Author Topic: Dang: Now the ObamaCare data center has crashed too  (Read 978 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Dang: Now the ObamaCare data center has crashed too
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:59:44 pm »
Full-scale implosion.

On the one hand, you can say this one’s not the administration’s fault because Verizon operates the data center. The connectivity issue that caused the system to shut down occurred early on Sunday, and as of now no one knows when it will be back online. In the meantime, no one can shop or make any purchases.

On the other hand – and I say this just from personal experience as a Verizon customer – I have never known Verizon service to be unreliable. I switched over last year from Sprint, which was a cacophony of unreliability, and Verizon has been unfailingly dependable. Now granted, my phone and data service is a very different animal from what Verizon is supposed to be doing for the federal government, but this is not some fly-by-night company run by Michelle Obama’s pal. It’s Verizon.

And that leads me to suspect that, as has so often been the case here, contractors are struggling to fulfill the wishes of a government that insisted for political purposes on designing a square peg to fit into a round hole.

Reuters:

The outage that started in the early hours of Sunday caused the data center to lose network connectivity with the federal government's data services hub, an electronic traffic roundabout that links the online health insurance marketplaces with numerous federal agencies and can verify people's identity, citizenship, and other facts...

http://www.caintv.com/dang-now-the-obamacare-data-ce

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Dang: Now the ObamaCare data center has crashed too
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »
Big business gets in bed with big government and they both FAIL!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:07:20 pm »
Obviously sabotaged by Tea Party operatives, with the assistance of the Koch Brothers.

/channeling Chris Matthews, Juan Williams, and a host of other liberal commentators whose brains rattle around their skulls like a pebble stuck in the wheel well of a truck tire....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:10:06 pm »
Obviously sabotaged by Tea Party operatives, with the assistance of the Koch Brothers.

/channeling Chris Matthews, Juan Williams, and a host of other liberal commentators whose brains rattle around their skulls like a pebble stuck in the wheel well of a truck tire....

Obviously! And don't forget about Bush!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:10:42 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien