Author Topic: Chris Christie: I Never Hugged Obama  (Read 892 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Chris Christie: I Never Hugged Obama
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:59:55 am »
http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/27/chris-christie-i-never-hugged-obama/#ixzz2iyshoGEq

Chris Christie: I Never Hugged Obama

Shrugs off bromance, calls it a "handshake"
By Courtney Subramanian @cmsubOct. 27, 2013

Deny, deny, deny. That’s what New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is doing about his alleged hug with Obama last year when the president arrived at Atlantic City International Airport to tour the devastation from Hurricane Sandy, six days before Election day.

The potential Republican 2016 presidential candidate made a point to clear up the misconception in an interview with The Philadelphia Inquirer published Sunday, discussing the approaching one-year anniversary of the storm.

“It was a handshake like you would shake hands with anyone,” he said. “It was a perfectly natural, casual, normal type of greeting between two people. And you know, it’s become legend.”

Christie said the famed snapshot–showing the two leaders gripping hands and Obama with a hand on Christie’s shoulder–portrayed Christie’s bipartisan side, incited anger among some Republicans, and has been a constant source of questioning, even by those who haven’t seen the photo.

“If he deserved to be trashed I would have, as I had many times before that,” he said. “But he didn’t deserve it.”

In a separate interview with the Associated Press, Christie blamed Congress for the delay in $50.7 billion in Sandy aid, which took three months to approve.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Re: Chris Christie: I Never Hugged Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 03:25:07 am »