Author Topic: Paul Ryan Co-Writing Bill Legalizing America's Illegal Immigrants  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/25/Paul-Ryan-writing-bill-legalizing-all-America-s-illegal-aliens

Paul Ryan Co-Writing Bill Legalizing America's Illegal Immigrants

by Matthew Boyle 25 Oct 2013, 4:58 PM PDT

House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) is writing a bill that would grant legal status to America’s at least 11 million illegal immigrants, The New York Times reports.

“Republican Representatives Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin and Mario Diaz-Balart of Florida have been working on legislation that includes a process by which immigrants here illegally could ‘get right with the law’ and eventually become citizens,” the Times’ Eric Lipton and Ashley Parker wrote on Friday in a piece about immigration reform.

While the Times reported here, and Politico reported on Friday morning, that the Speaker and other House GOP leadership figures are privately saying they do not expect a vote on immigration measures this year, publicly they say they want to hold a vote on something on the floor of the House.

Technically, there are only 19 legislative days left in 2013’s calendar for the House, so doing so would be difficult. But it appears, according to liberal blogger Greg Sargent, that the public appearance of immigration reform being “dead” may be a coordinated leak system from the House GOP leadership in order to distract conservatives.

“Either GOP leaders are leaking that there will be no vote, in order to quiet fears on the right while they decide what to vote on,” Sargent wrote on Friday. “Or they are letting it be known that they “hope” to have a vote, to defer any political fallout that might come from killing reform, in the full intention of doing just that. Take your pick.”

Sargent, a liberal blogger connected in Democratic Party circles, said aides to leftist lawmakers believe the House GOP leadership is faking this appearance of amnesty being “dead” to give them clearance to shore up support—all part of a plan to distract conservatives.

“For what it’s worth, Democratic aides and immigration reform advocates don’t believe House GOP leaders have made any decision to kill reform or on whether to hold votes this year,” Sargent wrote.

They think leaks are meant to buy maneuvering room while the various proposals – Eric Cantor’s Kids Act, which only gives citizenship to the DREAMers, or the piecemeal legalization proposal being worked on — take shape. This maneuvering room would also allow pro-reform Republicans time to bring other GOP lawmakers who are open to reform but are still steamed by the shutdown defeat — such as Raul Labrador — back into the fold.

The Times noted the difference between the public and private strategies from GOP leadership in its piece. “House Republican leaders, including Speaker John A. Boehner of Ohio and Representative Eric Cantor of Virginia, the majority leader, among others, support taking up their own immigration legislation this year, given that the Senate has already passed a comprehensive bill,” The Times wrote. “But privately, some House Republican officials are saying that they do not expect any major legislation to move through the House this year, or perhaps not even until 2015, in advance of the next presidential election. There is intense division within the party over the proposals.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Paul Ryan Co-Writing Bill Legalizing America's Illegal Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 04:55:44 am »
Ryan is also as useless as tits on a boar.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 07:15:45 am »
Some Republicans think Paul Ryan is fully awesome.  Like me.  I'm pretty certain I'll like what ever amnesty he comes up with.

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 07:24:05 am »
Paul Ryan is a rhino and I don't like rhinos.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:43 am »
Some Republicans think Paul Ryan is fully awesome.  Like me.  I'm pretty certain I'll like what ever amnesty he comes up with.

I'd be careful about investing in something I haven't seen yet... Just some friendly advice from a former Republican.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 06:26:59 pm »
I'd be careful about investing in something I haven't seen yet... Just some friendly advice from a former Republican.
This former conservative thanks you for the advice.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 07:22:27 pm »
Shocking, I tell you. Ryan is working on the same thing once signed into law, by the legendary Pres. Ronald Reagan, in 1986.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline raml

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »
I haven't liked any presidents amnesty bills or actions taken against illegals since Eisenhower. Not even Reagan was smart about this issue.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 09:37:41 pm »
Shocking, I tell you. Ryan is working on the same thing once signed into law, by the legendary Pres. Ronald Reagan, in 1986.

and how did THAT turn out........ remember we were told no more amnesty this was it, and the border would be closed.  Didn't quite work out that way.

'Fool me once - shame on me'
'Fool me twice - shame on you'
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 10:40:12 pm »
 :beer: Rap.

Just keepin' it real...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 10:47:45 pm »