Author Topic: Professor Who Seemingly Wished Mass Shooting on NRA Families Is Back From ‘Indefinite’ Administrative Leave, Returns to Work  (Read 836 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/26/professor-who-seemingly-wished-mass-shooting-on-nra-families-is-back-from-indefinite-administrative-leave-returns-to-work/

Professor Who Seemingly Wished Mass Shooting on NRA Families Is Back From ‘Indefinite’ Administrative Leave, Returns to Work
Oct. 26, 2013 4:00pm Becket Adams

A journalism professor who was placed on “indefinite” administrative leave after he seemingly wished harm on the “sons and daughters” of National Rifle Association members returned to work Friday.

However, David Guth, who held a position at the University of Kansas’ William Allen White School of Journalism, will not be teaching, according to Campus Reform.

“We do have a lot of work to do on assessment as we prepare for various levels of accreditation, and that’s some of the work he will be doing,” said William Allen White School of Journalism Dean Ann Brill, according to the University Daily Kansan.

“Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters.”

Guth was suspended on Sept. 20 for tweeting anti-NRA remarks following the mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard.

“The blood is on the hands of the #NRA,” Guth tweeted. “Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.”

Professor Who Seemingly Wished Mass Shooting on NRA Families Is Back From Indefinite Administrative Leave, Returns to Work

After initially defending his anti-NRA rant, the journalism professor apologized Thursday for his remarks.

“My September 16 tweet following the Navy Yard shootings has caused a great deal of pain for many people, and for that I apologize,” Guth said in a statement to the Kansan.

“Some interpreted my tweet differently than it was intended: I don’t want anyone’s children hurt,” he said.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

Anti–gunners seem incapable of grasping you can't regulate guns out of existence. The genie is out of the bottle. They're here, and when they are near they save lives. The lives of the good guys, family, friends, neighbors, self.

You can't simply wish them away—or worse, deny law-abiding citizens the God given and constitutionally protected right to self protection from criminals who will access guns no matter what laws are in place.

:banging: