Author Topic:  (Read 512 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: October 25, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
I'm pretty certain everyone here sees what this is - now.  You know how bad drivers have to get insurance through assigned risk... high cost policies because they know you are a poor risk and the rest of us have reasonable policies because are have good driving records, so are not as big a risk - so we get "insurance" - for just in case we do something or someone else does and we need insurance.

Under the "old" healthcare system the population with existing illnesses could still obtain insurance  - just at a higher fee like "assigned risk auto insurance."  While the rest of us could get insurance through our employers, unions, self-employment group policies, etc.... the elderly "had" medicare and the poor have had medicaid - and medicaid and medicare cannot kick you out for existing illnesses.  The only caveat in medicare is if you have renal failure (as I do) then you better purchase your secondary policy the day you are eligible for medicare - otherwise you will not get it later.  They also have a special area they place their renal patients who are what is called "end stage" - so those costs can be tracked...

Now along comes O-Care.  They say everyone come - everyone will be covered and you people who have chronic illnesses and were in high risk - we'll let you sign up, too and in addition we are going to mandate all policies pay for maternity, contraception, mental health and much more whether you want or need it or not... oh and we are going to have the healthy young people pay for you who are not healthy.  However they also (and stupidly) said all of you can stay on your parents policy until you're 26.  So now those "young" (and presumably healthy) won't even be signing up because so many are covered on mom or dad's policy.  And they did another thing that is just now going to start hitting home... you know that massive expansion of medicaid?  Well the old people are having the money supposed to be sitting there for medicare stripped and sent over to medicaid - so the people who paid into medicare are having their money stripped (and yes I know it is going broke) and sent over to a fund that no one paid into - ever.  And if you think there was fraud in medicare - you haven't seen anything yet with medicaid.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf