Author Topic: Former Skeptic Who Says She Died and Went to Heaven Describes Talking With God  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I love these accounts, and there are more and more of them coming out all the time.  They are wonderful reminders of what awaits us when we depart this plane.

Offline happyg

A good friend was in a horrible car accident a couple years ago. She told me she had several out-of-body experiences, but didn't go into detail. I'm going to question her further on it. I believe the Holy Spirit is within us, so if it can leave, I imagine it can come back, as well, for the lucky few who witness it.

There is a Presbyterian lay pastor at my church (part of our congregation) who had a near death experience last spring--she was on a respirator after a major heart attack.

She had done a lot of missionary work in the Congo in years past.  She was told she could stay ior come back, and then she was given the image of all those praying for her here on Earth--including a HUGE contingent from the Congo who held all-night prayer sessions.  She opted to return, but she really wanted to stay.

Offline happyg

There is a Presbyterian lay pastor at my church (part of our congregation) who had a near death experience last spring--she was on a respirator after a major heart attack.

She had done a lot of missionary work in the Congo in years past.  She was told she could stay ior come back, and then she was given the image of all those praying for her here on Earth--including a HUGE contingent from the Congo who held all-night prayer sessions.  She opted to return, but she really wanted to stay.

And then, there are the skeptics who shrug off so much evidence of God. They don't understand what faith is unless they can see and feel it up close and personal. If they had faith, they could see His love up close and personal.

Eben Alexander was not a believer.  Until he had this experience.

Offline happyg

Sounds like a good book. I heard about him before. My kindle is at my son's house, but when I get it back, I'm going to get it. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. It's been years since I relaxed with a good book.

Offline Rapunzel

His story is really an amazing account, too.  Don't forget the other doctor who drowned in the kayak accident and came back.  To Heaven and Back: Mary C. Neal Md  and this little boy's story as he related it to his pastor father - Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back.  Doctor all agree this little boys was, for all intents and purposes, deceased, yet he recounts meeting Jesus and describes perfectly watching down as his mother was in a room away from his hospital room praying.

Offline Rapunzel

Sounds like a good book. I heard about him before. My kindle is at my son's house, but when I get it back, I'm going to get it. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. It's been years since I relaxed with a good book.

~LOL~ stick with Lipstick and I and you'll be reading a lot.  BTW I love my kindle.

Don't forget the other doctor who drowned in the kayak accident and came back.  To Heaven and Back: Mary C. Neal Md 

This one is one of my favorites.  Dr Neal is an Elder in her Presbyterian church so her book really helped me reconcile some questions I had in my own mind about all this.

~LOL~ stick with Lipstick and I and you'll be reading a lot.  BTW I love my kindle.

I'd love a Kindle, but I pass a lot of books on, which I wouldn't be able to do otherwise.  I wish Happy lived close to me--I could keep her in books for quite awhile.  :read:

Offline Rapunzel

This one is one of my favorites.  Dr Neal is an Elder in her Presbyterian church so her book really helped me reconcile some questions I had in my own mind about all this.

Yes, I liked her book a lot for a lot of reasons.

Offline happyg

I'd love a Kindle, but I pass a lot of books on, which I wouldn't be able to do otherwise.  I wish Happy lived close to me--I could keep her in books for quite awhile.  :read:

I would read them! I'm in no where land, Ohio. The only thing good about living here is it's close to somewhere else.  :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

I have my friend in CA reading a lot more now - I passed on a lot of the books I'd purchased before I was gifted with my kindle.

I would read them! I'm in no where land, Ohio. The only thing good about living here is it's close to somewhere else.  :laugh:

Happy, you can do what I do--buy the cheapo used books via Amazon.  Rappy and I will be happy to suggest some really good ones for you.  Once you read them, you might think "Oh!  So-and-so needs to read this!"  and pass them on.

Or, pay them forward, in today's parlance.

Offline happyg

Happy, you can do what I do--buy the cheapo used books via Amazon.  Rappy and I will be happy to suggest some really good ones for you.  Once you read them, you might think "Oh!  So-and-so needs to read this!"  and pass them on.

Or, pay them forward, in today's parlance.

I used to do that, but with all that's happened in the past few years, I got away from it. I would appreciate a few good books for my Kindle, though. Thanks in advance.

Offline sinkspur

I love these accounts, and there are more and more of them coming out all the time.  They are wonderful reminders of what awaits us when we depart this plane.

They are coming because they garner attention and sell books.  The power of suggestion is just that: powerful.  Imaginations can be very creative.

If near-death experiences help people get nearer to God, good for them and for those who read about them.    But, like apparitions in the Catholic Church, the experience itself tends to become the focus. 

Blessed are those who have not seen and still believe.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

They are coming because they garner attention and sell books.

Ah!  Thanks for setting us straight.

I guess when you're a make-believe Deacon, you enjoy that special pipeline to the Almighty that us merry widows don't.

Want me to PM you a list of the NDE authors so you can contact and set 'em straight, Sink?

Offline Cincinnatus

They are coming because they garner attention and sell books.  :silly: This guy is just unbelievable.

In any case this was a very touching story. Thanks for sharing it, Rapunzel.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

I'll go out on a limb and hazard a guess Sink never read the article posted here or any of the books written by medical doctors - like the Neurosurgeon noted in one of the books in this thread - who have actually HAD a NDE...   

Offline Cincinnatus

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:08:59 PM by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

I was prepared for "Heaven is for Real" to be hokey and hard to believe. Instead, I was touched to my core.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

I was prepared for "Heaven is for Real" to be hokey and hard to believe. Instead, I was touched to my core.

I was impressed with how his parents allowed him to reveal everything on his own in his own time rather than trying to put something into his head.   I think you will find the Doctor Alexander and Doctor Neal books very interesting as well.   The former being non-religious and the latter an elder in her Presbyterian congregation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf