Author Topic: Man Rushes Inside Burning Home to Rescue Beer  (Read 818 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Man Rushes Inside Burning Home to Rescue Beer
« on: October 26, 2013, 04:20:27 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/25/Man-Rushes-Inside-Burning-Home-To-Rescue-Beer

Man Rushes Inside Burning Home to Rescue Beer
by Jon David Kahn 25 Oct 2013

COLUMBUS, Ga. (WTVM) - There are moments in life when the mettle of a man is put to the test. When he is faced head on with a choice: courage or fear? When God puts the inexplicable in his path and whispers, "What's it gonna be?  Who are you?"

On Thursday afternoon at a house fire on 42nd St. near Oates Ave. in Columbus, Walter Serpit answered those questions unambiguously when officials say six adults and two young children were forced to evacuate a home after smoke began filling the room while they watched television. One of those adults was Walter Serpit. It wasn't until everyone had made it to safety that Walter, who walks with cane, realized there was something in the house that could not perish...or rather he would not let perish.  Not on his watch.

Walter Serpit walked back into a burning house and rescued his beer.

"I told them to get the kids out and everything, and me myself, being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out. I went back into the house like a dummy and the door shut on me because this back draft was about to kill me," said Serpit.

But was he dummy?  He saved several cans of beer and escaped without getting burned.  So I ask again: was he dummy? Or does Walter Serpit possess some form of transcendental fortitude that most of us could only hope to achieve?

The Red Cross arrived shortly after firefighters extinguished the flames. Officials believe a water heater may have been responsible for the blaze.

Serpit was told after the incident that beer is sold in stores.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Man Rushes Inside Burning Home to Rescue Beer
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »
With all the craziness going on in the world today, its nice to see a story that gives you hope that their is some sanity left.  Save the beer.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:07:57 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 08:29:02 pm »
 :patriot:

Mr. Serpit. Your priorities are correct.

Family out, beer out.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »
Mr. Serpit's mantra:

God is first
Family is second
Beer is third
and I am fourth
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:33:59 pm »
What brand was it? Something watery like Coors Light probably should have been left inside to douse the flames.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org