Author Topic: Congress Deliberately Misnames Law To Mislead Public By VICTOR DAVIS HANSON  (Read 646 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

:thumbsup:

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

What? I thought Dr Krauthammer said these were among Liberalism's "great achievements":
Come to think of it when it comes to Liberalism he may be right.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,117578.msg475851.html#msg475851

I didn't even watch The Five this afternoon because they decided to interview CK for the show... if he thinks the New Deal is a conservative plan I don't not ever want someone to tell me he is a conservative - he is still the same person who wrote for Mondale and worked in the Carter Administration.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
I didn't even watch The Five this afternoon because they decided to interview CK for the show... if he thinks the New Deal is a conservative plan I don't not ever want someone to tell me he is a conservative - he is still the same person who wrote for Mondale and worked in the Carter Administration.
It was only conservative inasmuch as it was marginally further to the right of Huey Long's plan, which was to impose a national salary/wealth cap and seize people's assets. In fact, Social Security was one of the tenets of Long's plan.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:50:15 PM by jmyrlefuller »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
My favorite misnamed law?  The so-called PATRIOT Act - it is nothing of the sort.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
My favorite misnamed law?  The so-called PATRIOT Act - it is nothing of the sort.
One of the good things about New York is that the Constitution here mandates that all laws be given a title that accurately reflects the law's contents. That doesn't mean lawmakers still don't use spin or acronyms (ahem, SAFE Act), but I have to laugh at how much sillier some of the federal law titles are.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf