Author Topic: Dozens of lawmakers call for resignation of HHS secretary  (Read 853 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dozens of lawmakers call for resignation of HHS secretary
« on: October 24, 2013, 01:30:58 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/330315-three-dozen-lawmakers-call-on-sebelius-to-resign

By Rebecca Shabad - 10/24/13 08:11 AM ET

Rep. John Fleming (R-La.) said he sent a letter to the White House Wednesday with signatures of nearly three dozen lawmakers calling for Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to resign.

“Secretary Sebelius was one of the biggest cheerleaders for this law going forward,” Fleming told Megyn Kelly on Fox News’s “Kelly File."

“And all along, she was reassuring us how, what a great experience this is going to be for customers. How easy it was going to be when, in fact, we find out that it's been an absolute disaster. And then, a couple of days ago, we learned, heck, she never even informed the president that this thing was about to collapse.”

Sebelius appeared in an exclusive interview on CNN Tuesday during which she claimed both she and President Obama were not made aware of HealthCare.gov’s technical problems before the site was unveiled Oct. 1.

It “became clear” to the president within the first couple of days, Sebelius said, that the website was experiencing a spate of problems.

When asked if she had discussed resigning with Obama, she said, “I think my job is to get this fully implemented and to get the website working right,” she said.

“And that's really what I'm focused on.  I work at the pleasure of the president, and he is singularly focused on making sure we deliver on this promise. That's what I'm committed to doing.”

Despite the backlash, Rep. James Lankford (Okla.), a conservative Republican, said that decision is up to the president.

“I'll let the president decide if she's going to keep her job,” Lankford said on Fox Business Network’s “Willis Report” Wednesday. “She serves at the pleasure of the president. If that's the best representative that he has for his values on the way he wants to do business, he can go ahead and keep her on from there.”

A few Democratic lawmakers have suggested firing others who were more directly involved with the messy rollout.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline xfreeper

Re: Dozens of lawmakers call for resignation of HHS secretary
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 03:53:46 pm »

Doesn't count. It's just the GOP. Besides, Jarrett says she stays. End of discussion
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:54:36 pm by xfreeper »