Author Topic: Tom Brokaw Getting Nationally Syndicated Radio Show 'An American Story'  (Read 490 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/28/tom-brokaw-getting-nationally-syndicated-radio-show-american-story

Tom Brokaw Getting Nationally Syndicated Radio Show 'An American Story'

By Noel Sheppard | October 28, 2013
Former NBC Nightly News anchor Tom Brokaw is getting his own nationally syndicated radio show.

According to Deadline, "An American Story" will air three times daily during the week on select Clear Channel stations.

As only he can do, Brokaw will offer listeners his view of current events as well as "notable moments in history which impact the lives of Americans today."

“I am grateful to Clear Channel for the opportunity to offer observations on the dynamic changes in America as well as the lessons from our past," he told Deadline.

Although Deadline didn't mention it, listeners can rest assured that Brokaw's views will be far to the left oftentimes diametric from those shared by the majority of Americans.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait.
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Re: Tom Brokaw Getting Nationally Syndicated Radio Show 'An American Story'
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
So, liberals think they can compete with Rush, Hannity, and the other conservative talk shows with someone who isn't as nutty as Alan Grayson?  To me, Brokejaw, was always boring and uninteresting and I can't imagine him being any better on the radio. :doa:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • ^^ Actual picture of me.
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 05:11:30 PM »
Ranger: Clear Channel is the same network that carries Rush and Hannity, so they're not technically competing. This is morning show filler-- the little two-minute tidbits some morning shows use to fill time near the end of a segment.
STILL a proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance

"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »
If a tree falls in the forest...... :whistle:

edit:  okay, so maybe he's going to mimic Paul Harvey.....more like Andy Rooney.   ANYTHING to stay relevant in their own mind.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:15:23 PM by DCPatriot »
"We must take sides...Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented" ...Elie Wiesel, 1960

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
Ranger: Clear Channel is the same network that carries Rush and Hannity, so they're not technically competing. This is morning show filler-- the little two-minute tidbits some morning shows use to fill time near the end of a segment.

Thanks for the correction. :seeya:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:55:28 AM »
He's difficult enough to understand when you can watch his lips. On radio, ol' Mush Mouth will be incomprehensible.
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf