Author Topic: George Will: ‘Of course I want Obamacare to fail’ [VIDEO]  (Read 681 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/27/george-will-of-course-i-want-obamacare-to-fail-video/

George Will: ‘Of course I want Obamacare to fail’ [VIDEO]
Jeff Poor   2:46 PM 10/27/2013

Washington Post columnist George Will said he wants Obamacare to fail, pointing the impossibility of controlling one-sixth of the economy with central planning after his co-panelist Juan Williams declared Republicans did not want the law to work.

Williams accused Will and his other co-panelists on this weekend’s “Fox News Sunday” during the show’s online-only “Panel Plus” segment of “schadenfreude” in voicing their reactions to the failure the HealthCare.gov launch.

“[Y]ou know, I just think there is a lot of schadenfreude on the panel this morning,” Williams said. “ And people, ‘Oh yeah, you know, isn’t it terrible — oh my gosh, Obamacare is having trouble.’ Come on, Republicans don’t want this thing to work. That’s the bottom line here. That’s the reality here.”

“Oh, it will end,” Will said. “Because in fact what they’re trying to do is micromanage one-sixth of the American economy. What we have learned throughout the 20th century is in fact the micromanagement, central planning of complex societies doesn’t work.”

“I want to assure brother Williams that there is no schadenfreude because I’m not even pretending to be sorrowful,” Will continued. “Of course I want Obamacare to fail, because if it doesn’t fail, it will just further entangle American society with a government that is not up to this. For 100 years, Juan, the narratives of progressives from Woodrow Wilson on, is that progress will come if and only if we concentrate more and more power in Washington, more and more Washington power in the executive branch and more executive power in the hands of experts — disinterested experts such as those who designed HealthCare.gov.”

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: George Will: ‘Of course I want Obamacare to fail’ [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:33:29 am »
I am really enjoying Will unleashed from ABC.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: George Will: ‘Of course I want Obamacare to fail’ [VIDEO]
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:36:31 am »
Juan is still in denial, but a lot of people getting their notices in the mail are starting to learn why insurance companies were never intended to be one size fits all - because no one can afford one-size fits all plans and still receive or provide the high level of care this nation has always prided itself on.