liberals think they can compete with Rush, Hannity, and the other conservative talk shows with someone who isn't as nutty as Alan Grayson?  To me, Brokejaw, was always boring and uninteresting and I can't imagine him being any better on the radio. :doa:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 09:11:30 pm »
Ranger: Clear Channel is the same network that carries Rush and Hannity, so they're not technically competing. This is morning show filler-- the little two-minute tidbits some morning shows use to fill time near the end of a segment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 09:14:06 pm »
If a tree falls in the forest...... :whistle:

edit:  okay, so maybe he's going to mimic Paul Harvey.....more like Andy Rooney.   ANYTHING to stay relevant in their own mind.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:15:23 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 11:22:51 am »
Ranger: Clear Channel is the same network that carries Rush and Hannity, so they're not technically competing. This is morning show filler-- the little two-minute tidbits some morning shows use to fill time near the end of a segment.

Thanks for the correction. :seeya:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 12:55:28 pm »
He's difficult enough to understand when you can watch his lips. On radio, ol' Mush Mouth will be incomprehensible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org