Author Topic: Has Barack Obama Become An Absentee President?  (Read 824 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Has Barack Obama Become An Absentee President?
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:39:57 am »
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/90183-obama-become-absentee-president/

Has Barack Obama Become An Absentee President?

Michael Miller
    On October 27, 2013

Barack Obama has been accused by opponents of being much more fond of campaigning than governing. And now, facing a myriad of problems, has he all but become an absentee president?

As Daily Caller columnist Neil Munroe observed Saturday, Obama is distancing himself from the critical task of repairing his crippled Obamacare website so he can return to the campaign trail.

“The president is a very interested observer in this [repair] process [and] is being regularly updated on it, and is holding that team accountable for results,” Josh Earnest, his deputy press secretary told reporters Oct. 25, while flying with the president to three fund-raisers in New York.

Obama’s departure Friday from the White House illustrates his focus on electoral and ideological gains for progressives, rather than on economic and practical gains for actual Americans.

Obama’s aides say neither he nor they paid enough attention to the website development program during the summer to realize the site, HealthCare.gov, would crash once it was put online. So far, they have repeatedly refused to explain Obama’s management failure. Munroe continued:

In the last few weeks, he’s also distanced himself from the budget impasse that temporarily shut down part of the federal government. He’s walked away from upcoming budget negotiations with the elected GOP majority in the House, from the high-stakes national debate over immigration, and from the unfolding crash of his Middle East Foreign policy.

So, again, has Obama become little more than an absentee president? Is he much more comfortable in the role of a campaigner-in-chief who would rather lob insults and accusations at Republicans than roll up his sleeves, involve himself in tough negotiations and accept ownership for problems within his administration?

In response to Obama’s comment to a high school class in Brooklyn last week – “I liked math, but then it started to get harder. That can be so frustrating.” – a Facebook follower commented:

“I liked being president until people started questioning me and holding me responsible for things. That can be so frustrating.”

Seems to me that hits the Obama presidency nail square on its head. This president loves nothing more that campaigning, speaking before adoring crowds and playing president. Governing, dealing with difficult issues and accepting responsibility – not so much.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

Re: Has Barack Obama Become An Absentee President?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 12:02:48 pm »
Permit me to edit:  This president loves nothing more that campaigning, speaking before adoring crowds, playing golf, vacationing, eating really expensive foods, attending pro sports events, drinking beer, smoking weed and playing president. Governing, dealing with difficult issues and accepting responsibility – not so much, which is why Valerie handles all that grown-up stuff.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:25:42 pm »
Become?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:42:53 pm »
To call him an absentee President would be letting him off far too easy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:02:20 pm »
Affirmative-action candidates don't have to work, they just have to show up... occasionally...

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:03:01 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan