Author Topic: Ben Carson: Health Savings Accounts Far Superior to Obamacare  (Read 1475 times)

Offline happyg

Ben Carson: Health Savings Accounts Far Superior to Obamacare
« on: October 28, 2013, 03:46:37 pm »
By: Greg Richter

Health savings accounts would do a far superior job of solving America's healthcare problems than Obamacare, says Dr. Ben Carson.

Health savings accounts can take care of 80 percent of doctor/patient encounters, Carson said on Fox News Channel's "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren." Bridge insurance or catastrophic coverage would still be needed to cover the rest, he said.

Carson criticized Obamacare at the National Prayer Breakfast in February with President Barack Obama seated nearby. He has since called the Affordable Care Act, which requires all Americans to have some form of health insurance, the worst thing since slavery because it makes everyone subservient to government.

Carson told Van Susteren that he has proposed some of his own ideas and hopes others will do the same.

"This is not a monarchy that we live in," he said. "When big egos get in the way it's very difficult to do anything in a logical fashion."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-health-savings-accounts/2013/10/27/id/533312

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ben Carson: Health Savings Accounts Far Superior to Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »
Ben Carson definitely has his head screwed on straight!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:56:53 pm »
Ben Carson definitely has his head screwed on straight!

I liked my HSA. I used my money for office visits and prescriptions that were not very expensive. When I quit to take care of my husband, the insurance company sent me a check for several thousand dollars that I didn't use. I can't remember the exact amount.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:58:14 pm »

Yeah, the 'solutions' to America's healthcare 'problems' are neither unknown nor difficult to remedy.

The takedown is deliberate.

Never forget that... never...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 04:03:53 pm »
Yeah, the 'solutions' to America's healthcare 'problems' are neither unknown nor difficult to remedy.

Of course it is! That is what this entire administration is all about!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 04:06:22 pm »
Of course it is! That is what this entire administration is all about!

It ain't just the administration.  They are just one of the tools being used.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 04:08:59 pm »

Absolutely. Socialized medicine is the Progressive Wet Dream. ObamaCare is not an end, but a means to an end.

And that "end" has nothing to do with health care, and everything to do with power. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 04:12:47 pm »
Absolutely. Socialized medicine is the Progressive Wet Dream. ObamaCare is not an end, but a means to an end.

And that "end" has nothing to do with health care, and everything to do with power.

:amen:  :amen:  and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:48:28 pm »

It's not only the Democrats wanting absolute control over us, though.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »

Which is why those of good heart should rebel and undermine at every possible opportunity.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.