Author Topic: “Mr. President, I’m Leaving The Medical Field”: Hanging Up The White Coat: A Letter To President Obama  (Read 947 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Mr. President,

I was born at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. My mother would later take a job delivering babies in that same operating room only a couple years later. My parents got a divorce when I was young. There were many times during the summer when she would be forced to take my sister and me to work with her. I vividly remember the child version of myself walking the halls of the same floor I was born on in fascination as the years passed. The anesthesiologists used to bring us candy and watch movies with us. When the holidays came, a nurse by the name of Patty Vaughn (we called her Granny), would have bags of presents for my sister and me. Donna Smith, a surgical first assistant who came to America from Canada to work in a free-market healthcare system, use to babysit us....

Read more: http://benswann.com/mr-president-im-leaving-the-medical-field-hanging-up-the-white-coat-a-letter-to-president-obama/#ixzz2iqZNZ1VF
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter