Author Topic: After Saturday’s Wild Finish, Sunday’s World Series Game Ends in Historic Fashion  (Read 914 times)

Offline happyg

With Saturday night’s World Series game three ending in wild fashion, there’s no way Sunday night’s game could deliver another historic finish, right? Wrong.

With the Boston Red Sox leading the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2 in the bottom of the 9th, slugger Carlos Beltran stepped up to the plate with pinch-runner Kolten Wong already at first base. But instead of facing Beltran for a full at bat, reliever Koji Uehara picked off Wong, ending the game and leaving Beltran baffled:

The out was the first time a World Series game has ended with a pick-off play. Here’s how it looked in real time:

Video and pics at link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/28/you-thought-saturdays-world-series-ending-was-wild-sundays-game-ended-in-historical-fashion/

Offline flowers

Online andy58-in-nh

As a Red Sox fan, these games are exhausting me. Last night was a lot of fun however, especially after the sudden, unhappy ending on Saturday night.

On the interference call, the umpire may have gotten it exactly right, but last night... it was all... Wong:smokin:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

Nothing personal, because I really don't care who wins, but the Red Sox look like a prison gang with those skinhead hairdos and bushy beards. (especially the twitchy Gomes and Pedroia).  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

I didn't care either...until I read a bit about Obama going to tomorrow nights game. Go St Louis.  :smokin:

Offline happyg

I didn't care either...until I read a bit about Obama going to tomorrow nights game. Go St Louis.  :smokin:

:silly: :silly: :silly: