Author Topic: Dr. Milton Wolf, Second Cousin of President Obama, Announces Primary Challenge Against Pat Roberts (Obama's Cousin is Tea Party)  (Read 6385 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Milton Wolf is a tea party activist, radiologist and distant relative of President Obama. Now, he's a candidate for the Senate. Dr. Wolf announced his primary challenge against Pat Roberts on October 8th. Find out why Dr. Wolf is opposed to Obamacare, and why he wants to replace Senator Pat Roberts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JX2d46upng&feature=share&list=UUWq53_f3zgMcWuE-XFKSpyQ

Offline sinkspur

This is a waste of time.  Like Mike Enzi, Pat Roberts is a reliable conservative. 

Dr. Wolf is an opportunist and has no solid rationale for running.  He won't win.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

This is a waste of time.  Like Mike Enzi, Pat Roberts is a reliable conservative. 

Dr. Wolf is an opportunist and has no solid rationale for running.  He won't win.

Any chance to have an option that hasn't been a part of the establishment is good. If anything, it will keep Roberts on his toes and know he has to keep standing by principles because his re-election won't be a shoe-in.

Offline aligncare

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I have not viewed the video, what's the gist of it?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

The problem with an incumbent like Pat Roberts who's been in the Senate for 32 years is he's run out of ideas, he lacks the passion he once had, he's just going through the motions. He's punching the clock until retirement.

It's happened to all of us at one time or another. He's at the end of a long career; he's burned out.

He's part of the establishment now. Therefore he's part of the problem and it's time for him to go.

On the other hand, Milton Wolf gets it.

Offline Rapunzel

The problem with an incumbent like Pat Roberts who's been in the Senate for 32 years is he's run out of ideas, he lacks the passion he once had, he's just going through the motions. He's punching the clock until retirement.

It's happened to all of us at one time or another. He's at the end of a long career; he's burned out.

He's part of the establishment now. Therefore he's part of the problem and it's time for him to go.

And that is the problem... the founders never meant for anyone to make a career out of congress.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

What is your evidence for this allegation?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

I have not viewed the video, what's the gist of it?

Listen to Milton Wolf's passion. He understands Washington is broken and that we are on the precipice. That's the gist of it. That's why he wants to be the next senator from Kansas. Pat Roberts isn't getting it done.

Offline Rapunzel

Listen to Milton Wolf's passion. He understands Washington is broken and that we are on the precipice. That's the gist of it. That's why he wants to be the next senator from Kansas. Pat Roberts isn't getting it done.

I would hazzard a guess if you mentioned Roberts name 2/3 of the country would say "who"
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

I do agree that anyone that's been in Washington for decades...is part of the problem.  They need to go.

Offline alicewonders

I would hazzard a guess if you mentioned Roberts name 2/3 of the country would say "who"

I would be one of those people, don't think I've ever heard of him.   :shrug:

Offline Cincinnatus

What is your evidence for this allegation?  :silly:

He has none. That is why he has left this thread only to move on and engage in ad hominem arguments, the only arrow in his quiver, elsewhere.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Olivia

It's a disgrace to be in Washington for that many years!  We do need new people, new ideas, but some of these like Pat Roberts feel the seat is a throne and they have no intention of relinquishing their crown.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline aligncare

Exactly, Olivia. People like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, Barack Obama present a unique, and dangerous situation for the republic. These times call for new blood, new passion, new constitutionalists especially in the Senate, where for several years, perhaps decades that's where good ideas and good legislation have gone to die.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've been reading Dr. Wolf's columns in The Washington Times for years now.

He gets it.

I believe he's got a good shot at ousting Roberts.

Offline ABX

Offline aligncare

Wolf's message is straightforward and one that I agree with. Unless you think he's lying why wouldn't a conservative/libertarian vote for this guy against Roberts, an entrenched, establishment politician?

Offline happyg

Sen. Pat Roberts Sees Spike in Facebook Support... from Istanbul

Breitbart News has learned that the Facebook page for the re-election campaign of U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS) saw an early October spike in support from youths in Istanbul, Turkey.

