Author Topic: Charlie Rangel: I Deserve My Subsidy  (Read 1193 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Rangel: I Deserve My Subsidy
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:04:14 am »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/10/25/charlie_rangel_i_deserve_my_subsidy

Charlie Rangel: I Deserve My Subsidy
October 25, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: "Average Premiums for Young Women to Increase 193%."  So the regime's relentless War on Women continues.  From the article, "Overall, states averaged a 193% increase in premiums for 30-year-old female nonsmokers."  But, on the bright side, women now get free birth control pills, which, what, cost $12 a month?  Average premiums for young women age 30 to increase 193%.  Again, from the article, "For our hypothetical female subject, any salary above $36,052, or about 314 percent of [the federal poverty line] FPL, would preclude her from receiving premium subsidies."

Now, I will guarantee you that any person, male, female, earning 36 grand probably thought they were gonna get a subsidy.  This story says that women earning any salary above 36 will not receive subsidies for their premiums.  "It is at this level that our subject must pay the full amount for a bronze level insurance plan. Without any premium subsidies, our subject is expected to pay $236.58 per month for her coverage."

So nobody, folks, nobody, male or female, making over $36,000 will be eligible for any subsidies, unless you're a congressman or a staffer, and they get theirs.  They still get their subsidies.  In fact, grab somebody number five, Charlie Rangel.  This is Wednesday in Washington on Capitol Hill.  He was interviewed by the Cybercast News Service.  The question: "Earlier today, Congressman Barton on C-SPAN, who, like most members of Congress, makes $174,000, said that he gets a $10,800 taxpayer subsidy for his insurance, which most people who make his money would not ordinarily get in the private sector.  Do you think, Congressman Rangel, that members of Congress should be able to get that subsidy?"

RANGEL:  We should not be able to get any subsidy that anybody with a like profession, who’d be getting from any other employer, and it’s my understanding that the government’s contribution is on square with the type of job we have in the private sector.

JAMES BEATTIE: So no taxpayer money for health insurance to go on the exchanges at all?

RANGEL:  I didn’t say that. The federal government is our employer.

BEATTIE: Yeah, but do you think you should get that money to go to the exchanges?

RANGEL: No question about it.

BEATTIE:  All right.

RANGEL: We should not lose a part of our overall compensation. Of course not.

RUSH:  Of course not.  There's no question we should get our subsidy.  That's part of our compensation.  Of course we should get it.  So from this story -- it's in the Washington Free Beacon -- women making over $36,000 a year do not qualify for a subsidy.  Charlie Rangel at $174,000 a year, does.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Charlie Rangel: I Deserve My Subsidy
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 12:18:01 am »
I would tell you what you deserve Charlie but I would loose my posting privileges and you aren't worth it!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 03:08:45 am »
 O-care is not healthcare it is a government subsidized RISK policy. for people who cannot get insurance anywhere else and the rest of us have to be brought down to pay for the Risk pool.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 03:10:14 am »
BTW you really want to get angry - watch Megyn Kelly's show in re-run next hour.  She had that liberal black guy Fox hired who us an absolute ass on and then a couple of guests later Rahm Emanuel's brother - you know the guy who conceived this danged thing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 03:24:38 am »
I would tell you what you deserve Charlie but I would loose my posting privileges and you aren't worth it!

Nah, you wouldn't lose 'em; you'd probably get elevated privileges for a little while, if anything!