Author Topic: Female justices showcased in portrait  (Read 823 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Female justices showcased in portrait
« on: October 29, 2013, 12:26:22 am »
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/female-supreme-court-justices-showcased-in-portrait-98962.html?hp=l12

Female justices showcased in portrait
By: Jose DelReal
October 28, 2013 04:26 PM EDT

A portrait of the four female justices who have served on the United States Supreme Court was unveiled the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery on Monday.

Justices Sandra Day O’Connor, Sonia Sotomayor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan are depicted in the oil-on-canvas portrait by artist Nelson Shanks wearing the traditional Supreme Court robes.

The piece was commissioned by art collectors Ian and Annette Cumming, who have loaned the painting to the museum to display for three years.

Kim Sujet, the director of the National Portrait Gallery, said she hopes the piece will start a discussion about “breaking barriers” for women. The piece is intended as a larger program on the important roles women play in the United States.

“The scale of this painting speaks to the grand accomplishments made by these four women and the example they set for future generations,” Kim Sajet, director of the museum, said in a written statement. “I imagine this portrait will spark a conversation among young people, particularly young women.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Female justices showcased in portrait
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 12:29:33 am »
One of the most unflattering portraits I have ever seen!...but I guess there is only so much you can do!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:30:04 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 01:20:56 am »
One of the most unflattering portraits I have ever seen!...but I guess there is only so much you can do!!!

Well, they aren't all there for their looks. They're there for their legal acumen....wait a minute...

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 03:01:53 am »
 That is just...sad.