According to public analytics on Roberts’ Facebook page revealing statistics about who “likes” the page, Roberts’ page had just 54 “likes” at the beginning of October. Over the next 10 days, however, that number shot up to 2,087 “likes” as of Oct. 11. According to a screen shot taken on Oct. 16 obtained by Breitbart News, the “Most Popular City” for “likes” at that point was Istanbul, Turkey, a major city in the Middle East. The “Most Popular Age Group” was 18-24 years old.

Roberts’ campaign spokeswoman Sarah Little confirmed the unusual revelation to Breitbart News, saying in a statement on Monday that the campaign is unsure how it happened.

“We noticed the unusual nature of the likes last week after we encouraged supporters to like and share the campaign page,” Little said in an email. “The campaign did not authorize or pay for anything to explain this result. Our focus has been to grow likes and shares among Kansans.”

After this development came to the campaign’s attention, the number of “likes” has dropped significantly back down to 356 as of Oct. 14. The “Most Popular City” has now become Wichita, Kansas. Little did not specify what the campaign did, if anything, to change these analytics.

Roberts is facing re-election next year. Milton Wolf, a doctor who is a distant cousin of President Barack Obama and who became involved in the conservative movement in opposition to Obamacare, recently announced a primary challenge to Roberts.

“That's pretty funny but I doubt young people in Istanbul will continue to support Pat Roberts once they learn he voted twice to confirm Kathleen Sebelius to run ObamaCare,” Wolf told Breitbart News by email when asked about Roberts’ Istanbul youth Facebook support spike.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/21/U-S-Sen-Pat-Roberts-sees-random-exorbitant-spike-in-Facebook-support-from-Istanbul-youth

Offline ABX

I wouldn't read too much into the Istanbul issue. I've seen similar things with Facebook pages I run that are completely non-political. Suddenly you'll have a spike in likes from odd areas. I think it may be surges of fake accounts used to give other pages 'likes'.  Someone or a group creates hundreds of fake accounts then start mass liking pages to increase those fake account's influence. They probably just chose to do this to lots of politicians, senators in bulk for example.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:05:34 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That will teach Roberts to sign the defund pledge, back Cruz on cloture, and vote against the shutdown deal.  Get rid of this loser Tea Party.

Offline aligncare

That will teach Roberts to sign the defund pledge, back Cruz on cloture, and vote against the shutdown deal.  Get rid of this loser Tea Party.

“That's pretty funny but I doubt young people in Istanbul will continue to support Pat Roberts once they learn he voted twice to confirm Kathleen Sebelius to run ObamaCare...”

[Pat Roberts] A go-along-to-get-along establishment Republican, with votes all over the map. Kathleen Sebelius was endorsed by planned parenthood and is "staunchly pro-choice" – her words. Kansas City Archbishop Joseph Fred Naumann asked that Sebelius no longer receive Holy Communion because of her position on abortion.

What is a supposedly conservative Republican doing voting twice to confirm Kathleen Sebelius for Health and Human Services secretary–of all positions!

Her record — chief lobbyist for Kansas trial lawyers; received a "D" from the Cato Institute on their fiscal policy report card which measures the fiscal performance of US governors, proposed raising sales, property, and income taxes; her "unintentional" errors on her personal tax returns— is patchy at best. Yet Roberts voted to confirm her—twice.

Offline sinkspur

Did you watch the video, sink?

I don't give a damn about any video.

This insanity of these tea partiers seeking to oust a reliable conservative is outrageous.

Like that idiot Bevins whose company is the recipient of a government bailout and who couldn't decide between George W. Bush and John Kerry in 2004, so he voted for.........nobody.

Go ahead.  Pour your money down a rat hole.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

Offline aligncare

Look, my position is really quite simple. The Republican Party no longer represents my interest. So, I'd like to see as many of the SENATE old guard gone as possible, to make room for young constitutionalists.

Nothing personal against Roberts—I don't know the man personally. He's just been in the Senate too long.