Author Topic: Cheney: Enzi lied about our relationship  (Read 836 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Cheney: Enzi lied about our relationship
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:20:11 am »
http://thehill.com/video/sunday-shows/330809-cheney-mike-enzi-lied-about-our-relationship

Cheney: Enzi lied about our relationship
By Elise Viebeck - 10/27/13 11:25 AM ET

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday that Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) lied about their relationship when he said that the two had gone fishing.

Cheney's daughter, Liz Cheney, is challenging Enzi in the Wyoming Republican Senate primary.

The former vice president predicted confidently that his daughter would win the contest and took a swipe at Enzi for suggesting he and the Republican senator are friends.

"Mike also said he and I are fishing buddies, which is simply not true. Never happened," Cheney said during an appearance on ABC's "This Week."

The comments took place during a wide-ranging interview in which Cheney talked about his health, his opinion of the Obama administration's approach to Middle East policy, and his daughter's foray into Senate politics.

Cheney also said that Republicans need to build a new generation of leaders after they got "whipped" in 2012.

"It's basically, I think, healthy for the party to be brought up short, say, OK, now it's time to go to work," Cheney said.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Re: Cheney: Enzi lied about our relationship
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:27:11 am »
 I watched Cheney's interviews today (two of them) and he needs to retire like Bush and not be heard from.  He said nothing memorable, and his defense of Iraq was tired.

Naturally he's going to push for Lizzie, who is GOPe as he is. 

If the tea party gets behind Liz Cheney, we can conclude that they're on a kamikaze mission against any incumbent and are willing to live with a squish like Lizzie rather than a solid and proven conservative like Enzi.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.