Author Topic: Iowa audience embraces Sen. Ted Cruz  (Read 4288 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Iowa audience embraces Sen. Ted Cruz
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 03:26:13 am »
I agree with all you posted. I don't consider the Tea Party far right, but fiscally responsible. Anyone less than that is a moderate.

Until the tea party dominates the Republican Party--and I've seen no evidence that it does--it's fringe.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 03:29:12 am »
60 members in congress in 3 years.  Pretty good record for a grass-roots movement not supported by the mainstream big money.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 03:30:24 am »
Considering that he is an exceedingly accomplished and brilliant man the comment is without merit.

Brilliant men don't undertake strategies that are doomed to fail.  Cruz an ideological zealot.  So are most of those who drool over him.

As George Patton said "I don't give a hoot in hell over somebody who lost, and laughed."

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 03:32:52 am »
60 members in congress in 3 years.  Pretty good record for a grass-roots movement not supported by the mainstream big money.

Good, not great.  Call me when the tea party commands 120 members of the US House.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 03:34:31 am »
/snicker

Actually, I don't.  But you wouldn't know that because you don't pay attention to what people post; you simply set up strawmen with their avatars taped on and tilt after those instead.

Since I like hitting my head against proverbial brick walls, I'll say it for the hundredth time:  if you stopped paying attention to your own preconceptions and started paying attention to reality, you'd be a lot wiser.

I have no idea what this means.  I'm a helluva lot more in touch with reality than you are.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 03:38:27 am »
By the way, Liberal Spy, who seemed to me to be more than courteous and respectful, sent me an email today saying he was leaving. 

From just a cursory reading of posts to him, most here treated him like dirt.

Is this the model the tea party uses to win adherents? 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 03:40:22 am »
I'd be careful who you call dumb.

He graduated cum laude from Princeton and magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. He clerked for Chief Justice William Rehnquist, practiced law, and worked in government, avoiding the practical world of business.

The elites thought it was dumb, but “real Americans,” thought Cruz was a hero, said former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 03:49:21 am »
I'd be careful who you call dumb.

He graduated cum laude from Princeton and magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. He clerked for Chief Justice William Rehnquist, practiced law, and worked in government, avoiding the practical world of business.

The elites thought it was dumb, but “real Americans,” thought Cruz was a hero, said former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay.

I never called Cruz dumb. On the contrary, I think he's a brilliant man.

He managed to shutdown the government and stuff over a quarter of a million dollars into his campaign pockets. 

Cruz is about Cruz.  He's a mirror image of Obama.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 04:21:52 am »
/snicker

Actually, I don't.  But you wouldn't know that because you don't pay attention to what people post; you simply set up strawmen with their avatars taped on and tilt after those instead.

Since I like hitting my head against proverbial brick walls, I'll say it for the hundredth time:  if you stopped paying attention to your own preconceptions and started paying attention to reality, you'd be a lot wiser.

NEVER argue with an idiot for more than two minutes because it becomes impossible for a bystander to distinguish the difference after that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 06:14:21 am »
“And let me tell you, growth and principles are ideas that unify Republicans,” he said.

growth + principles = unifying ideas

“They are principles and ideals that unify the evangelical community, the liberty movement and the business community.

"They" (growth + principles, or unifying ideas) = principles + ideals that unify

Growth and freedom are principles that bring together Main Street and the tea party.”

growth + freedom = principles that unify Main Street and the tea party
If you combine growth + principles + freedom do we get Einstein's unified theory?
This guy is a genius.