Author Topic: Dr. Milton Wolf, Second Cousin of President Obama, Announces Primary Challenge Against Pat Roberts (Obama's Cousin is Tea Party)  (Read 6492 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Look, my position is really quite simple. The Republican Party no longer represents my interest. So, I'd like to see as many of the SENATE old guard gone as possible, to make room for young constitutionalists.

Nothing personal against Roberts—I don't know the man personally. He's just been in the Senate too long.

Word
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Look, my position is really quite simple. The Republican Party no longer represents my interest. So, I'd like to see as many of the SENATE old guard gone as possible, to make room for young constitutionalists.

Nothing personal against Roberts—I don't know the man personally. He's just been in the Senate too long.

AGREE!  We need a new kind of politician in these times.  Things ain't like they used to be. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

OK.  Do you know how these replacements will vote? ARE YOU SURE????

We've got some young Hispanic female in Texas running against Cornyn in the primary.  Turns out, her primary motivation is "immigration reform."    And she says she's "tea party." 

Marco Rubio was supposed to be a new kind of conservative too.

I'll stick with the guys who have a record I can respect.  And who don't pick fights they know they can't win.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

That's good, sink. That's how the process works. I'm okay with that. That's what primaries are all about.

But as alicewonders said, we need new kinds of politicians. And new thinking when it comes to voting for these politicians. No longer am I voting for a "brand." —because there's no guarantee a brand will deliver what it promises. From now on I'm voting for the candidate.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That's good, sink. That's how the process works. I'm okay with that. That's what primaries are all about.

But as alicewonders said, we need new kinds of politicians. And new thinking when it comes to voting for these politicians. No longer am I voting for a "brand." —because there's no guarantee a brand will deliver what it promises. From now on I'm voting for the candidate.

Well said, AC.

***cool cat***
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

The tea party insists that "anything's better than what we've got."  That's nuts.

In the new paradigm, that means "if you didn't support Ted Cruz in shutting down the government over defunding Obamacare, we're coming after your ass."

Ted Cruz lost.  And he would have lost if he'd had 55 tea partiers in the Senate. 

And he still talks as if he can pull this shutdown stunt again and win.

Crazy is trying the same thing, over and over, and expecting a different result.

Offline aligncare

Myself, I haven't mentioned the tea party at all. I'm talking about individual candidate platforms. I've seen a real shift right here at TBR. More people are thinking and registering as independents now. I suspect that trend is occurring throughout the nation as a whole as well.

Just as George Bush's presidency made it possible for an Obama to be elected president, Obama will make it likely that constitutionalists will be favored for the Senate.

Offline sinkspur

Myself, I haven't mentioned the tea party at all. I'm talking about individual candidate platforms. I've seen a real shift right here at TBR. More people are thinking and registering as independents now. I suspect that trend is occurring throughout the nation as a whole as well.

Just as George Bush's presidency made it possible for an Obama to be elected president, Obama will make it likely that constitutionalists will be favored for the Senate.

Maybe. But "constitutionalists" will have to be part of the Republican Party, or nobody will pay any attention to them. 

Offline aligncare

I suspect Republicans in the Senate have been getting an earful from the grass roots. Next year's elections should be very interesting.

Offline Rapunzel

Ted Cruz is the most popular politician in Texas.  He did not lose anything.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Ted Cruz is the most popular politician in Texas.  He did not lose anything.

You're right.  Ted Cruz didn't lose anything.  He padded his campaign war chest.

But he drove down Republican negatives to their lowest point in history.   Ted Cruz doesn't give a damn about anybody but himself.

Offline Rapunzel

Offline sinkspur

Offline aligncare

LOL! You got to give it to sinky on that one. That's funny!

Offline Rapunzel

LOL! You got to give it to sinky on that one. That's funny!

He is a broken record, Palin, Cruz... it makes a persons ears hurt... and notice this thread had nothing to do with Cruz, but he turns every thread into an anti-Cruz slam.  Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz live rent free in his head.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:24:17 am by Rapunzel »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

[Pat Roberts] A go-along-to-get-along establishment Republican, with votes all over the map. Kathleen Sebelius was endorsed by planned parenthood and is "staunchly pro-choice" – her words. Kansas City Archbishop Joseph Fred Naumann asked that Sebelius no longer receive Holy Communion because of her position on abortion.

What is a supposedly conservative Republican doing voting twice to confirm Kathleen Sebelius for Health and Human Services secretary–of all positions!

Her record — chief lobbyist for Kansas trial lawyers; received a "D" from the Cato Institute on their fiscal policy report card which measures the fiscal performance of US governors, proposed raising sales, property, and income taxes; her "unintentional" errors on her personal tax returns— is patchy at best. Yet Roberts voted to confirm her—twice.

I agree.  This guy has got o go.  Gimmie President Obamacares's cousin anyday.

The brand can't deliver because there aren't enough conservative voters to deliver majorities in the Senate or deliver the White House.

Offline aligncare

The brand can't deliver because there aren't enough conservative voters to deliver majorities in the Senate or deliver the White House.

Uh, that's conservative/libertarian/independent/fed-up Democrats and had-it-up-to-here Republicans, if you please...

Offline olde north church

Uh, that's conservative/libertarian/independent/fed-up Democrats and had-it-up-to-here Republicans, if you please...

That is the dividing line between the left and the right these days, nanny staters on both sides.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

You're exactly right, onc. Two sides of the same big government coin.

If we as conservative/libertarian/independent voters start looking at it that way, we could begin electing the right kind of people to Congress and perhaps even curb this trend (begun with FDR and culminating with Obama) of electing monarchs and demagogues to the presidency.

Offline Rapunzel

Actually there is 20% liberal, 40% conservative and 40% everything else.  So we have PLENTY of conservatives.

Actually there is 20% liberal, 40% conservative and 40% everything else.  So we have PLENTY of conservatives.
And yet conservatives represent just a fraction of the House and Senate.  Why do you suppose that is?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
And yet conservatives represent just a fraction of the House and Senate.  Why do you suppose that is?

Because the basic ideology of Conservatives eschews politics. They are too busy being doctors, engineers, construction workers, and other real jobs.