Author Topic: GOP lawmakers threaten subpoena for ObamaCare documents  (Read 1980 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP lawmakers threaten subpoena for ObamaCare documents
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/330613-gop-threatens-to-subpoena-obamacare-documents

GOP lawmakers threaten subpoena for ObamaCare documents
By Elise Viebeck - 10/25/13 11:15 AM ET

Leading Republican lawmakers are threatening to issue a subpoena for documents related to ObamaCare's rocky rollout unless federal health officials supply them by Monday night.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Senate Health Committee Ranking Member Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) shot off a critical letter Friday after the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) missed a deadline to provide lawmakers with information.

Addressing HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, the Republicans accused her and her deputies of misleading Congress when they said the dysfunctional enrollment site would function normally on Oct. 1.

Issa and Alexander called Friday's missed deadline a "troubling indication" that Sebelius is "refusing to hold people accountable" for the site's failures.

The Obama administration is under intense pressure to fix HealthCare.gov before its problems create a drag on enrollment under the healthcare law.

Republicans have severely criticized the rollout, launched a series of investigations and called for Sebelius to step down.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: GOP lawmakers threaten subpoena for ObamaCare documents
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:03:28 pm »
Why threaten? Just do it!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »

Because the GOPe are all hat and no cattle, they just paw at the ground and stand in place.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »
Because the GOPe are all hat and no cattle, they just paw at the ground and stand in place.

They wait for the grassroots to rise up and do their work for them. Then, they act like they are the ones who initiated actually doing something.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 08:33:14 pm »
They wait for the grassroots to rise up and do their work for them. Then, they act like they are the ones who initiated actually doing something.

Which is exactly what is taking place this week. All of a sudden all the Democrats want to do what the Tea Party was pushing two weeks ago (if outright repeal was not possible) and the media would have you think it is the Democrats idea - and, of course Boehner, McConnell, McCain, etc. are all quiet as little church mice.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 08:34:24 pm »

That's my first thought. Don't give them the opportunity to react with warnings, just file it and give them the minimum amount of required time to respond.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:35:05 pm »

I know, I had to laugh when I read this headline for that reason.   

(Gosh, I hope I didn't offend the three or four GOPe supporters here.  I wouldn't want them to feel "isolated, ignored, or ridiculed").   :nometalk:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:37:28 pm »
I know, I had to laugh when I read this headline for that reason.   

(Gosh, I hope I didn't offend the three or four GOPe supporters here.  I wouldn't want them to feel "isolated, ignored, or ridiculed").   :nometalk:

I swear these guys could take a gift wrapped package and throw it away.  There is not a critical thinker anywhere in "leadership."

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 08:41:50 pm »
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Senate Health Committee Ranking Member Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) shot off a critical letter Friday after the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) missed a deadline to provide lawmakers with information.

Lamar Alexander?   Oh!  My sides!!!   :rolling:

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »

:silly:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »
Lamar Alexander?   Oh!  My sides!!!   :rolling:

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 09:01:00 pm »
That's my first thought. Don't give them the opportunity to react with warnings, just file it and give them the minimum amount of required time to respond.

Maybe that's considered a little too... Ted Cruz-ish for today's GOP. :terror:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 09:03:05 pm »
Maybe that's considered a little too... Ted Cruz-ish for today's GOP. :terror:

After all the teeth gnashing of two weeks ago they don't want to admit he was right. 

Isn't it interesting at all his venues in TX this week Cruz received extended standing ovations and McCain went to a Townhall here in AZ and had a hostile audience.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 01:42:23 am »
[[ Why threaten? Just do it! ]]

Unfortunately, the current history of D.C. is:
Republicans threaten.
democrats do.