Author Topic: Three babysitters watched as boy, 3, died from cruel punishment called 'The Wrap' - 'where he suffocated after being tied up in SIX blankets'  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2474876/Babysitters-watched-Michael-Lee-McMullen-3-died-cruel-punishment-called-The-Wrap.html

Three babysitters watched as boy, 3, died from cruel punishment called 'The Wrap' - 'where he suffocated after being tied up in SIX blankets'

Donella Trainor, 45 and Douglas Garrigus, 21, charged with manslaughter
    Grandmother Gale Watkins 56, was also charged for the toddler's death
    They 'pinned boy's arms to his side and rolled him in a king-sized blanket'
    Garrigus said he could hear the boy crying and hyperventilating

By Jill Reilly

PUBLISHED: 07:07 EST, 24 October 2013 | UPDATED: 09:32 EST, 24 October 2013

Horrifying: Michael McMullen died after being wrapped up in a blanket as a punishment

Three babysitters watched as a three-year-old boy died in a cruel punishment called 'The Wrap' - where he suffocated after being tightly covered in a blanket.

Manslaughter charges were filed against Donella Trainor, 45; Douglas Garrigus, 21; and the child's grandmother, Gale Watkins, 56, according to a Lee County Sheriff's lieutenant.

Trainor, a friend of the boy's grandmother, told investigators she had disciplined her own grandchildren that way, using a technique all three adults knew as 'the wrap,' Lieutenant Larry King said.

He said she pinned the boy's arms to his side and rolled him in a king-sized blanket.

'There were six layers of cloth over this child. The loose ends would be folded over his head and feet and tied into a knot, all in an effort to prevent the child from moving,' King said.

'You could use a mummy reference.'

The boy, Michael Lee McMullen, screamed and pleaded to be released as Trainor wrapped him and put him in his crib for a nap on Saturday, the sheriff's report said.

The boy's grandmother, and his stepfather, Garrigus, checked on him at different times as he cried and struggled, the report said.

At one point, Garrigus said he could hear the boy crying and hyperventilating, the sheriff's office said.

Trainor returned, found the knot loose and retied it, then put pillows around the child, the report said.

She later found him unresponsive and soaked in sweat, it said.

Paramedics took him to a hospital in Fort Myers on Florida's southwest coast where he was declared dead, and the medical examiner classified the death as a homicide.

The exact cause was still pending, King said.

Trainor, Watkins and Garrigus were charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child.

Trainor, 45, was also charged with aggravated child abuse 'for the torture and unlawful caging' of the boy, King said

Watkins had custody of her grandson because the child's mother had been involved in domestic violence, and Trainor was helping her care for him, King said.

All three suspects were arrested and jailed on Tuesday.

Bond was set on Wednesday at $300,000 for Trainor and $250,000 each for Watkins and Garrigus.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

Reading these stories got a lot worse after I became a dad. This is exactly why I don't trust anybody with my son. People are sadistic and insane.

Offline sinkspur

Manslaughter?  What about murder?

Trailer park trash are too effing stupid to be allowed around children.  This poor little guy struggled, and this detritus was no doubt drooling over how much fun it was to watch this kid struggle.

There are people who would PAY to get these three alone in a room with a baseball bat.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Manslaughter?  What about murder?

Trailer park trash are too effing stupid to be allowed around children.  This poor little guy struggled, and this detritus was no doubt drooling over how much fun it was to watch this kid struggle.

There are people who would PAY to get these three alone in a room with a baseball bat.

Absolutely murder!  May as well put cement shoes on the kid and thrown him in a lake.  What a disgusting, horrible story, and yes, I'm trying, convicting, and EXECUTING the ghouls who did this before a trial. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Liberal_Spy

I'd give that pleasure to the parents.

Offline Carling

I'd give that pleasure to the parents.

I'm the type of dad that would want that opportunity, and would gladly to go prison for it.  Just like I'd like a swing or two at the cops who slaughtered the boy with the toy gun. 

Liberal_Spy

I'm the type of dad that would want that opportunity, and would gladly to go prison for it.  Just like I'd like a swing or two at the cops who slaughtered the boy with the toy gun.

Same. My little man is my entire universe. I'd be that lunatic that lost it and killed whoever was responsible in the middle of a court room.

Offline Carling

Same. My little man is my entire universe. I'd be that lunatic that lost it and killed whoever was responsible in the middle of a court room.

I have two girls, so that may hold me back from going full homicide.  Still, if some monster knowingly harmed one of my girls, let alone killed them for no reason, I'd get my revenge, somehow, and would serve some time for it if need be.

Liberal_Spy

I have two girls, so that may hold me back from going full homicide.  Still, if some monster knowingly harmed one of my girls, let alone killed them for no reason, I'd get my revenge, somehow, and would serve some time for it if need be.

Yeah, it might be different if I had two. I hate to even think of the situation, but for me it just wouldn't matter anymore. All I'd care about is making that person pay dearly. Parental instincts are not to be f***** with.