Author Topic: Howard Dean: 'You Gotta Blame' The GOP For Some Of Obamacare's Glitches  (Read 3029 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/howard-dean-you-gotta-blame-the-republicans-for-some-of-obamacare-s-problems

Tom Kludt – October 24, 2013, 6:49 AM EDT2800

Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean (D) contended Thursday that Republicans deserve some of the blame for the Affordable Care Act's bumpy rollout.

The former Democratic National Committee chair and 2004 presidential aspirant told the panel on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that Republicans "delayed" the law considerably, which he said has contributed to the problematic launch. Dean also said that the 36 states that did not set up their own health exchanges should have been divied up into four or five different regions, to avoid relying on one single source.

"I think it's a problem, I think the fundamental mistake that was made — well, first of all, in fairness you gotta blame the Republicans for some of this because they delayed everything they possibly could, threw as many monkey wrenches into the process as they could, and there's some success here," Dean said.

"But the truth is, what the Obama administration should have done is divide the 36 states that are on the federal exchange up into four or five regions, do it the way the government does health care. And then put each of these regions out to bid, so you don't have one single contractor who, if they screw up, screws up the whole system, which is what's happened."

He added that the Obama administration was forced to set up a single federal marketplace "because the Republican governors refused to accept exchanges.

"The states with exchanges are doing pretty well," he said. "There's some glitches. They're not big. A lot of people are gonna be able to get their insurance in the 14 states that have their own exchanges."

Co-host Willie Geist asked Dean if he was really blaming the GOP for the glitches that have troubled the federal exchange website, HealthCare.gov.

"Well, not directly, but they did slow the process down considerably and that time does make a difference in the website," Dean said. "I think the fundamental flaw was not having multiple districts and multiple bidders and multiple contractors working on this because then what you could have done if one contractor screwed up, as this one clearly has, you could actually just use a different exchange in a different region."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: Howard Dean: 'You Gotta Blame' The GOP For Some Of Obamacare's Glitches
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »
What a f*cktard.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:14:58 pm »
The delay caused the problems??

Is he kidding????

What everyone is saying is that they needed MORE TIME.

If the Republicans had succeeded in delaying it, then it should have worked BETTER.

Idiot!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »
What a f*cktard.

As long as it works, the 'blame the Republicans' excuse will get used over and over and over and...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 02:47:50 pm »
"But the truth is, what the Obama administration should have done is divide the 36 states that are on the federal exchange up into four or five regions, do it the way the government does health care.

What the 0bama administration should have done is to divide the 36 states into 36 states, let them make their own decisions, and stayed out of health insurance and health care.

He added that the Obama administration was forced to set up a single federal marketplace "because the Republican governors refused to accept exchanges.

The Republican governors abided by the law.  If 0bama didn't like the outcome of the states' options under the law, he shouldn't have signed the law.

"Well, not directly, but they did slow the process down considerably and that time does make a difference in the website," Dean said.

I notice he didn't make any specific charges of *how* the Republicans slowed things down.  On the other hand, it has been reported that the 0bama admin slowed things down by waiting until after the 2012 elections to issue rules for the exchanges so they could benefit politically.  I don't imagine Duma$$ Dean will address that minor point.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 02:51:56 pm »
Rep. Pallone, and NJ democrat, went on a tirade a few minutes ago, blaming the republicans for everything! He looked like a fool sitting in the chamber, where he was supposed to questioning the creators of the Website, and instead screamed accusations at republicans. He turned the Hearings into a show trial.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 02:54:22 pm »
How much longer will it be before the "Tea Party" starts getting the blame?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 02:57:16 pm »
How much longer will it be before the "Tea Party" starts getting the blame?

Oh, I think the Tea Party is being set up for a false-flag incident...

Re: Alan Grayson doubles down, warns tea party could use violence like KKK
Setting the Tea Party up for a false-flag operation, they are...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 02:57:46 pm »
As long as it works, the 'blame the Republicans' excuse will get used over and over and over and...

You're absolutely right. The same goes for blaming the Democrats, and so the never ending tug of war continues.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 03:01:54 pm »
Oh, I think the Tea Party is being set up for a false-flag incident...

Re: Alan Grayson doubles down, warns tea party could use violence like KKK

If there were a single liberal on earth who was actually an ADULT, they couldn't get away with this.

Accept responsibility for what YOU did, and the mistakes YOU made??

It's not in the leftist playbook.

And the Tea Party is the scapegoat du jour for the incompetence of liberalism.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 03:10:27 pm »
You're absolutely right. The same goes for blaming the Democrats, and so the never ending tug of war continues.

Not one republican voted for Obamacare, and very few democrats voted against it.   This is the democrats baby-let them take the heat.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »
Not one republican voted for Obamacare, and very few democrats voted against it.   This is the democrats baby-let them take the heat.

That's fine; I have no problems with the democrats going down with the ship they built, but I wanted to make the point that pointing fingers and placing the entirety of blame on the other party is a tactic both sides use. I feel this is what leads to such huge schisms between the left and right. There are people on both sides that think everybody on the other side is the lowest form of human filth imaginable.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:13:30 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 03:47:10 pm »

Exactly, Lipstick.

Not ONE Republican bears responsibility for this monstrosity.

It's a LIBERAL baby, through and through.

They can try all they want to say it's the other guy's fault (which they do, because they're all badly behaved children), but this one is ENTIRELY on their shoulders.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 05:20:45 pm »
That's fine; I have no problems with the democrats going down with the ship they built, but I wanted to make the point that pointing fingers and placing the entirety of blame on the other party is a tactic both sides use. I feel this is what leads to such huge schisms between the left and right. There are people on both sides that think everybody on the other side is the lowest form of human filth imaginable.

Try sticking to the thread topic.  As lips said Democrats are 100% responsible for this... 100%!!! 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 06:08:23 pm »
What the 0bama administration should have done is to divide the 36 states into 36 states, let them make their own decisions.

That's exactly why he DIDN'T do it, that's the way it was - and it was working - :Odance: except in the minds of liberals and progressives,

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »
What the 0bama administration should have done is to divide the 36 states into 36 states, let them make their own decisions, and stayed out of health insurance and health care.

Or the 57 states, depending on how you count them...

rangerrebew

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 09:14:31 pm »

It will work until the cows come home because of the media.  Unless republicans get off their wimpy behinds, the blame game will continue. :truce:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:15:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 10:02:15 pm »
Exactly, Lipstick.

Not ONE Republican bears responsibility for this monstrosity.

It's a LIBERAL baby, through and through.

They can try all they want to say it's the other guy's fault (which they do, because they're all badly behaved children), but this one is ENTIRELY on their shoulders.
There is one, and he sits on the Chief Justice's chair of the Supreme Court.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 10:04:46 pm »

You're assuming Roberts is a Republican. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 01:07:12 am »

Not quite accurate.

It was an entirely Democrat Congress who passed it.  Roberts only screwed with the Constitution to agree with what they did.

He aided and abetted, but it's still a completely liberal baby.  Their conception.  Their nurturing.  Their giving birth.

It's ALL theirs.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 02:22:51 am »
[[ Howard Dean: 'You Gotta Blame' The GOP For Some Of Obamacare's Glitches ]]

It's enough to make you scream!
Right, Howie?

rangerrebew

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 05:04:43 pm »

It's enough to make you scream!

Good one! 000hehehehe