Author Topic: DNC chief: Democrats can run and win on ObamaCare in 2014  (Read 1475 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DNC chief: Democrats can run and win on ObamaCare in 2014
« on: October 25, 2013, 03:31:21 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/330591-dnc-chair-obamacare-website-glitches-wont-hurt-dems-in-2014

DNC chief: Democrats can run and win on ObamaCare in 2014
By Alexandra Jaffe - 10/25/13 09:57 AM ET

Democrats will be able to run on ObamaCare and win in 2014, the party chairwoman's insisted Friday.

Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) said the troubled rollout of ObamaCare's enrollment website, which has frustrated thousands trying to enter the site and bruised the administration, won't hurt Democats in next year's mid-term elections.

"Democrats will run on the Affordable Care Act and win," Wasserman Schultz said.

Speaking to reporters after an address to the DNC's Women Leadership Forum on Friday, Wasserman Schultz said the law will help the party with female voters because of the benefits women will receive under the healthcare law.

"No, on the contrary, we know that women are already benefiting significantly from the part of ObamaCare that's already been implemented," she said.

Wasserman Schultz cited the ability of women to receive free birth control and preventative care under the law as examples.

A number of Democrats have signaled worries about the law and the web site.

Ten Democratic senators signed a letter on Friday urging Health and Human Service Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to extend the deadline for enrolling to make sure people unable to access ObamaCare's enrollment website will have time to do so.

Republicans have also hammered Democrats on the issue. The National Republican Congressional Committee on Thursday launched a series of radio ads focused on the web site that target vulnerable House Democrats. The ads are meant to appeal to female voters.

Wasserman Schultz said she doesn't think an extension of the enrollment period will be necessary.

"We fully expect that that won't be necessary, because the kinks that have occurred through the website are being worked on and are being ironed out," she said.

She pointed to the "tech surge" — the team of experts and programmers called in to fix the sites — and said it "is already showing signs of being effective."

Democrats need 17 seats to pick up the House — a tall order in a midterm election, when turnout is lower than in a presidential election.

But Wasserman Schultz argued the government shutdown and debt ceiling fight has hurt Republicans and will resonate with voters next year.

"Oh, absolutely," she said. "I think so. Yes."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Olivia

Re: DNC chief: Democrats can run and win on ObamaCare in 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:36:06 pm »
Apparently, Debbie lives in some kind of alternate universe.  She reminds me of that guy in Iraq that tried to put on a happy face when our troops were already in the streets.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 04:21:28 pm »

I think everyone who believes that Obamacare is a great deal already vote DemocRAT...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:23:10 pm »
Apparently, Debbie lives in some kind of alternate universe.  She reminds me of that guy in Iraq that tried to put on a happy face when our troops were already in the streets.

Baghdad Bob?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

Exactly.  Debbie and Nancy Pelosi, who also does that--they're cut from the same cloth.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 06:11:36 pm »
That's funny. They could have run on it in 2012, but didn't. Instead, they relied on a mass distraction campaign.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »

Debbie lives in a world where she can say absolutely anything and a powerful media will either confirm it, spin it, or if what she said is too outrageous, the media will cover it, or ignore it. That is to say, Debbie has no fear when speaking.

I honestly believe there is a good chance they CAN run and win on Obamacare. That is what I think of the American public. I think the public can be told to ignore what they see, and they'll do it. I present November 2012 as evidence.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 06:18:14 pm »
I think the Democrats are going to gain ground in 2014. I don't know how much or where, but that is what I think will happen.

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 06:23:04 pm »
I think the Democrats are going to gain ground in 2014. I don't know how much or where, but that is what I think will happen.

You know, I think you're right. You have to take pleasure where you can find it, or you end up bitter, in a shed, writing a manuscript.

Here is my pleasure. I'm going to enjoy watching the State grow and take ever more control of people's lives. I'm older, so controlling me isn't hard, I don't really need much. But, younger people, it's going to be a hoot to listen to them when they finally get all that they wanted.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 01:09:44 pm »
The "Bizarro America" where an arrogant Secretary can haughtily claim she need not resign but a service rep is fired for pleasantly telling the truth.

#BizarroAmerica
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.