Author Topic: Growing up poor is bad for your brain (so why does Obama want to bring 15 million poor from Mexico here? - rr)  (Read 931 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:41:17 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline olde north church

Life sucks.  More so if you are poor or stupid.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
such as substandard housing, crowding, noise, and social stressors like family turmoil, violence or family separation
It seems to me that these issues come primarily from URBAN poverty. I grew up relatively poor in a small town and experienced none of that. I turned out fairly well, thank you very much.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
It seems to me that these issues come primarily from URBAN poverty. I grew up relatively poor in a small town and experienced none of that. I turned out fairly well, thank you very much.

You don't seem to be a given democratic vote so they don't care about you. :whistle:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Yep. Rural poverty is a lot different. It makes you more resourceful and inventive, trying to do a dollars worth of tasks on a dime. Doesn't necessarily make you smarter - the smarts you are born with is the smarts you got - but it makes you exercise those smarts. Also exercised your body, constantly, and there is a well documented correlation between physical work and intelligence.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

[[ Growing Up Poor Is Bad for Your Brain ]]

Don' matter none.

Still got my EBT
Still got my food stamps.
Still got my ObamaPhone.
Still got my Section 8.
Still got my Medicaid.

You folks with good brains be payun' for all dat stuff!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf