Author Topic: "Thanks a lot to Obama our foodstamps went down...."  (Read 4110 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
"Thanks a lot to Obama our foodstamps went down...."
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:33:41 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/Poohbear.lacy/posts/426129010820059

She isn't the only one:

Susan Holmes I agree I went from 638.00 to 602.00 a month. It f*****g sucks
October 17 at 2:28pm

However, check out the comments from most of her friends...

Offline happyg

Re: "Thanks a lot to Obama our foodstamps went down...."
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:07:37 pm »
I went to her page, and she is married. She said so in her information status.

Heather Nicole Lacy

April 1 via mobile.

I hate being married to someone who thinks that money and sex is the most important thing in a marriage especially when they get mad when you dont have sex with them and they try to punish u by being hateful or not giving u money to buy something.I know for sure that is not what we need to be worrying about because we already have three kids to take care that's enough to handle for one person to handle

Liberal_Spy

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:14:37 pm »

$1,100 bucks a month in food stamps and complaining?

Wow, what a sense of entitlement!

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 02:15:13 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/us/politics/house-passes-bill-cutting-40-billion-from-food-stamps.html?_r=0

Maybe she should blame the right people.

Here, let me play the liberal game: NYT?! That's not a source, it's part of the WH propaganda machine! Get a real source.

By the way, this Lacy person is too stupid to understand who is doing what to her.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 02:24:13 pm »

That does sound like a lot. One of the posts on Facebook says it was actually a typo, and that one of the 1s shouldn't be there. Not sure how legitimate that is.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »
All liberal sources! Bah!

(Isn't this game fun?)

What do you expect from a liberal who is totally clueless.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 06:25:43 pm »
What do you expect from a liberal who is totally clueless.

You think all liberals are clueless, no?

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:09 pm »

Some have the potential to get a clue. Others are completely aware of what their policies wrought.

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 06:38:48 pm »
Some have the potential to get a clue. Others are completely aware of what their policies wrought.

I'd agree with that. Some liberals, for a variety of reasons, are so fearful and jealous of those who take advantage of liberty that they wish to see all lives ruled by the state.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 06:42:37 pm »
Don't know if it's a typo or not but fuming at what goes on around here at the first of the month.  Grocery carts loaded to the top with expensive cuts of meat.

One woman had two carts completely loaded, checked out the same time that I did, went outside and got into a big black SUV with a man reading the newspaper while she shopped.

He did manage to get out and help her load the SUV with all their free goodies.
Guess that's why he could afford the expensive vehicle.

Another woman made the news when she had her purse stolen and was complaining that her EBT card was in the purse with over six hundred dollars left on it.

I have friends that were laid off from work and barely making ends meet.  They get no help what-so-ever. 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 06:43:25 pm »
I was under the impression that I was more open minded, polite, and ready to work for common ground than most liberals you guys encounter, but I could be completely off.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 06:45:27 pm »

You are intellectually incurious and only here to try and covert some posters to your third party OWS way of thinking.  You ignore anything presented to you that would actually increase your world view beyond the liberal indoctrination you have received in college... what makes me shudder is you plan to be a professor and will be in a position to push your liberalism on other young minds.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 06:49:26 pm »
what makes me shudder is you plan to be a professor and will be in a position to push your liberalism on other young minds.

I'm going to be a history professor. My political views will have nothing to do with it.

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:49 pm »
I'd like a few government assistants!  It would make work, parenting, yardwork, etc. easier!
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 07:21:48 pm »
Don't know if it's a typo or not but fuming at what goes on around here at the first of the month.  Grocery carts loaded to the top with expensive cuts of meat.

One woman had two carts completely loaded, checked out the same time that I did, went outside and got into a big black SUV with a man reading the newspaper while she shopped.

He did manage to get out and help her load the SUV with all their free goodies.
Guess that's why he could afford the expensive vehicle.

Another woman made the news when she had her purse stolen and was complaining that her EBT card was in the purse with over six hundred dollars left on it.

I have friends that were laid off from work and barely making ends meet.  They get no help what-so-ever.

Don't get me started. There is an entire black market business around food stamps and government assistance fraud. I've been investigating it for a while and plan an article when I can but it is crazy. The amount of money that exchanges hands for people who supposedly live in poverty is staggering.  They are literally stealing food out of the mouths of people who are truly suffering and who the safety net was originally intended.

Offline happyg

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 07:26:15 pm »
Don't get me started. There is an entire black market business around food stamps and government assistance fraud. I've been investigating it for a while and plan an article when I can but it is crazy. The amount of money that exchanges hands for people who supposedly live in poverty is staggering.  They are literally stealing food out of the mouths of people who are truly suffering and who the safety net was originally intended.

Check the local taverns. People sell food stamps all the time in bars. Also, bars are busy at the first of the month, or when checks arrive.

Offline ABX

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 07:27:48 pm »
Check the local taverns. People sell food stamps all the time in bars. Also, bars are busy at the first of the month, or when checks arrive.

I've found this being run out of churches.

Offline collins

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 09:34:11 pm »
and Craigslist sometimes. ^

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it's a typo, lol - she must have put "an extra one" in twice. Pathetic.

All this is is the expiration of an increase in food stamp payments from a few years ago. It was supposely supposed to "stimulate the economy", and it did (the underground one).

Offline raml

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 09:42:30 pm »
Good grief my daughter in law has 4 kids to feed and she does it on about $450 a month she is very careful buys meat in bulk and watches all the sales $1106 is an enormous budget for 3 kids. New York can't be that much higher on the cost of food. Even $600 is way to much.

Offline Jerald

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 09:30:42 pm »
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323808204579085690494385608

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/09/19/house-to-vote-on-cutting-40-billion-in-food-stamps

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/us/politics/house-passes-bill-cutting-40-billion-from-food-stamps.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/23/stateline-food-stamps/2854121/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/19/food-stamp-cuts_n_3957509.html

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/these-republicans-who-voted-to-cut-food-stamps-personally-re

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57603776/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/28/us-usa-foodstamps-states-idUSBRE98R0EE20130928

Misleading a bit.  The House and the Senate voted to cut the program.  But since they havn't put the bills together and the President hasn't signed the bill those stories have not one thing to do with this story.  This is based on a law passed in 2009 than increased amounts during the recession.  It was always intended to sunset at this point in time.  Since the Republicans has no control of Congress or the White House you don't get to blame them using a bill that has yet to become law this year.  :P

Offline Jerald

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »
All liberal sources! Bah!

(Isn't this game fun?)

Not a thing wrong with using the NYT's here.  I agree they tend to slant to the left but the basic facts and numbers are correct just as with the others he used here.   

Offline Relic

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 08:58:59 pm »
Not a thing wrong with using the NYT's here.  I agree they tend to slant to the left but the basic facts and numbers are correct just as with the others he used here.

That wasn't the point. The point was, I dismissed the information without looking, saying they were all liberal sources. Just like liberals do if you cite Fox News.