Author Topic: 500,000 Californians Lose Health Policies  (Read 1169 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
500,000 Californians Lose Health Policies
« on: October 27, 2013, 01:13:25 am »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/362263/500000-californians-lose-health-policies-wesley-j-smith

500,000 Californians Lose Health Policies
By Wesley J. Smith
October 25, 2013 8:16 PM

My wife, the syndicated San Francisco Chronicle columnist Debra J. Saunders, has learned that at least 500,000 Californians may lose their health insurance next year — and that’s a conservative estimate. From her Token Conservative blog:

According to this link as of December 2012, there were 491,977 covered lives in individual health care plans regulated by the state Department Insurance that are not grandfathered under the Affordable Care Act. (If they bought a plan after March 2010, their coverage is not grandfathered.) This is a 2012 number, but if the number of people with private coverage hasn’t changed much in the last ten months, that’s half a million Californians who will lose their coverage.

Those canceled policies will have to be replaced with Obamacare-approved insurance:

California Association of Health Plans president Pat Johnston told me that by law providers must cancel non-grandfathered individual policies. (It is my understanding some folks will lose their coverage at year’s end, others might be able to extend into 2014 through the end of a covered year.) This probably means premiums hikes for people who “not only were they healthy, they also probably were very savvy shoppers.” This is a small corner of the insurance market; others may well save money under the Affordable Care Act. But for the people kicked off their individual California plans, Johnston said, it may well be that ”if you’re outside that subsidy range, you’re on your own.”

So much for, “If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance.” The train wreck continues.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: 500,000 Californians Lose Health Policies
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:15:43 am »
I heard on The Bulls and Bears that 16-20 million will lose their current health insurance. A lot of people are happy with their plans, and unhappy with the Obamacare changes. They will be paying more for things they don't want or need.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 01:18:59 am »
happyg we tried to warn them... no one wanted to listen. I argued until I was blue in the face with a guy in Utah who swore this was going to save he and his family money.. I told him there was no way it would save them a dime, and infact would increase his premiums.  Sadly.. I was right.

BTW starting the first of the month a LOT of our patients who had insurance are now cash.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 01:33:21 am »
Wasn't the excuse for having ACA was because 15 million were without health care? Now, more people than ever will be without it, and will be forced to get it or pay huge fines, since the fines double and triple with the years.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 01:38:10 am »
Wasn't the excuse for having ACA was because 15 million were without health care? Now, more people than ever will be without it, and will be forced to get it or pay huge fines, since the fines double and triple with the years.

That was the party line, the "real" reason no one wanted to face (at least liberals) is this has always been about control because if they control your healthcare then they can control everything you do.  Glenn Beck shared the writings of Cass Sunstein trying to warn people what they were about and he was called a kook... nope the real kook was/is Sunstein (you know the husband of our UN Ambassador) not Beck.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 01:54:01 am »
That was the party line, the "real" reason no one wanted to face (at least liberals) is this has always been about control because if they control your healthcare then they can control everything you do.  Glenn Beck shared the writings of Cass Sunstein trying to warn people what they were about and he was called a kook... nope the real kook was/is Sunstein (you know the husband of our UN Ambassador) not Beck.

I remember his show on television where he connected all the dots with Sunstein. I even looked him up, and the proof is there for anyone who wants something other than the MSM version.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 02:06:09 am »
I remember his show on television where he connected all the dots with Sunstein. I even looked him up, and the proof is there for anyone who wants something other than the MSM version.

yep........

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 02:29:28 am »
My brother employs about 100 in California. He is strongly considering giving everybody a raise equal to the employer cost of their current policies, and being done with haggling with insurance companies, administering it, etc.

His own personal family policy jumped from $2,500 deductible per person, to $15,000 deductible per person, according to our discussion an hour ago.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 02:43:12 am »

The sole purpose of the ACA is to control our lives.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:44:00 am by Rapunzel »

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 02:52:54 am »
My brother employs about 100 in California. He is strongly considering giving everybody a raise equal to the employer cost of their current policies, and being done with haggling with insurance companies, administering it, etc.

His own personal family policy jumped from $2,500 deductible per person, to $15,000 deductible per person, according to our discussion an hour ago.

I have a feeling a lot of small to medium sized employers are coming around to that view.  Of course, those raises won't keep up with the year-over-year premium increases that are coming, so it'll soon enough be cold comfort to those who get them.